The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DOA
since you have spoken about it theres not more you can do apart from an idea I had. Why not put some kind of well hidden marker on stuffyour sister takes (or stuff you think she might take) and tell your mum what it is but not your sister. the same idea is used in magic tricks, a little tell so you can see one thing from another. I personally suggest those little dots they sell in stationary shops on the tag on the clothes or on the make up bottles put a black ring with a marker around the top or bottom

Great idea :smile:
My sister steal my bobbles and creases my morganville books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like pooing on all of her possessions
Original post by amanidosentcare
My sister steal my bobbles and creases my morganville books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like pooing on all of her possessions

FOR GOODNESS SAKE!

This thread is nearly 4 years old!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Do not resurrect old things like this, I'm sure OP is over it by now.
I've had this problem for years and its caused so many arguments. I have a lock on my bedroom door but think its a bit ridiculous that I have to lock my room in my own house. My sister just has a complete lack of respect for my stuff, everything she takes gets ruined/broken/stained. I am also really organised and my wardrobes and cupboards are really tidy so I can tell straight away if she has taken something. I have now started regularly going through her room (on a weekly basis) to find my stuff and for everything I find I take something of hers. I have quite a few items of clothing that are hers but she just hasn't even noticed, although this doesn't surprise me as her room is a complete mess. I'm thinking it will get to the point where she has no clothes left and she will have to apologize to get them back! I Maybe I'm being a bit dramatic but I honestly am gonna really loose it with her one of these days!
(edited 8 years ago)
try having your sister sharing a room since my sister uses my stuff without asking aka my laptop
I hate it my sister does it all the time I love art and I buy really expensive equipment and guess what I find them ruined or ran out or lost which pisses me off and is not funny I tell my parents they just ignore or tell them to stop and they do it again she even once stole my money and took me ages to get it back from her and now what she stole isn't something big but I hate it cuz it ruins what I worked on hard like I have a little notebook with notes about lessons and I've divided equally which takes ages for each lesson and she just went in ripped a bunch of paper from it even though she has the same THINGGG! It just angers me cuz all that I plan for gets ruined and I have to restart it she even starts swearing to God that she haven't but I can clearly see it's mine cuz mine are a different colour!
Reply 26
I had this situation too when I was younger. Only way to resolve it was to get a lock, and lock the door each and every time I left the room. Even if I went to the toilet or something..

my sibling would take any opportunity they got to slip in there unnoticed, and once or twice when I left the room for a short period of time and "forgot" to lock the door, I payed the price ...and stuff went missing.

Literally the only way to ensure stuff didn't go missing was to get a lock.

and get a bump key resistant lock too. I don't think mine was bump proof, ...and tbh I think if he knew about bump key's he would have ordered one off Amazon or someplace just to get in there,
Reply 27
Call them names and threaten them to death and they will stop and always watch them and snitch on everything they do.
I can so relate to this, recently she nicked my apple thunderbolt cable.

Oddly i am now accused of stealing my own stuff to stir augments, i kid you not.
i have a vr headset my sister stole my money when i put it on my side so now on each eye hole for the headset i put my money there and shell never know it unless she click on this and who will look in a r headset for money
I just share with my sister and she shares with me, end of story, no one complains. None of that "this is mine, this is yours cr*p".
But what if u share a room??
Reply 32
the same thing happens to me with my sister and when she acts like she dosen't have it my mom will just sit then and do anything about it's is really annoying when she does it beacause she has been doing i since i was born and she continues to do it and will not stop. And sometimes at night i sneakinto she room and take it back and never knows until she looks for it. then she will take it back when i'm not in my room and we will repeat to process over and over and over again beaxuse it's all we know how to do. one way to make it stop is to hide your stuff reallly and never take it out when she is around only when you are alone and no one can see or hear you.
I agree this is terrible. I found out today that my OLDER brother has been drinking out of my drink from the fridge and I have no where to hide them. It just pisses me off that I can’t even have my drink bottles filled with WATER left alone, like idk how long he has been doing it but shouldn’t he know better?
My brother does that so I just used to lock my room.
I always get accused of stealing my sisters makeup and my cousins too... but i never do they just leav it in my makeup drawer to blame me what should i do?!??!?!?!?!?
Reply 36
omg i have the exact same thing happening! Its soooooooo annoying! Like just now a whole pack of my pencils is gone! she is always so mean to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:frown:
Then shed just tell mom and i have no proof she stole mine
My sister takes my stuff all the time!!! We have just recently moved house and I have to share a room with her. We have a small box bedroom that probably couldn’t fit more then a single bed in so me and my mum agreed that I could have that as my dressing room and keep a dressing table and wardrobe in there so that my sister could have her things in the bedroom and I could have mine separate to keep our things to ourselves as she is 19 and planning on moving out. Anyway my sister being my sister still takes my things, I wouldn’t mind if she asked to use my stuff but she doesn’t and it gets me really mad. I still go to school and roughly try to go to sleep around 10:30 ish, but I can’t because I get to stressed about my sister taking my things so I’m always tired for school and it does my head in. I’d love to be able to share with my sister but she doesn’t care about how she treats other people’s things and never brings my things back. Could someone please give me tips?
My sister takes my clothes out of my laundry and wears stuff that she knows is mine and then just tells my mom oh whoops im just bad at doing laundry

Latest