The Student Room Group

Crazy university stories!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dipless

You didn't by any chance stay in Nutford house did you?
Reply 81
Original post by Tommyjw
I love how people continue to neg lots of the posts on the front p[age and stuff xD . It's cute.

It's like 'god damn those people having fun, i am so sad it annoys me!' Bless.

You really hate getting negged dont you
Reply 82
Me and a couple of mates went to a flat party, got a bit drunk, and then decided to go back to our accommodation site at 2/3am ish, took sleeping bags, food, tea bags and a kettle with boiled water with us to hang out at the lake, and started gazing at the sky to find some constellations (god knows why), drinking cold tea in the process, talking about philosophical crap and kept reiterating to each other that we're all best friends and love each other. Around 5/6 in the morning we went to Tesco (open 24/7) to get some bombay bad boy pot noodles coz one of my mates kept nagging us he wanted some, even though I'm pretty sure he had loads in his flat lol.

Woke up with a hangover later in the morning.

I wouldn't say it's my wildest night but it was pretty unusual.
Reply 83
Original post by SuperRape
You didn't by any chance stay in Nutford house did you?

Sussex Gardens :tongue:
This thread's making me SO excited for university. :grin:
Reply 85
Original post by liamcol123
This thread's making me SO excited for university. :grin:

Indeed but remember it really isn't much fun spending a night in a police cell :tongue: haha
Beer bobbing!

It's a sport we are trying to popularise. Get a big tub (we used a bin) and fill it with ice cold water. Pop some bottles of beer (or your choice of alcohol, WKD would work, etc.) then you have to get it out using only your teeth.

Fun times.

(Yeah, my uni experience... not exactly crazy.)
Reply 87
Original post by Ice_Queen
Beer bobbing!

It's a sport we are trying to popularise. Get a big tub (we used a bin) and fill it with ice cold water. Pop some bottles of beer (or your choice of alcohol, WKD would work, etc.) then you have to get it out using only your teeth.

Fun times.

(Yeah, my uni experience... not exactly crazy.)

Sounds fun :ahee: Well as i'm supposed to be a 'mature' student I'm hoping my second time round won't be quite as crazy... not sure grandads body can take it any more :tongue:
Original post by dipless
Indeed but remember it really isn't much fun spending a night in a police cell :tongue: haha

Ahh I don't know, it would be quite funny :tongue: All in the experience an' all! + you now get to look back on yourself as a badman, you can whip out the "I've done time" line to any women you suspect are into bad boys :sexface:
Reply 89
Original post by liamcol123
Ahh I don't know, it would be quite funny :tongue: All in the experience an' all! + you now get to look back on yourself as a badman, you can whip out the "I've done time" line to any women you suspect are into bad boys :sexface:

Haha never looked at it like this... although pretty sure the GF wouldn't like me using lines on other women. haha! But it's good to know it's there! I'll try it on her :awesome:
Reply 90
The usual stuff.

Corridor:
- Cricket
- Frisbee
- Rugby
- Demolition derby using the wheeley desk chairs

Friend went home for the weekend and left their door unlocked:

Organising a pub golf that involved everyone in my halls was the best idea ever. We had about 40 people doing the route and by 11pm we had 13 casualties (of alcohol) heading home on the bus.
Reply 91
Original post by Olibert
The usual stuff.

Corridor:
- Cricket
- Frisbee
- Rugby
- Demolition derby using the wheeley desk chairs

Friend went home for the weekend and left their door unlocked:

Organising a pub golf that involved everyone in my halls was the best idea ever. We had about 40 people doing the route and by 11pm we had 13 casualties (of alcohol) heading home on the bus.

I'm liking the commitment to the practicle joke... impressive :yes:
Reply 92
Not at university yet but I did have one of the wildest results celebrations the other day that quite clearly belongs in this thread :tongue:

I went to my friends for predrinks with a bottle of amaretto, forgetting the coke. So I had half a bottle of amaretto before even getting out. Get out and drink god knows what... then I'm led to the smoking area (I'm asthmatic) have an asthma attack, pass out for 20 minutes and wake up in a kebab shop thinking wtf. So anyway not wasted anymore but a little drunk, so decide to go home... In the taxi my mate rings me telling me he's coming to mine, I live 5 miles away from where he lives so tell him that'd be stupid. Get home, go to bed. Get woken up by my brother saying someone's followed me home, I tell him to get rid of them and go downstairs, said stalker (friend) leaves and I resume drinking with my brother and his friend. Drink half a bottle of jagermeister and a full bottle of sourz. Got outside and then... I wake up at 11am with sick EVERYWHERE, fully dressed with a black eye and with the worst hangover known to mankind.

Cannot remember ANYTHING that happened. But according to my parents and sister; my sister brings me inside 'cause I'm going to be sick. Puts me on the sofa where apparently I look fine, but then fall off head first banging my eye on the side of the table. Get up, laugh and then run outside, my brothers mate follows me, I tell him I like him, and I like his face? Then we start talking about avenged sevenfold apparently? I woke my mum up by singing in the middle of the road... She brings me in, drags me upstairs and puts me to bed. Some time later I crawl out of bed making so much noise my dad wakes up, he saves me from falling down the stairs and takes me to the bathroom, where I'm sick again. Here comes the most facepalm moment. I demand him to open a sanitary towel... Where then I blow my nose on it and flush it down the toilet. :facepalm2: When he told me, I didn't believe him. He said he couldn't stop laughing but was most concerned about it being flushed...

This is just what they've told me, I haven't had chance to talk to my brothers friend. (Which for the record was the first time I'd met the guy!) :confused:

I had that hangover for 2days. 2DAYS. And what a waste of alcohol :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Looose
Not at university yet but I did have one of the wildest results celebrations the other day that quite clearly belongs in this thread :tongue:

I went to my friends for predrinks with a bottle of amaretto, forgetting the coke. So I had half a bottle of amaretto before even getting out. Get out and drink god knows what... then I'm led to the smoking area (I'm asthmatic) have an asthma attack, pass out for 20 minutes and wake up in a kebab shop thinking wtf. So anyway not wasted anymore but a little drunk, so decide to go home... In the taxi my mate rings me telling me he's coming to mine, I live 5 miles away from where he lives so tell him that'd be stupid. Get home, go to bed. Get woken up by my brother saying someone's followed me home, I tell him to get rid of them and go downstairs, said stalker (friend) leaves and I resume drinking with my brother and his friend. Drink half a bottle of jagermeister and a full bottle of sourz. Got outside and then... I wake up at 11am with sick EVERYWHERE, fully dressed with a black eye and with the worst hangover known to mankind.

Cannot remember ANYTHING that happened. But according to my parents and sister; my sister brings me inside 'cause I'm going to be sick. Puts me on the sofa where apparently I look fine, but then fall off head first banging my eye on the side of the table. Get up, laugh and then run outside, my brothers mate follows me, I tell him I like him, and I like his face? Then we start talking about avenged sevenfold apparently? I woke my mum up by singing in the middle of the road... She brings me in, drags me upstairs and puts me to bed. Some time later I crawl out of bed making so much noise my dad wakes up, he saves me from falling down the stairs and takes me to the bathroom, where I'm sick again. Here comes the most facepalm moment. I demand him to open a sanitary towel... Where then I blow my nose on it and flush it down the toilet. :facepalm2: When he told me, I didn't believe him. He said he couldn't stop laughing but was most concerned about it being flushed...

This is just what they've told me, I haven't had chance to talk to my brothers friend. (Which for the record was the first tell I'd met the guy!) :confused:

I had that hangover for 2days. 2DAYS. And what a waste of alcohol :frown:

Lmao, were your parents cool with it? On my results day me and a friend (both massive lightweights) had a sambuca shot-off. We both had ~18 shots in two hours. He ended up in A&E having stitches to his foot after he climbed out of his window, smashed a plant pot and cut it open. He was trying to get outside because he wanted to go on WoW and had hidden his password out in the garden (wtf?) apparently.

I ended up at a friends and was sick in a bowl then led in it. I then got changed into some of his old clothes (joggers) when his mum washed mine even though he's twice the size of me. I don't remember any of this. I woke up at 6am in his bedroom (i'd never been there before) on the floor, alone and in my boxers. I had no idea where I was or how I'd got there. I then went to creep around his house and met his mum making coffee while I was hungover and in boxers :X
Original post by dipless
Sounds fun :ahee: Well as i'm supposed to be a 'mature' student I'm hoping my second time round won't be quite as crazy... not sure grandads body can take it any more :tongue:

I'm a Masters student and I was the youngest there, so there's definitely nothing in the way of you playing :p:
Reply 95
Original post by RollerBall
Lmao, were your parents cool with it? On my results day me and a friend (both massive lightweights) had a sambuca shot-off. We both had ~18 shots in two hours. He ended up in A&E having stitches to his foot after he climbed out of his window, smashed a plant pot and cut it open. He was trying to get outside because he wanted to go on WoW and had hidden his password out in the garden (wtf?) apparently.

I ended up at a friends and was sick in a bowl then led in it. I then got changed into some of his old clothes (joggers) when his mum washed mine even though he's twice the size of me. I don't remember any of this. I woke up at 6am in his bedroom (i'd never been there before) on the floor, alone and in my boxers. I had no idea where I was or how I'd got there. I then went to creep around his house and met his mum making coffee while I was hungover and in boxers :X

LOL. (In all seriousness I hope your friends okay!) I don't know what I'd do if I woke up alone in my underwear at someone else's house though, probably cry... :tongue:

And yeah my parents were cool with it, they thought it was hilarious when telling me anyway; not sure they felt quite the same at 5am... :tongue: They've been in worse states and I've looked after them, I see it as only fair I return the favour! haha :tongue:
Original post by Looose
LOL. (In all seriousness I hope your friends okay!) I don't know what I'd do if I woke up alone in my underwear at someone else's house though, probably cry... :tongue:

And yeah my parents were cool with it, they thought it was hilarious when telling me anyway; not sure they felt quite the same at 5am... :tongue: They've been in worse states and I've looked after them, I see it as only fair I return the favour! haha :tongue:

Yeah, it turned out alright. I text my girlfriend like "Uh... do you know where I am?". My prom night I was a mess as well. It was shight so I decided to get ****ered and woke up my next door neighbores chundering on my drive.

His foot was okay, iirc. He might have a scar idk.
Reply 97
Original post by Ice_Queen
I'm a Masters student and I was the youngest there, so there's definitely nothing in the way of you playing :p:

:teehee: fair point
Original post by dipless
Sussex Gardens :tongue:

Damn, I'm desperately trying to find someone who went to Nutford!
Reply 99
Original post by SuperRape
Damn, I'm desperately trying to find someone who went to Nutford!

sorry dude.

Quick Reply

Latest