The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

The Official University of Birmingham Freshers 2011 Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Name: Vlad
Course: Computer system engineering <---- Nerd here
Accommodation: N/A
Coming From: Russia/Czech Republic
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
lisalilsmartass
btw guys I heard Birmingham were pretty cut throat with people who missed their grades yesterday. 3 of my friends missed their grade offers (one by quite a bit, but the other two were only a grade off) and they were all flat out rejected.

So extra well done everyone for getting in

My friend applied for dentistry at Birmingham and needed AAA. She got AAB, one UMS mark off her A, and they still refused to let her in, so she's having 3 papers remarked :|
Original post by moonymeen
My friend applied for dentistry at Birmingham and needed AAA. She got AAB, one UMS mark off her A, and they still refused to let her in, so she's having 3 papers remarked :|

I missed my offer in Edinburg by 1 point as well, and they refused me. It's quite ridiculous.
Original post by Maxsim Goratiev
I missed my offer in Edinburg by 1 point as well, and they refused me. It's quite ridiculous.

I'm sorry about that :/ and yes, it is. Were you able to get a place somewhere else?
Reply 124
Name: Hem
Course: Law
Accomdation: Unknown
Original post by Hem
Name: Hem
Course: Law
Accomdation: Unknown

Hi hem
Original post by moonymeen
I'm sorry about that :/ and yes, it is. Were you able to get a place somewhere else?

Yieh, i'm in Birmingham now, that's why i'm posting here :biggrin:
Reply 127
Original post by PsyChris
name : chris
course : psychology
accomadation : tennis court flat 97 (not what i wanted but still nice, but who cares, just freakin happy to be goin to bham)
moving from: peterboro

Psychology here too :smile:
Reply 128
Original post by megan:)

[QUOTE=megan[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];33522240]Psychology here too :smile:

what in the same flat? wow, if yes nice to meet you
Reply 129
Original post by Antyla

Original post by Antyla
WOOP, Psychology here too :smile:

awesome , where your accomadation
Reply 130
Name: Chloe
Course: English Q300
Accommodation: Tennis Court Block 15 Flat 85
Moving from: Chepstow (Monmouthshire)

I was looking rather enviously at this thread when it was first created, because I didn't know if I was in or not! Congratulations everybody :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 131
Anyone studying Medical science?
Reply 132
Original post by PsyChris
what in the same flat? wow, if yes nice to meet you

No, I haven't had my accommodation offer yet, but still, the same course.. :L
Reply 133
Anyone studying Human biology 3yr?
I missed my grades by one, instead of getting ABB i got BBBC and ive got another C at AS so im hoping thats what got me the place lol.
Course: English Literature and Classics
Staying: Jarratt Hall
Moving From: temporary house in Shropshire back to my hometown Birmingham (:
Original post by Anastasia.Sy
Course: English Literature and Classics
Staying: Jarratt Hall
Moving From: temporary house in Shropshire back to my hometown Birmingham (:

Heya, when did u get ur offer of acc? was it ur first choice?
Reply 136
I haven't heard back about accommodation yet but it looks like they might be going in order of who applied first. I applied in February but only after a couple of months of dicking around about it, lol! I don't suppose anyone knows whether they send out notifications about accommodation on the weekend?
Reply 137
I'm going to Birmingham too, I got my offer of accomodation on results day but, I did apply in Feburary, staying at mason. :smile:
Reply 138
Original post by Amy789
I'm going to Birmingham too, I got my offer of accomodation on results day but, I did apply in Feburary, staying at mason. :smile:

Well there goes my theory then! Lol. :P
Weird but I feel like everyone's who was getting acc these 2 days were offered Mason, maybe they go in the order by house like who has mason as first choice gets offers now ;p idnk just thinkin cz obviously people got offers of others too just like majority..

Quick Reply

Latest