The Student Room Group

back to education or full time job?

hi, im 22 and i was thinking about going back to education but i have financial problems. at the moment i have a part time job barely enough just to survive so obviously i cant afford tutition fees. im thinking of taking a btec national diploma course (level3). i know i am unable to apply for student loan as ive heard its only for degree courses. but isnt there any other student finance support for further education? if not i may have to take up a full time job if i am able to find 1 or i might have to migrant abroad if things doesnt work out.
Original post by lo0phole
hi, im 22 and i was thinking about going back to education but i have financial problems. at the moment i have a part time job barely enough just to survive so obviously i cant afford tutition fees. im thinking of taking a btec national diploma course (level3). i know i am unable to apply for student loan as ive heard its only for degree courses. but isnt there any other student finance support for further education? if not i may have to take up a full time job if i am able to find 1 or i might have to migrant abroad if things doesnt work out.

Whichever college you are going to be attending, they have a funding system in place for students in hardship. Apart from that, you could get a bank loan, but they have ridiculously high rates of interest. You won't be able to get funding from Student Finance for a BTEC.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending