The Student Room Group

Tips for Hazard Perception test?

I have mine tomorrow for my theory test. The theories fine... But the Hazard perception is the one that I could not do last time. I got 3 marks off passing it last time, is there a trick to doing it? Apparently you have to click multiple times, three times when you see a hazard but I'm worried I might be disqualified from the clip or something if I click too much.

Any tips would be great :biggrin:
Reply 1
Click when you see a potential hazard, click again when you get closer and the hazard's not gone, click again if you're about to run them over or something xD

Totally depends on what clip it is, use your judgements. But whatever you do don't click 1000000 times per clip ^.^
Reply 2
Practice, practice, practice. Find videos online.
You click when a potential hazard develops into an actual hazard where you need to change your speed or direction to avoid it.
Original post by ifstatement
I have mine tomorrow for my theory test. The theories fine... But the Hazard perception is the one that I could not do last time. I got 3 marks off passing it last time, is there a trick to doing it? Apparently you have to click multiple times, three times when you see a hazard but I'm worried I might be disqualified from the clip or something if I click too much.

Any tips would be great :biggrin:

Try not to fall asleep. I so nearly did, there are so many clips in there it gets really boring...

Don't click more than a couple of times as there is a chance they will disqualify you, one or two is usually enough. A good tip I was told though, just watch really clearly and if you see something that will cause you in the car to slow down or change direction then click on it. It is a really simple piece of advice but helps so much.
coffee....lots and lots of coffee :nutcase:
Reply 5
I took my test today and passed. I was really weak on Hazard Perception too.

Just click whenever something could be a hazard and then click again when it is definitely a hazard... I don't think clicking three times is neccessary unless you think that you've clicked too early.

Also, concentrate really hard and look at every single thing on the screen. I was accidently looking for pedestrians on the pavement on mine today when some van was swerving into the road (probably the one I only got one mark for :tongue:).
Reply 6
I just clicked as I saw a potential hazard developing ...
Don't click too many times because you may end up with 0.
For each clip I think I clicked around 3-4 times! Good luck!!
Reply 7
You only need to click once, I think it fails you if you click in patterns and clicking 3 times will probably be seen as a pattern.
Reply 8
Not to brag, but I found the hazard perception piss easy.

If you see someones brake lights go on, *click*
If someone steps into the road *click*
When you turn round a corner *click*
If someone pulls out in front of you *click*
If someone is on the wrong side of the road/if there isn't enough room to get past *click*

The majority of the hazards are so blatant, I don't know how people have trouble with it :s-smilie:

The theory is much harder, IMO.
Reply 9
Click every time you see something move.
My friend managed to somehow, (don't ask me) pass his Hazard Pereception by randomly clicking every couple of seconds or so.

Bear in mind he passed his theory 3rd time lucky... :doh:
Reply 11
Watch out for hazards.

But seriously, practice. And make sure you get a good nights sleep, you wanna be wide awake for the test.
Reply 12
Original post by Doke
Click every time you see something move.

This.

Even click if you see a car at 300 metres on a road which might even be approaching the road you're on.
Just remember you have that many clicks that you can click whenever you see anything that could be considered hazardous
Click lots of time for anything you see that poses an even the smallest danger. You only get screwed over if you click far too much.

I know a friend who got caught "cheating" by clicking too many times, he was still able to pass.
If you click in patterns you will get caught. On one of the clips on my theory test I got 0 because it detected irregular clicking when I unintentionally clicked in a repetitive pattern.
Reply 16
Do i need to click either left button for left side hazard ? And right button for right side hazard? Coz hard to pinpoint when i see hazard and ended up clickin too much any help please thanks indeed
Reply 17
You can click either left or right it dont matter.
i had my theory today and passed just click when you see a possible hazard and click when you go closer.
Dont worry about clicking too much just dont click every second and you will be fine i click around 10-15 times each clip and nothing happened.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending