Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University Freshers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Antifazian
So who's found out who their Durham parents are yet? :biggrin:

2 weeks to go everyone! 10 days if you're international! (I think :redface:) :banana2::banana:

Anyone know what clubs or societies they want to join yet!?

The banana on the left has got some serious moves! :biggrin:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 181
Original post by lil_miss_rapunzel
I've found out who my college kids are if that counts :biggrin:

Certainly does, congratulations! :tongue:

Original post by Zenobia
Hmm the parenting system never worked out for me.
I got two Modern Languages parents because no one else ever does Archaeology. They were nice but obviously our interests didn't match, and they both took off to France in 2nd year.
My one and only child was also lovely but showed no interest in our encouragement e-mails or dinner invitations or even revision notes. So that was that, I'm done.
I did have a lovely uncle though ^^ If it doesn't work out, adopt your own College family.

That's a shame that it didn't work out well for you :frown: Did your child just ignore all of your help completely!?

Original post by The Dark Lord
The banana on the left has got some serious moves! :biggrin:

Kind of reminds me of Neil off the Inbetweeners :awesome:

Kind of reminds me of Neil off the Inbetweeners :awesome:

You couldn't be more right! :biggrin:
Reply 183
Original post by The Dark Lord

You couldn't be more right! :biggrin:

haha I love how Will says, "he's actually quite good" :biggrin:
Any maths students decided what they're doing about buying/loaning textbooks? xx
So who's found out who their Durham parents are yet? :biggrin:

Parents? What am I missing?
Reply 186
Original post by velociraptor

First year students usually get two "parents" which are more senior students there to answer their questions and help ease them into uni life, I think. :smile:

I've met my mum so far. :biggrin:
Reply 187
Original post by velociraptor

You get new parents :wink:

I guess they are like friends who are a little older than you and have done (in the best situation) the course that you are going to do. If you ever did buddying in sixth form, I think it's like that, except they're more fun :smile:
Hi! I'm an international student. My course is Business Finance, Stephenson College.

So, I have to register for an elective course (choose one from two: "Introduction to Management Accounting" or "Personal Finance"). Does anyone know what to choose?
First year students usually get two "parents" which are more senior students there to answer their questions and help ease them into uni life, I think. :smile:

I've met my mum so far. :biggrin:

I have! I've got 2 mums - wooo liberal society! :biggrin:
Original post by rebeccap
me too :P (two mums)

Whereas my friend was in a male-male couple. :biggrin:
Original post by affinity89
Whereas my friend was in a male-male couple. :biggrin:

This is nothing compared to the three/foursomes that my college has been setting up in the last couple of years...

me too :P (two mums)

:biggrin:
ahhhh college families. Personally I had 2 mums (and was then given more as I'm a NatSci) and when I was a parent I had 2 wives and 6 kids!
Reply 194
what do college parents actually do?
Reply 195
got my mum, don't know if a dad exists :P
Reply 196
My mum wrote me a letter :biggrin: It arrived today, apparently I also have a dad and a brother. Hope you all find out soon, it was really nice to talk to someone doing the same subject at the same college (History at Grey) :smile:
Hi two quick questions :smile:

1. Do the colleges provide bed sheets? I am going to st aidans?
2. Is there a college laundrette and if so is it free of charge?
Original post by Kwantum
got my mum, don't know if a dad exists :P

Earlier today I was contacted by my father. For weeks now I have been under the impression that I had 2 mums, and now all of a sudden this strange man comes into my life expecting me to accept him. Well I'm not standing for it. If he really cared about me he'd have been with me from the beginning.
Reply 199
Original post by Supermanben
Hi two quick questions :smile:

1. Do the colleges provide bed sheets? I am going to st aidans?
2. Is there a college laundrette and if so is it free of charge?

Most colleges have a 'bedding pack' which you can pay for as an extra, if you dont then you will need your own bedding. All colleges will have a laundry, they wont be free but normally very cheap.

Quick Reply

Latest