The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Magdalene College (Cambridge) Students and 2016 entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I'm still being considered, too - pooled for medicine. It seems everyone pooled by Magdalene are still under consideration. Maybe they only pool people they still might want?
Yep, I still think I'm gonna get rejected too :biggrin:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 61
Offer for English 2007 :smile:
Reply 62
I got an offer for engineering at magdalene too! well see each other there!
Reply 63
I have an offer for Architecture yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Can all us Magdalene poolees please keep eachother informed if we get phonecalls/letters/interviews etc?! Thanks!
I thought that I should end my period of lurking here, as I got an offer for natural sciences from Magdalene. So I made an account...

Congrats to those who got offers, and good luck to those in the pool!
Yep. Us fishies need to keep together..
I mean, we can't be worried until we hear other magdalene people getting pulled back, right? Argh. Really ought to be revising and get off TSR
Reply 67
Any more?? Surely people have received replies by now!
Yes - I was drowned in the pool!
hey, if someone rejects their place at oxbridge, does their place go through clearance???
Reply 70
no idea, are you about to do that??
Reply 71
I don't think so, but read the summer pool info on the website
:smile:
hi Jucus! :hello:
Reply 72
hiiii ems!! :hugs:
Reply 73
Oooh, very quiet.

Lets have some Magdalene talk. Hows everyone feeling? What are they thinking? Anything anyone is worried about?

I'm a bit worried about accomodation... I don't know what to expect. Cripps court is amazing... and the accomodation I saw at open day + interview was OK too. But whats the worst it could possibly be? And how expensive? And how many to a loo? And how many to a kitchen?

Asked all these at open day but got told 'it varies' so any times.
Reply 74
yes i agree, more magdalene chat needed

sorry cant answer any of the questions above, i did stay in a fairly small room with sink at interview, the general opinion seemed to be that i had a pretty grotty room compared to others. i didnt think it was really that bad, compared to other unis anyway, there was a nice beam!

what's the policy on in term time having a friend/ family member share your room- just for a night or two- if they happen to be in cambridge?

i'm very excited, about to confirm firm/insurance on track!!! now we only need the grades ?!?:frown:

:smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 75
I've been wondering about the same questions...I haven't been to any open days nor did I stay in college during my interviews so I have really no idea about the whole accomodation thing.
Now I'm more worried about the financial part of it...I'm struggling with contacting The European Team who are a)the most popular hence busiest people in the whole UK b)just reallly lazy....:rolleyes:
Reply 76
ok so now we've decided- 3 of us anyway- that we want more "magdalene chat" how are we all? :smile:
i chose cam as my firm choice on track today, aargh what if i miss the grades now?!? aargh what if i get the grades..?!? :frown:
Reply 77
:smile: I'm fine...and lost in my reading lists...I have just no idea how to get all these books here in the middle of nowhere Hungary!
Buying them at amazon is a quite expensive business but most of them aren't even in libraries.Hmm, I have still time...but the letter from Magdalene with some Arabic script learning sheets and the book list just made me scared!
How are you all those other fellow magadelene people?
Reply 78
Reading list... scary thought... I think they send me mine once my offer's confirmed- i.e. in August once (?!?) i have the grades. That gives me 6 weeks to read anything and everything vaguely architectural! and i guess Gombrich's Story of Art- 1000 page coffee table book! Arr well fun times ahead!

Good luck Jucus with finding all your books, i reckon Amazon's your best bet... it's probably worth having your own copies once you arrive anyway.

Have fun!!!
Reply 79
hmm,thanks:smile:
I have Gombrich's Story of Art and read it also- but in Hungarian...
Try to have a look on the faculty homepage they might have some reading lists under the papers section or something similar...I mean only if you want to have fun earlier:p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending