The Student Room Group

Primary Education 2012 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

hey, I'm planning on applying for primary education and I was wondering if any of you knew of any good books on primary education or anything I could read that would help me in interviews and things.
Thankyou
Original post by elizaSandbach
hey, I'm planning on applying for primary education and I was wondering if any of you knew of any good books on primary education or anything I could read that would help me in interviews and things.
Thankyou

The TES (times educational supplement) magazine is useful, I read it before some of my interviews :smile:
Reply 1722
Original post by elizaSandbach
Thankyou

Inspirational teachers, inspirational learned by Will Ryan and the TES :smile: when you get offered an interview, some places like MMU and Chester give you topics to do a speech on at your interview and you'll find every topic in the TES :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Anyone going to edgehill?
Original post by Forddyyy
anyone got an interview at greenwich tomorrow?

How was your interview for greenwich ? do you have any tips. What university did you choose in the end /
Reply 1725
Original post by rosieposiepie
I've had interviews at Oxford Brookes, Roehampton, York St John and St Marys, and I've had a conditional offer from Oxford Brookes, a conditional from St Marys and an email from YSJ saying I've been successful but have to wait for TDA numbers.
So I just thought I'd offer a helping hand out there to anyone who is yet to have interviews at any of these (or any other universities!)
Drop me a message, I'm happy to help!

Hii! Could you tell me what the whole interview process consisted off at oxford brookes and st marys? Would be a great help! thaaaanks
Reply 1726
Original post by icnthelpit
Did anyone have their interview at canterbury christ church on the 18th Jan? If you did, have you got a reply back from them yet?

What artifact did you/others in your group take in for you presentation? I'm really struggling with ideas for what to take! :confused::confused:
Original post by loubails
What artifact did you/others in your group take in for you presentation? I'm really struggling with ideas for what to take! :confused::confused:

Im sorry, i had my interview last year, so i didn't have an artifact (they've changed the interviews since last year) try asking on the 2013 primary ed sight?
You could take a your favourite book, and show how you ncould incorporate it into teaching? Although you may want to stand out, don't take anything wacky or extreme in, its better to have something simple and explain it well than something wacky with a tedious link.
Im sorry i couldn't be too much help :frown: good luck though!
Original post by rmills5
Hii! Could you tell me what the whole interview process consisted off at oxford brookes and st marys? Would be a great help! thaaaanks

Im at st Mary! :biggrin: have you had your interview yet? If yes, how did it go? If not, i can tell you what its like :smile: good luck with all your interviews :smile:
Reply 1729
Hi, I'm in my first year of primary education at Leeds trinity and I rememebrr going through the same thing u all are. So if u want any help it advice feel free to message me onfacebook because I probably won't see it on here.

My Facebook name is abbey Jo kershaw

I went to interviews at
Leeds trinity - offer
Leeds met - unsuccessful
Nottingham Trent - offer
Huddersfield - offer
York st John - unsuccessful
I'm in my first year at MMU too, same goes :smile: I'll help as much as possible x
Anyone got an interview to York St. John's university for primary education on the 26th of February?

Quick Reply

Latest