The Student Room Group

My car got keyed, do I report it to the police?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by applepie55
How exactly could she be more careful in this particular situation?

Most folk seem to try and park as close to the door as they can for some reason. I always park well away from other cars and in an area of the carpark where you'd have no other reason to pass through there but to get in your car.

You shouldn't *have* to do this, but it helps!
There isn't a lot you can do really. Your either going to have to pay the insurance excess and get it repaired or pay for it yourself. The later will be the cheaper option overall. Because if you do claim you'll be loaded on your insurance for the next 5 years or so.

I just hope your car is not metallic
Reply 22
I didn't say they did it, just that I think they did. As in i think it was possibly them, not it definitely was. If I thought for sure it had been them, I would have passed that on to the police. My point was that the people who are there all drive very expensive cars, have a lot of money (some are even millionaires) and so seeing as it's highly likely that whoever did it could afford to pay to repair it, then they should. However there's no CCTV so that won't be happening.
Reply 23
Original post by JC.
Most folk seem to try and park as close to the door as they can for some reason. I always park well away from other cars and in an area of the carpark where you'd have no other reason to pass through there but to get in your car.

You shouldn't *have* to do this, but it helps!

But as I said, that was literally the only space in the entire car park. If possible, I'll always give people plenty of space. Unless the person was like 25 stone or in a wheel chair possibly, they should have had no problem getting into their car.
Reply 24
Original post by caroline@uni
But as I said, that was literally the only space in the entire car park. If possible, I'll always give people plenty of space. Unless the person was like 25 stone or in a wheel chair possibly, they should have had no problem getting into their car.

Well you did all you could, then.
Just chalk it up to experience. The police won't do a damn thing other than give you a crime number.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending