Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I ask a favour, TSR?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was really wanting to go and see Death of a Salesman at the Edinburgh festival. It runs for 6 days, the 22nd-27th. I was planning to go with my girlfriend on Monday the 22nd, but I went to book it for that day and it is now sold out It wasn't sold out a couple of days ago, just I went to book them today because I needed to know when she was working. Monday the 22nd is the only day she can go.

So, I was wondering, it's sold out on the official website, could anyone somehow find some tickets on another website or something? I know it's a longshot, and I thought I'd ask TSR because I'm not really that good at finding things on the internet. So if anyone could help I'd be really grateful.

I know I'm going to get a lot of "man up and do something else", and that's what we're going to do now, but if anyone could find any tickets for this I'd be very thankful
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    ebay?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miza)
    ebay?
    I searched "Death of a Salesman Edinburgh Fringe" and got no results on Ebay.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    try gumtree
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you able to go to the theatre on the day and ask for any returns at the box office? Big, last ditch attempt of desperation, I know, but it might work.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    Are you able to go to the theatre on the day and ask for any returns at the box office? Big, last ditch attempt of desperation, I know, but it might work.
    I think I might call them tomorrow and ask, but I'm not going to go and take her through to Edinburgh on the day when there's only a slim chance of getting tickets.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love the title of this thread, its pretty sweet. Of course you can ask us a question my friend :P
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pineapples01)
    I think I might call them tomorrow and ask, but I'm not going to go and take her through to Edinburgh on the day when there's only a slim chance of getting tickets.
    I'm sorry, I have no idea how far or near to Edinburgh you are.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I googled it and a website says they've reduced the auditorium from 100 seats to 60 this year, so I think it's unlikely you'll get them.

But it says if they are sold out you can try their venue, you could check that out.

http://www.deanclose.org.uk/home.aspx?LevelxID=2333
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    I'm sorry, I have no idea how far or near to Edinburgh you are.
    Not too far, about half an hour by train. It's still a bit too far to go on an off chance of getting tickets though.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not too far, about half an hour by train. It's still a bit too far to go on an off chance of getting tickets though.
    That's not that far, if you're as desperate as you claim to be :rolleyes:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Where you literally just going to go and see the one show at the Fringe? Because normally you'd go and see a variety of things, and there are so many free things you could tie it in. Then, you could go on the day and see if they have any for that time, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if you didn't get them. I remember going to Ed last year and just wandering into pubs and watching random stand-up acts or sketch shows off the cuff.

I'm going up on Thursday with that intention anyway...
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Call them up latish in the day to check beforehand, if you haven't had any luck elsewhere. It's the best I can offer, sorry.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 16, 2011
New on TSR

GCSE results day

How to make sure you're prepared for Thursday

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.