The Student Room Group

TSR Class Of 2011 Society MK1

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
Hmm, people seem to have booked their faces on here. I'm debating whether I should too :colone:
Original post by casiogeek
Ahh my dad has one of them cameras! Are they the big ones? :sexface:
Oh yes payday :love: I worked it out to £512 :ahee:

...I'm a girl :colone: I like to have pretty things :ahee: Which is why my mum is getting my stuff when she goes shopping with my dad :ahee:

My mum has brought me.. (the list is long): pots and pans, forks, knives, spoons, scissors, sharp knife, chopping boards, cheese grater, can/tin opener, cereal box, 5 tins of spaghetti, 3 packs of tuna, marmite, hand wash, air tight containers, mugs, bowls, plates, baking tray, tea towels, 2 really big bottles of shower gel, lots of shampoo and conditioner, folder, pens, highlighters and a duvet cover...i think thats all atm :biggrin:
..had to look through my wardrobe to remember what ive got :colone:
I've got work tomorrow all day and friday! Im going round my friends house wednesday and we're going chicago's :biggrin:

What about you? :sexface:

They're the big ones alright :sexface: .. Mine doesn't happen to be the biggest out there though :ahee:

Ahhh, are you getting clothes as well? My wardrobe is pretty much sorted (and it consists of very little) as I can get by on 5-7 t-shirts/polo shirts/shirts and 2 pairs of jeans :rofl: - Obviously, I'm very fashion conscious :teehee:

Your list is very long too :lolwut: .. And I see you've started buying food :sexface: .. Good idea actually! And stationary! (sooo much more to buy :emo:)

£512 :zomg: .. You deserve every penny of it :lovehug: .. Don't spend it all on comics and sweets now :ahee: (or have we grown past that stage? :curious:)

Sounds like a packed week :wink: .. I've got little planned. Gotta sort out bank account tomorrow, got dentist and some tutoring of little people for their maths and then probably more shopping Thursday. What date does your uni start? :cool:
Reply 1062
Original post by sr90
If working that frequently is affecting your health than please try and change shifts or something if you can :frown: I know exactly what its like to have money trouble at home but please don't put your health at risk, there are other ways of dealing with the situation and Bristol will be able to help you out once you're at uni.

No friends, why on earth would you think that? :jumphug: Its natural to be worried but you're a lovely person and you really cheered me up on Thursday, you're going to make plenty of friends and they will be lucky to have you :smile:

I doubt you've done anything to annoy your bf either, i reckon he's just as worried about you leaving or it might be something that has nothing to do with you at all? Us guys aren't always the best at opening up, well worth talking to him and find out whats up. Considering you've been together for over 2 years i'm confident you guys could make an LDR work :h:

Thank you so much, I am sitting here in floods of tears because you've all been so nice and understanding. :hugs: :cry2:

I cant do anything about work, the place where I work nights is owned by my boyfriends mum (and yes me and him work the same shifts :redface:) and the only reason im there is because they had no one else to work nights with him and she needs someone she can trust as its alot of cash in hand (an off license/confectionary where no money/till system is computerised....) and on mondays I work in a pottery during the day which is fine.

I guess Im worried about friends becuase i dont really like myself, so how can people like me? God I sound so... crap!

Gonna pop in the bath and see if that helps, CFS gives you crappy aches and pains and my legs are killing me.

Love u guys! x
Reply 1063
Original post by Kidms001
...some tutoring of little people for their maths...

You can imagine why I've picked this out :colone:

Group Theory and Roots of Unity? :colone:
Original post by Pheebs1201
You are just the loveliest :h:

I have tried talking to him but to no avail. We'll just have to wait and see, the juries out on this one folks.

No extended family but will check up on uni's poilcy, thanks so much xx

No, you're just the loveliest :h: .. You just need a few people to tell you that. making friends for someone like you will come naturally. No need to worry at all! :h:

Are you off to Bristol? A quick search bought up this page: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/prospectus/undergraduate/2012/moneymatters/uk-bristolhelp.html .. There's a bit on hardship funds towards the bottom, but maybe a more thorough look around the website will yield more information. If in doubt, just call up the finance office and they'll answer any questions for you :smile:
They're the big ones alright :sexface: .. Mine doesn't happen to be the biggest out there though :ahee:

Ahhh, are you getting clothes as well? My wardrobe is pretty much sorted (and it consists of very little) as I can get by on 5-7 t-shirts/polo shirts/shirts and 2 pairs of jeans :rofl: - Obviously, I'm very fashion conscious :teehee:

Your list is very long too :lolwut: .. And I see you've started buying food :sexface: .. Good idea actually! And stationary! (sooo much more to buy :emo:)

£512 :zomg: .. You deserve every penny of it :lovehug: .. Don't spend it all on comics and sweets now :ahee: (or have we grown past that stage? :curious:)

Sounds like a packed week :wink: .. I've got little planned. Gotta sort out bank account tomorrow, got dentist and some tutoring of little people for their maths and then probably more shopping Thursday. What date does your uni start? :cool:

:ahee: You'd have to show me it :colone:
Erm..ill be getting a few clothes but not too many :ahee: Apparently my wardrobe is full..its never too full :sexface:

:yep: I've asked my mum to buy me multivitamins aswell just incase i become malnourished :ahee:

ahaa! I do deserve it! I swear i work too much :colone: I'm getting better at saving i think. I dont understand bank accounts :colondollar: They all look the same when i compare them :tongue:
Sounds like a good week :smile: I move in on the 17th and it starts on the 26th :smile: Yours? :sexface:
Well as some of you may or may not know I suffer from CFS... and at the moment its getting worse and Im worried it might stop me from getting to university this year. I currently work 4 days a week (1 day, 3 evenings 4-11) and its absolutely killing me, i'm exhausted, but I need the money for uni (loan doesnt even cover my accommodation) and my parents have been having problems so ive been giving them a bit of my wages too to make ends meet. My home situation is quite stressful. My boyfriend suddenly seems infuriated by very presence, everything I say he snaps at or flys off the handle. Hes constantly irritated and doesnt seem to want to see me. We've been together 2.5 years and im terrified about whats going to happen when I go to univerisity. Im worried when (if) i get there I'll make no friends and be lonely. :cry2:

Oh no :hugs: :cry2: Don't let uni start worrying you now :hugs: if anything, everything will work out I promise :hugs:
Original post by dknt
You can imagine why I've picked this out :colone:

Group Theory and Roots of Unity? :colone:

You have no idea how tricky it is to get back to KS2 maths :facepalm: .. I'm sitting there teaching them complex methods to understanding sequences, multiply and divide by fractions, quick ways to cross-multiply and equate fractions etc, and they're sitting there talking about how they use the box method to multiply out big numbers :facepalm:
:yep: And with my savings i should be fine :colone: ...should be :sexface:

Should be? Should be? Unless you're going out 7 nights a week you should be more than fine :tongue:

Haven't really thought about budgetting yet. I have no idea what accomodation i'll end up in so its rather pointless trying to do so atm as the costs vary so much :colondollar:

How bigs the savings fund atm? :sexface:
You have no idea how tricky it is to get back to KS2 maths :facepalm: .. I'm sitting there teaching them complex methods to understanding sequences, multiply and divide by fractions, quick ways to cross-multiply and equate fractions etc, and they're sitting there talking about how they use the box method to multiply out big numbers :facepalm:

:rofl: It irritates me when my sister can't do simple maths!
Reply 1070

My calculator has essentially ruined my arithmetic skills.

"So how do you multiply 2 big numbers together?"

Me: "Ummm, I dunno... put it in my calculator?"
Reply 1071
Original post by Samus2

I got a D in the exam somehow :frown:

What did you get in AS? :console:
Original post by sr90
Should be? Should be? Unless you're going out 7 nights a week you should be more than fine :tongue:

Haven't really thought about budgetting yet. I have no idea what accomodation i'll end up in so its rather pointless trying to do so atm as the costs vary so much :colondollar:

How bigs the savings fund atm? :sexface:

aha! Yeah im not a big drinker, so i will be fine :biggrin:
Yeah i need to learn to budget! My accommodation is £115 a week :shock:
Well it was £700 until i spent £87 on books today, but i get paid friday so ill have about £1100 :ahee:
You need to get onto the TSR group on facebook :sexface:
Reply 1073

You should teach them about complex numbers. :sexface:
:ahee: You'd have to show me it :colone:
Erm..ill be getting a few clothes but not too many :ahee: Apparently my wardrobe is full..its never too full :sexface:

:yep: I've asked my mum to buy me multivitamins aswell just incase i become malnourished :ahee:

ahaa! I do deserve it! I swear i work too much :colone: I'm getting better at saving i think. I dont understand bank accounts :colondollar: They all look the same when i compare them :tongue:
Sounds like a good week :smile: I move in on the 17th and it starts on the 26th :smile: Yours? :sexface:

Ahh, lucky, I don't move in till the 1st and we start on the 3rd of October (no traditional freshers week). I'll be so envious while you're there and I will be looking to an update whenever you make it on :colone:

Vitamins are another good idea :holmes: .. Shame I already have some and never take them :rofl: .. S'pose it won't be any different at uni :colone:

I know people who have two different wardrobes with '000s of items in them - 1 summer and 1 winter. The only difference for me is that my jeans move to the bottom and shorts move to the top :colondollar:

Everyone on here is going for Lloyds bank account while I'm going for Santander. Speak to your parents about it though. Normally one of them is good with this stuff :wink:
Reply 1075
Thank you so much, I am sitting here in floods of tears because you've all been so nice and understanding. :hugs: :cry2:

I cant do anything about work, the place where I work nights is owned by my boyfriends mum (and yes me and him work the same shifts :redface:) and the only reason im there is because they had no one else to work nights with him and she needs someone she can trust as its alot of cash in hand (an off license/confectionary where no money/till system is computerised....) and on mondays I work in a pottery during the day which is fine.

I guess Im worried about friends becuase i dont really like myself, so how can people like me? God I sound so... crap!

Gonna pop in the bath and see if that helps, CFS gives you crappy aches and pains and my legs are killing me.

Love u guys! x

you are so lovely :hugs: everyone will be lucky to have you as a friend
:rofl: It irritates me when my sister can't do simple maths!

+rep :rofl: .. Young children have trouble reading the question too :sexface: .. 'Make a 3 digit number where each number is odd and adds to make 7' .. Answer '223' :facepalm:

Original post by dknt
My calculator has essentially ruined my arithmetic skills.

"So how do you multiply 2 big numbers together?"

Me: "Ummm, I dunno... put it in my calculator?"

Same :colone: .. My times tables have gone as well :lol:

Original post by Groat
You should teach them about complex numbers. :sexface:

Oh I wish :sexface: .. Something tells me I wouldn't be in the job anymore if I did :awesome:
Reply 1077
Original post by Groat
What did you get in AS? :console:

A C, two marks off a B... came out with a C :frown:
Reply 1078
No, you're just the loveliest :h: .. You just need a few people to tell you that. making friends for someone like you will come naturally. No need to worry at all! :h:

Are you off to Bristol? A quick search bought up this page: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/prospectus/undergraduate/2012/moneymatters/uk-bristolhelp.html .. There's a bit on hardship funds towards the bottom, but maybe a more thorough look around the website will yield more information. If in doubt, just call up the finance office and they'll answer any questions for you :smile:

I am and how lovely of you to go to the effort to look that up, that made me feel much better, thank you. :hugs:

Original post by cpdavis
Oh no :hugs: :cry2: Don't let uni start worrying you now :hugs: if anything, everything will work out I promise :hugs:

:hugs: :lovehug:
Reply 1079
Original post by Samus2
you are so lovely :hugs: everyone will be lucky to have you as a friend

Literally making me blub like a baby
thank you for being so kind
:hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest