The Student Room Group

Why do girls spend sooo much effort on their nails????

Scroll to see replies

I think the overly long ones are creepy D: *gag*

i love my short french manicure ones though <3 they cute :wink:
Doing your nails makes you feel GOOD. at least for me, its more about doing my nails at night while i listen to music or talk on skype, after a long day of studying, its relaxing. btw, my nailpolish collection lol you can tell i love nailpolish

Reply 22
Umm, I usually just make sure that they are clean, which I admit can take some effort when there's mud, leather fat and engin grease under them. But I think it looks disgusting when people have a long black line at the end of their nails.

I do have nailpolish on one of my finger nails, since it cracked near the top when I was trying to change the stir-ups on my sadle, so I borrowed some of my mums clear nail polish to try to keep the nail together, it still hurt like hell though.
If you don't take care of them they become really weak (well, mine do) and also bad dirty nails are so disgusting.
I like painting them and making them look nice anyway, however I can't stand long fake nails though and them chavvy acrylics... they look cheap, god knows why people pay £30+ for their nails to look like that.
I think having nice nails makes you feel good about yourself instantly. To change other parts of your appearance is either expensive, hard work, or takes place over a long period of time.

If someone is old, wrinkled, obese, generally not a supermodel etc, it's something they can do easily, quickly and cheaply, and can make a part of your body look beautiful, expensive, cared-for and feminine.

I don't see why anyone would begrude them that?! :s-smilie:

You know, they actually offer manicures in care homes sometimes...it gives elderly ladies the sensation of being cared for and being made 'pretty'. :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by alysp13751

Original post by alysp13751
Doing your nails makes you feel GOOD. at least for me, its more about doing my nails at night while i listen to music or talk on skype, after a long day of studying, its relaxing. btw, my nailpolish collection lol you can tell i love nailpolish

BARRY M.... Win!

Quick Reply