The Student Room Group

TSR Class Of 2011 Society MK1

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pheebs1201
I could :awesome: but I garuntee it'd get you lost... :getmecoat:

Someone a few months ago was telling me about how they transfered from UWE to Bristol for history, for second year entry, if that helps :smile:

They've done well there! The ucas application is more a safety net incase i really don't settle in. I can always withdraw if it goes better than expected, which it probably will :smile:

I'm trying to arrange a good time to look around before i have to move in. Cardiff is only 224 miles away on google maps which is a lot closer than i expected. Thats closer to home than Manchester! :zomg:

The 6 hours on the train doesn't look too appealing tho :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 981
Original post by sr90
They've done well there! The ucas application is more a safety net incase i really don't settle in. I can always withdraw if it goes better than expected, which it probably will :smile:

I'm trying to arrange a good time to look around before i have to move in. Cardiff is only 224 miles away on google maps which is a lot closer than i expected. Thats closer to home than Manchester! :zomg:

The 6 hours on the train doesn't look too appealing tho :tongue:

Cheap flights? Might be an option.

To be honest hun ive got a good feeling about Cardiff I think you're gonna have a great time. Just don't see it as "the clearing choice" see it as a place you've genuinely got a shot at being happy at :h:
Yo guys,

I'm thinking of making a revision timetable/schedule.

What's the best way to make one? Colour coded and all that.
Reply 983
IBM Futures (gap year scheme) assessment centre on October 3rd. :sexface:

Original post by NapoleonDynamite
Yo guys,

A schedule already? :eek:

GetRevising is okay, but I personally don't like it. Just make yourself a table in a word processor and fill it in yourself so you can tailor it to your other commitments. I actually made a suggestion to the staff here to build their own timetable generator, I wonder if they'll make one!

Yo guys,

Urgh revision timetables are annoying. I much prefer sitting myself down a saying " Okay i'm going to do 4/5/6/7/8 hours of revision now" and then just doing the topics i feel i need to do most. The biggest hurdle is just getting into a routine!
Reply 985
Original post by gozatron
Urgh revision timetables are annoying. I much prefer sitting myself down a saying " Okay i'm going to do 4/5/6/7/8 hours of revision now" and then just doing the topics i feel i need to do most. The biggest hurdle is just getting into a routine!

So true :yep:
Original post by Groat
IBM Futures (gap year scheme) assessment centre on October 3rd. :sexface:

A schedule already? :eek:

GetRevising is okay, but I personally don't like it. Just make yourself a table in a word processor and fill it in yourself so you can tailor it to your other commitments. I actually made a suggestion to the staff here to build their own timetable generator, I wonder if they'll make one!

Yeh, might as well so I make sure it's done. For the early stages it's just reading, damn arts subjects :colone:
Reply 987
Has everyone seen this thread? Think its quite useful http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1744271 :yep:
Original post by Pheebs1201
Cheap flights? Might be an option.

To be honest hun ive got a good feeling about Cardiff I think you're gonna have a great time. Just don't see it as "the clearing choice" see it as a place you've genuinely got a shot at being happy at :h:

Oooh good shout there! I honestly didn't think about flying :tongue:

Yeah exactly. At the end of the day i left school with 5 GCSE's - if you told me then i'd be going to any uni for something as competitive as History i'd have laughed in your face, never mind an RG one. Everything happens for a reason, right? :awesome:

Original post by gozatron

Indeed. I made a timetable and i don't think it lasted 2 days! Mine was more like ''ok i'm in the college library. I'll do 3 hours of subject X, lunch break, 3 hours of subject Y''.
Reply 989
Original post by sr90
Oooh good shout there! I honestly didn't think about flying :tongue:

Yeah exactly. At the end of the day i left school with 5 GCSE's - if you told me then i'd be going to any uni for something as competitive as History i'd have laughed in your face, never mind an RG one. Everything happens for a reason, right? :awesome:

Right :yep:
Reply 990
Not my 5 no :tongue: But I've got an idea.

I ballsed up my AS, and I wanna apply to AAB Unis, and I got BCC at AS..I think I can get those grades if I work hard enough however.

I had BBC at AS and ended up getting into my firm of AAB last week. Don't fret too much about it, you should be fine with a good PS and one or two 'safe' universities.
Original post by toasteh
I had BBC at AS and ended up getting into my firm of AAB last week. Don't fret too much about it, you should be fine with a good PS and one or two 'safe' universities.

What uni was that? Just out of interest :tongue:
Reply 992
What uni was that? Just out of interest :tongue:

Nottingham, for Politics. I applied to three ABB unis and two AAB unis, and I had four offers. My grades have never been good, so I assume my PS redeemed my application!
Original post by toasteh
Nottingham, for Politics. I applied to three ABB unis and two AAB unis, and I had four offers. My grades have never been good, so I assume my PS redeemed my application!

Nice :biggrin: I wanna apply for history at Birmingham and RHUL :tongue: so hopefully it could be ok.
Original post by toasteh

Notts campus is incredible, you'll love it there :smile:

My friends was very keen to inform me about the ''campus 14'' as well, going to try it? :teehee:
Reply 995
Nice :biggrin: I wanna apply for history at Birmingham and RHUL :tongue: so hopefully it could be ok.

I applied to Birmingham and I had an offer. :yes: Good luck with everything!
Reply 996
Original post by sr90
Notts campus is incredible, you'll love it there :smile:

My friends was very keen to inform me about the ''campus 14'' as well, going to try it? :teehee:

Campus 14? What is it? :colondollar:
Reply 997
Yeh, might as well so I make sure it's done. For the early stages it's just reading, damn arts subjects :colone:

Which texts are you studying next year? :u:
Original post by Groat

First milestone of many in our new home. Well done :smile:

Original post by toasteh
Campus 14? What is it? :colondollar:

A giant pub crawl, basically. 14 bars on campus, must have a pint/double shot in each one :holmes:
Original post by Groat

Great Gatsby and Captain Corelli's Mandolin :colone: Are the novels.

Poems that we don't know of yet. And Othello.

Quick Reply

Latest