The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Kingbradley6
Which colleges were they? As the general Cambridge website says there aren't any GCSE requirements (well they said like C in science, English and maths - and I realise everyone gets more who applies).

Edit: I'm basically saying I don't see how colleges can set individual requirements separate from the University of Cambridge.

Well I received a lot of replies and going through all of them is long so I cannot do it now. Kings said this though:

During the application process, we look at:

your academic record, including GCSE and AS (or equivalent) grades and marks and A level (or equivalent) grades or predictions, this record being considered in the context of the quality (but not type) of schools/colleges at which it was achieved;
your school/college reference;
your personal statement;
your BMAT performance
your performance at interview (if invited)

Then Trinity said this

Each applicant is considered individually, using all the information
available, i.e. academic record, including GCSE and AS grades and A
level grades or predictions, school/college reference, personal
statement, submitted work (where requested), test results (where a
written test forms part of the assessment) and performance at interview.

I know that there's at least another one that included GCSEs but currently I can't find the one that asked for 6As. I think that I left some in the "spam" folder so probably they have been deleted.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by rhetoric
I've actually changed my mind and will be applying to Emmanuel. What made you decide on St. John's? :smile:

:five: Hello!! Another Emma Medic applicant!!
Reply 122
Guys, go into "The Medicine Applicant Stalking Page 2012 Entry" and fill in you details, this way it will be easier to contact people going for interview on the same dates etc :smile:
Original post by giraffegiraffe
How have you all chosen your colleges? (having trouble deciding which one to apply to)

Also- does anyone know the details about the additional personal statement that we are allowed to write if we are applying to Cambridge?

http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/apply/saq.html

Click on the document which says Guide to Completing the SAQ. It gives you quite a detailed explanation. :smile:
Original post by Sailingslipelick
http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/apply/saq.html

Click on the document which says Guide to Completing the SAQ. It gives you quite a detailed explanation. :smile:

thankyou :smile:
Reply 125

I've actually changed my mind and will be applying to Emmanuel. What made you decide on St. John's? :smile:

I know a few people who go and say that they really enjoy it there, that it's got lots to offer. I also hear good things about their amazing May Ball :P
Reply 126
hi guys!

ok, so i have 10A*s at GCSE, 281 in bio, 265 in chem, 263 in maths and 166 in english lit, predictions of A*A*A*A*, looking at sidney...

what do you reckon are my chances?

also anyone else for sidney out there?
Reply 127
Has anyone here got an e-mail from Cambridge regarding the SAQ after sending applications? I have only got the e-mail from UCAS...
Reply 128
Original post by Nator
Has anyone here got an e-mail from Cambridge regarding the SAQ after sending applications? I have only got the e-mail from UCAS...

Wait a while, it doesn't come instantly, but it'll come eventually :smile:
Reply 129
Original post by SabreT
Wait a while, it doesn't come instantly, but it'll come eventually :smile:

Ah alright then, thanks :biggrin:
Reply 130
Hi, Currently studying A levels, and have an ambition to do medicine. I hate to ask this but with GCSEs like this: AAAABB and Doing GCSE French currently alongside A levels? Do i have a chance?. Also, Which collage should i apply to? (With the optimistic grades of AAAA in AS (90%))
Finally, can you get rejected before doing BMAT for being understandards?
Thanks alot!
Original post by NitroAbdi
Hi, Currently studying A levels, and have an ambition to do medicine. I hate to ask this but with GCSEs like this: AAAABB and Doing GCSE French currently alongside A levels? Do i have a chance?. Also, Which collage should i apply to? (With the optimistic grades of AAAA in AS (90%))
Finally, can you get rejected before doing BMAT for being understandards?
Thanks alot!

Do you have an excuse for the low GCSEs?
Reply 132
:five: Hello!! Another Emma Medic applicant!!

hi :smile: good luck! :smile: what made you decide on emmanuel?

Original post by Kimchi_59
I know a few people who go and say that they really enjoy it there, that it's got lots to offer. I also hear good things about their amazing May Ball :P

Cool, yeah the May Ball does sound good :smile: do the people you know do medicine?
hi :smile: good luck! :smile: what made you decide on emmanuel?

I found it very pretty when I visited it. :love: Also everyone there was really helpful when I went, the students, the admissions tutor and the porter and I just liked that friendly atmosphere. Obviously Emma would not be Emma without those gorgeous ducks either! (The most important reason, which I should not omit!)
Reply 134
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Do you have an excuse for the low GCSEs?

Does this count, going to the head of GCSE allocator and classes, being told not to do extra and then getting the education welfare officer on him, and still adamantly rejecting me. Even though meeting the required KS3 grades 6a, 6b 6c. Seriously!:angry:
Reply 135
how many are applying to trinity, cos i hear its ridiculously hard to get into!! im applying st johns
When cambridge look at AS UMS scores, do they look at each indivdual subject or the average of subjects (is it 3 or 4 subjects they look at if its the average?)
Reply 137
Original post by crimlex
Guys, go into "The Medicine Applicant Stalking Page 2012 Entry" and fill in you details, this way it will be easier to contact people going for interview on the same dates etc :smile:

Hmmm.... :P competition :wink:.
I'm intrigued about your application. Why decline Imperial Biomed if you're just going to reapply this year? :redface:
Reply 138
Original post by Iepnauy
Hmmm.... :P competition :wink:.
I'm intrigued about your application. Why decline Imperial Biomed if you're just going to reapply this year? :redface:

haha, competition indeed.... I guess I just really wanted to go to Cambridge and decided to reapply instead of "settling" with biomed at imperial, but kept imperial as a sort of back up. I will feel like a right tool if I fail to get in there again this year though.... :smile:
Reply 139
I found it very pretty when I visited it. :love: Also everyone there was really helpful when I went, the students, the admissions tutor and the porter and I just liked that friendly atmosphere. Obviously Emma would not be Emma without those gorgeous ducks either! (The most important reason, which I should not omit!)

Yeah it does just seem like a really nice place! :smile: hopefully I'll see you there haha :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending