The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Magdalene College (Cambridge) Students and 2016 entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Wow you read the whole of Story of Art! It is v. interesting... i admit i did give up eventually.

I'm just reading architecture books i lik ethe look of at the moment, i know some of them appear on Pembroke's reading list. I don't enjoy reading if i'm told i have to and am expected to enjoy it... we'll see...

:smile:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 81
I know this feeling: after my very last school leaving exam I just went to the library and looked around: oooh God, finally I can choose without having thousands of reading lists in my hand. Seems though that this freedom will end soon :smile:
Reply 82
yer more magdalene chat is good. hello all - i'm gonna be a law fresher.
ems xxx
yes i agree, more magdalene chat needed

sorry cant answer any of the questions above, i did stay in a fairly small room with sink at interview, the general opinion seemed to be that i had a pretty grotty room compared to others. i didnt think it was really that bad, compared to other unis anyway, there was a nice beam!

what's the policy on in term time having a friend/ family member share your room- just for a night or two- if they happen to be in cambridge?

i'm very excited, about to confirm firm/insurance on track!!! now we only need the grades ?!?:frown:

:smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 83
welcome to our sleepy thread :smile:
Reply 84
hi :hello:

:sleep:
Reply 85
hi again jucus

ems xxx
hi :hello:

:sleep:

hi emms -:five:
Reply 86
Does anybody know what's the name for magdalene people?? I know that some colleges have these, like "trinitians" (or something similar :smile: ) etc.... do "we" have also one? Just out of pure curiosity...
Reply 87
AAJ1
hi again jucus

hi emms -:five:

well this magdalene chat really is thrilling! where's everyone else?

i've no idea jucus but there really should be
Reply 88
Jucus
Does anybody know what's the name for magdalene people?? I know that some colleges have these, like "trinitians" (or something similar :smile: ) etc.... do "we" have also one? Just out of pure curiosity...

No, dunno lol. And emms, well, yer tis a little slow.
Reply 89
aren't there any current magdalene students on tsr??
Reply 90
its only us three. in the whole first year! guess we'll have good accomodation!
Reply 91
lol! a courtyard each!:smile:
Reply 92
amazing, if we are such a rare species actually we should be protected...by en-suite rooms at least :wink:
Reply 93
at least!
Reply 94
ok, so who should we write that letter?!:wink:
Reply 95
Hi again... Just thought I'd put something.

Oooh are we getting en suite rooms then?? :biggrin:
Reply 96
we're working hard on that question :wink:
Reply 97
Jucus

I asked this on Facebook (the prospective Cambridge students group). I think I found two other guys going to Maggie :P . They didn't have any ideas.. is 'Maggies' too predictable? hmmmm
Reply 98
Maggie?! Oh my god. I don't want to be a "Maggie". It sounds sort of 50 year-old woman sitting and knitting alike :smile:
Reply 99
Jucus
Maggie?! Oh my god. I don't want to be a "Maggie". It sounds sort of 50 year-old woman sitting and knitting alike :smile:

Strange you should say that, I took up knitting last week... (doing full time clerical work in my gap year, hence I have no life...:s-smilie: )

Anyway, Future colleagues (fingers crossed,) I really want to share something with you.

Jokes apart, last week my dad went down to Magdalene for the first time.I'm being very serious when I say that he was stupefied. The woman who was showing him around herself said 'I think the reason no one lives in these rooms is because they are inhabitable'. I've always been with my mum when they showed us all the better accomodation. Whenever I came down to visit, we were shown nice rooms that weren't occupied by first years. And of course, we were shown Cripps Court. I didn't raise any doubts or concerns whenever I was at Cambridge because I was either just not daring to dream about coming there or worrying about my interview. Now that coming to Magdalene is becoming a reality, I'm getting a little worried and apprehensive.

He's been down to Cambridge before and couldn't believe that all that was part of the university. There were pigeons living in people's rooms! I think the worst part for him were the loos and showers. Some of them didn't have doors, they had curtains! And he was a bit miffed at seeing the kitchens...

I don't want to seem ungrateful, but ever since then, I have been very worried. There were rumours of bad accomodation when I went there myself, but they didn't actually show us anything that fits the above picture!

What did you think about accomodation when you went down? Or are you not too bothered? Have you seen the kitchens, the loos, the rooms?

:eek: :frown: :s-smilie: :afraid:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending