The Student Room Group

London Riots BBC Question Time Special - Unrepresentative Panel = Political Prejudice

Anyone else think it's a bit tame to shy away from inviting anyone right of centre to appear on the panel?

They're prepared to invite the likes of Griffin to be widely ridiculed and the odd slightly barmy neo-con during more peaceful times but when the **** hits the fan and there's real danger of someone on the right capturing the mood of the people the BBC reverts to type..

Can't say I'm surprised, though I was a little disappointed - was hoping for a more lively/real debate :rolleyes:
(edited 5 years ago)
They're somewhat obligated to have a Conservative member of the Government, they have regular appearances from Nigel Farage and seemingly always have a hard right journalist, either in the form of Melanie Phillips or otherwise.

I don't see what there is to faff about with.
Reply 2
Um, Brian Paddick, David Davis, Fraser Nelson? Not quite sure what you're complaining about.
To be honest with you I find it difficult to watch question time because of how ridiculously stupid the audience is.
Original post by JediMindTrick
To be honest with you I find it difficult to watch question time because of how ridiculously stupid the audience is.

The audience are hand picked, which is why their views are often not representative of public opinion.
Reply 5
Original post by Foo.mp3
Anyone else think it's a bit tame to shy away from inviting anyone right of centre to appear on the panel?

They're prepared to invite the likes of Griffin to be widely ridiculed and the odd slightly barmy neo-con during more peaceful times but when the **** hits the fan and there's real danger of someone on the right capturing the mood of the people the BBC reverts to type..

Can't say I'm surprised, though I was a little disappointed - was hoping for a more lively/real debate :rolleyes:

David Davis and Fraser Nelson aren't right of centre?
Should have had a more diverse panel i would agree. But the young voters question time was a complete farce.
Reply 7
Fraser Nelson edits THE SPECTATOR. The Spectator.

Most certainly a right wing magazine, and one of the best political journals around. When he's on, the right (not necessarily the Tories, though) are rather fairly represented.
Reply 8
Its the BBC what do you expect?
BBC is fast becoming another Top Gear, good for entertainment purposes only......a weak one at that.
I'm surprised David Lammy wasn't on the question time special
Reply 11
Original post by Kibalchich
David Davis and Fraser Nelson aren't right of centre?

Anything left of the far-right are filthy lefties. The real question is why there isn't anyone from the left on, where is Judith Orr, John Molyneux or other disciples of Marx/Lenin/Trotsky!?

Right Wing Bias!
Reply 12
They should get either Dick or Dom on the panel.
Reply 13

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending