The Student Room Group

Iceland pay day?

Does anyone know which day of the week Iceland employee's get payed on?(we're paid weekly) and also if we get paid for the training cos it was like 10 hours looool. thanks in advance for any help xx
what ever day you worked 7 days after that specifically, except a sunday for some reason
Reply 2
Original post by Georgiina_Tee
what ever day you worked 7 days after that specifically, except a sunday for some reason

ohh i see thanks :smile:!! So like the last day I've worked this week was yesterday, so I'll get payed for this week's work next wednesday? Yet next week the last day I work is Saturday so I'll get payed the following Saturday?
no, well i got paid say i work mon tue fri sat, i got paid mondays work, next monday, tuesdays work on the tuesday etc
Reply 4
no, well i got paid say i work mon tue fri sat, i got paid mondays work, next monday, tuesdays work on the tuesday etc

ohhh :L I thought you meant like we got paid a week after our last shift of that week, but we actually get paid a week after our first shift of the week yeee? oh and do you know if we get paid for the induction?:colondollar: thanksssssss btw
I dont get what you mean, once you've given all you details etc you get paid a week after each individual shift, so if you only work on the monday you get paid only mondays shift money. Make sure you clock in and out mine was on the till but might be else where..

Depends what you did on the induction?
Reply 6
I dont get what you mean, once you've given all you details etc you get paid a week after each individual shift, so if you only work on the monday you get paid only mondays shift money. Make sure you clock in and out mine was on the till but might be else where..

Depends what you did on the induction?

ohhhh, so we won't get payed one big sum every week, just like say I did a 4 hour shift monday I'd get £20 odd quid the monday after etc? :| and ermm we watched like all these videos and went throught this booklet for like 6 hours. :|:| and then the next day we did our Cashier training for four hours, which was basically us being taught how to use the tills for 5 mins, then left for the hour 3 hours and 55 mins to serve people LOL and to ring the bell if we needed help :L and ermm we have a rota? so we dont clock in or out? :s
Original post by Confusedddd.

Original post by Confusedddd.
ohhhh, so we won't get payed one big sum every week, just like say I did a 4 hour shift monday I'd get £20 odd quid the monday after etc? :| and ermm we watched like all these videos and went throught this booklet for like 6 hours. :|:| and then the next day we did our Cashier training for four hours, which was basically us being taught how to use the tills for 5 mins, then left for the hour 3 hours and 55 mins to serve people LOL and to ring the bell if we needed help :L and ermm we have a rota? so we dont clock in or out? :s

I doubt you will get paid just as really casually, also when i say clock in and out I had like my employment number which there's and option in the till and you basically type it in and it comes up with your name how long your working for the day and how many breaks you have.. if any. You must clock in other wise you wont be getting paid and you HAD to clock out so the computer knows when you had left. Being paid was all computer based basically and if you were one minute late it would dock 15 minutes from the hour so if you were meant to work 4 you would only get 3 hours pay.
Reply 8
I doubt you will get paid just as really casually, also when i say clock in and out I had like my employment number which there's and option in the till and you basically type it in and it comes up with your name how long your working for the day and how many breaks you have.. if any. You must clock in other wise you wont be getting paid and you HAD to clock out so the computer knows when you had left. Being paid was all computer based basically and if you were one minute late it would dock 15 minutes from the hour so if you were meant to work 4 you would only get 3 hours pay.

ohhhhhh man, this is bleak :L I've been told nothing about clocking in/out and ive worked like 12 hours this week without clocking in or out? :| ****kkk sake :L no one told me anything about it, so maybe it differs with different shops, HOPEFULLY. LOOOL
Reply 9
Hi, I've been working at Icelands for just over a year now, and I get paid every Friday. I'm not sure what time, but it's at like 2am/3am. Anyway, I get paid for the hours I do between Sunday and Saturday. E.g, say this is my timetable; Sunday 13pm-17pm, Tuesday 9am-1pm and Friday 3pm-7pm. I would get paid the following Friday for the 12 hours I did. Whatever amount you get paid, that is for the hours in the previous week. You always work a week in advance bcoz if you had 12 hours, but only turned up for 8, then you'd get paid the 12 hours when you didn't work 12 hours.

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending