The Student Room Group

Primary Education 2012 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ashbash123
Do I have to make a presentation before hand? Or by presentation do you mean, me talking about my book and ideas on how to use it to the group?

Many thanks x

Sorry for the late reply I've been on holiday so it's probably too late now anyway but not a powerpoint or anything just a verbal one and yes just briefly summarise the book and how to use it in different lessons x
Reply 1541
anyone accepting roehampton as a firmmm?
Reply 1542
Firmed Leeds Trinity, for early years! any one else?! :smile:
Reply 1543
Original post by Emie
Hi, can I just ask how you know that about huddersfield? I've looked on their website but can't see anything. Do they have extra spaces for this year? Do you know their numbers now?
Thanks

Yes Hud have been given 5 extra places for their 3-7 PGCE, it is open on GTTR now. Remember it is a 3-7 focused course though so exp is required in foundation stage and KS1, although when you qualify you can teach across Primary. I am the admissions tutor!
Original post by scared!
anyone accepting roehampton as a firmmm?

I am :smile:
Reply 1545
Original post by Ami_xo
Firmed Leeds Trinity, for early years! any one else?! :smile:

I've firmed for later years!! :biggrin: Add me on facebook? Abbey Mo Jo Kershaw xxxxxx
Reply 1546
WHO IS GOING TO OXFORD BROOKES???? Have just confirmed my place :biggrin: xxx
Original post by jbarfie
Just about to finish my first year at BG! I would recommend not having a part-time job! We've been in everyday all year and even when we're not in (the odd day off, holdidays etc.) you have reading and essays to do!

Hi I agree with James I'm on Primary ed to you would really struggle to hold down a job the course is pretty much 9-5 and then placment which are longer days than that and your essays etc
Kate xx
I applied for Cumbria and got two conditional offers - whoop whoop ! :biggrin: Anyone else heading there? x
Reply 1549
Hi! Has anyone who had an interview for Greenwich on the 18th of April heard any responses? Im still waiting... im just wondering if anyone has got any acceptances :smile: thanks
Oxford brookes for primary ba :smile: anyone heading there?
Reply 1551
Original post by ashbash123
Hello! :smile: I had an interview at Winchester on the 4th April, and it was fine. We had the usual discussion of the course and did the housekeeping of giving them our photocopied documents etc. Then we were split into groups and taken off. We did the written task and solo interview sort of together, solo interview lasted like 5 mins! Afterwards, we went round talking about our books, then went round again asking questions. :smile:

So don't worry! Good Luck.

Hey ashbash! Thanks for your help!! Any advice on books? I'm a bit stuck on whether to present a fiction or non- fiction book.... Did people just go up and say "this is the book i've chosen because...' - and explained about the story, the suitable age group and how they could interpret the book to the classroom? etc.. im soo stuck on how to present my book...
Also for the written task, do you only get one question and have to write about it? How long do you get to write it up?
Sorry for all of the questions, I just want to nail this interview lol :smile:
Accepted plymouth to study primary ed (p.e) as my firm choice, anyone else going there or on that course?
Reply 1553
Original post by TessaBarton
Accepted plymouth to study primary ed (p.e) as my firm choice, anyone else going there or on that course?

YES!!!!
Original post by --Lauren
WHO IS GOING TO OXFORD BROOKES???? Have just confirmed my place :biggrin: xxx

I am going for Architecture ...

for which course you are going ?
I've finally got an interview at Sunderland on Wednesday and I really, really want to go here, so if anybody has any advice or can tell me what the tests are like it would be much appreciated!!!
Thanks xxxx
Hey, i am currently doing my a-levels at a sixth form college, i have applied to a variety of universities for the Primary Education (QTS) course.

I have been invited to an interview at Worcester University and i was wondering if anyone will be able to give me any insight on what to expect as i am very nervous about it but really want and need to be offered a conditional place!

All help greatly appreciated!
Original post by vkirby
YES!!!!

plymouth marjon? or just normal plymouth?
Reply 1558
Original post by abijo
I've firmed for later years!! :biggrin: Add me on facebook? Abbey Mo Jo Kershaw xxxxxx

SNAP! cant wait! :biggrin: xx
Original post by westwood04
Hey, i am currently doing my a-levels at a sixth form college, i have applied to a variety of universities for the Primary Education (QTS) course.

I have been invited to an interview at Worcester University and i was wondering if anyone will be able to give me any insight on what to expect as i am very nervous about it but really want and need to be offered a conditional place!

All help greatly appreciated!

It's a really nice interview, the two interviewers I had were very friendly and it was more of a chat than a formal interview. The presentations were given to the group and everyone was really nice and took an interest in what you were saying. The tests are nothing to worry about just a short essay/writing piece and a quick maths test.

Don't worry about it at all it will be fine :smile: I've accepted Worcester as my firm choice :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest