The Student Room Group

2012 fee if I change course after first year.

Hi all,

I am starting uni in September 2011. If I decide to change course after my first year, lets say from French to Law, will I have to pay 2012 fees? Or will I pay 2011 fees + inflation as I started in 2011.

Sorry if this has been previously discussed but I cant find any information in regards to this.

Thanks for you help :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by sjd2489
Hi all,

I am starting uni in September 2011. If I decide to change course after my first year, lets say from French to Law, will I have to pay 2012 fees? Or will I pay 2011 fees + inflation as I started in 2011.

Sorry if this has been previously discussed but I cant find any information in regards to this.

As French and Law aren't exactly related degrees, you wouldn't be able to get direct entry into Year 2 of Law, so you would have to pay the 2012 fees.
Reply 2
Original post by sjd2489
Hi all,

Yeah, I believe you'll have to pay 2012 fees.

If you were to apply for a joint honours (French + ____) then you may be able to avoid the fee hike if your classification is solid at the end of the year and the subjects are somewhat related, but again, no one can really be sure (also, this only really happens in rare instances).

It's worth inquiring with the uni itself rather than on TSR, OP. Only they can give you a clear answer.

:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by PhoenixFortune
As French and Law aren't exactly related degrees, you wouldn't be able to get direct entry into Year 2 of Law, so you would have to pay the 2012 fees.

Where do you get this information from may I ask? I want to know more about this.
Original post by Gravy_South
Where do you get this information from may I ask? I want to know more about this.

What about? Sorry, your post isn't specific.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending