The Student Room Group

First two years at MSci/Mchem/MPhys

Hi,
After doing a bit of research on the Scottish University System (I'm an EU student) I am still uncertain about the following:
Are the first two years at MSci/Mchem/MPhys etc. and Bsc degrees the same ? When studying a MSci/Mchem/MPhys degree, do you still have the flexibility to study three different subjects in the first two years ?
Reply 1
Original post by enstudsiast
Hi,
After doing a bit of research on the Scottish University System (I'm an EU student) I am still uncertain about the following:
Are the first two years at MSci/Mchem/MPhys etc. and Bsc degrees the same ? When studying a MSci/Mchem/MPhys degree, do you still have the flexibility to study three different subjects in the first two years ?

I think it will depend on the uni, but for most of the uni's I have looked at you have the option to switch to an MSc at the beginning of the third year if you started on a BSc or vica versa, so I think the answer is yes.
Reply 2
Thanks. Unfortunately, I see that generally it is easier to switch to Bsc from MSci/Mchem/MPhys etc. than the other way around.

Quick Reply

Latest