The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Any pool players?

I'm a keen pool player and am hoping to join the university team - Abertay. Any other pool players going to be in Dundee and would like to have social gatherings to play pool.

Perhaps we can swap emails or facebooks in private.

I'm 25, from Ireland going into 3rd year of a creative sound production course in Abertay.
Reply 1
I don't really play pool all too often, but assuming I have appropriate free time at university, I'm sure I could add it to my list of extra-curricular activities I hope to take part in. :biggrin:
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
Original post by Ursidae
I don't really play pool all too often, but assuming I have appropriate free time at university, I'm sure I could add it to my list of extra-curricular activities I hope to take part in. :biggrin:

Nice one mate - I'm going to try and have as many alcohol free hobbies as possible and get bladdered at the weekend only.

What you studying, where you from etc?
Reply 3
I play pool a wee bit but I'm not particularly good, certainly not Pool Team standard :P
Reply 4
I'm studying Computer Games Application Development, and I'm from the south coast of England. It's going to take about 9 1/2 hours of train travelling to get up here. :biggrin:

As Brizee said, I'm certainly not a team standard pool player, although I like your philosophy of only drinking on the weekend. :biggrin:
Reply 5
Well, I play pool for fun really. It's nice to have a bit of competition every once in a while but it's not necessary for me to enjoy the game so if yous are up for it..........

Would it not be as cheap to fly up from London to Edinburgh? I'm travelling on the bus from Donegal - north west of Ireland so that's going to be fun.
Reply 6
Well I'm already moved :biggrin: just got bring myself back down from a weekend up north :P
Reply 7
you not staying in the halls then mate? you from up north?
Reply 8
A direct flight, while admittedly taking less time, poses the problem of me getting to London in the first place. The flights are already more expensive than taking a train, and I'd also need to get a coach/bus to London, which would incur further costs.

As nice as the idea is (it was the first idea I considered), I'd much rather take the train, as I'm always a bit edgy about flying. D:
Reply 9
Original post by Ursidae
A direct flight, while admittedly taking less time, poses the problem of me getting to London in the first place. The flights are already more expensive than taking a train, and I'd also need to get a coach/bus to London, which would incur further costs.

As nice as the idea is (it was the first idea I considered), I'd much rather take the train, as I'm always a bit edgy about flying. D:

I didn't think it would be too much of a difference flying price wise. I'm taking the bus the first time because of the cost of luggage but for visits home I will be flying from then on.
Yes, But I lost £100 the other day on a game, Didn't even know uni's had pool teams.
Reply 11
Nah, Halls is mainly just for first years/direct entrants
Reply 12
yeah, it's the easiest way to do it when you're moving country. i'd prefer to be out private but the fact that there are no bills and that i'm 2 minutes from the university and city centre in meadowside - i don't think i'll bother looking for private accomodation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending