The Student Room Group

TSR Class Of 2011 Society MK1

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
Original post by Kidms001
+rep :rofl: .. Young children have trouble reading the question too :sexface: .. 'Make a 3 digit number where each number is odd and adds to make 7' .. Answer '223' :facepalm:

That's not trouble reading... that's just deciding to answer your own made up question you've put in place of the original.

I've done that many times :colonhash:

Accidently mainly :emo:
Reply 1081
+rep :rofl: .. Young children have trouble reading the question too :sexface: .. 'Make a 3 digit number where each number is odd and adds to make 7' .. Answer '223' :facepalm:

Oh I wish :sexface: .. Something tells me I wouldn't be in the job anymore if I did :awesome:

133, 313, 331, 115, 151, 511. :sexface:

Well if you ever get onto surds, you could throw them in a little treat of 1=i \sqrt{-1} = i . I certainly enjoyed it when my Maths teacher goes off onto a tangent into FP3 etc. :colondollar:
Ahh, lucky, I don't move in till the 1st and we start on the 3rd of October (no traditional freshers week). I'll be so envious while you're there and I will be looking to an update whenever you make it on :colone:

Vitamins are another good idea :holmes: .. Shame I already have some and never take them :rofl: .. S'pose it won't be any different at uni :colone:

I know people who have two different wardrobes with '000s of items in them - 1 summer and 1 winter. The only difference for me is that my jeans move to the bottom and shorts move to the top :colondollar:

Everyone on here is going for Lloyds bank account while I'm going for Santander. Speak to your parents about it though. Normally one of them is good with this stuff :wink:

Thats quite late isnt it :tongue: Ill keep you updated :ahee:
Aha, yeah my wardrobe isn't that big :wink: Hmm, ill have to talk to my dad about it tomorrow when i get home from work! :ahee:
Original post by casiogeek
aha! Yeah im not a big drinker, so i will be fine :biggrin:
Yeah i need to learn to budget! My accommodation is £115 a week :shock:
Well it was £700 until i spent £87 on books today, but i get paid friday so ill have about £1100 :ahee:
You need to get onto the TSR group on facebook :sexface:

I would have joined weeks ago but my accounts deactivated at the moment, its quite a complicated story (really bad break up and most people took her side - never ask out someone from your friendship group people) so i'd basically have to make a new FB to move on as it were. I'll sort it all out eventually..

At least theres no risk of you spending a fortune in Freshers then :tongue: To have over a grand saved up is really impressive! Since i'm doing History i dread to think how much i'll have to spend on books over the year.. :zomg:
Reply 1084
Original post by Pheebs1201
Literally making me blub like a baby
thank you for being so kind
:hugs:

if you want to chat, find me on fbc x
Reply 1085
Original post by Samus2
if you want to chat, find me on fbc x

:h: i'll remember that :hugs:

Same :colone: .. My times tables have gone as well :lol:

Oh I wish :sexface: .. Something tells me I wouldn't be in the job anymore if I did :awesome:

:yep: 'Whats 15 + 0? ' little sister goes 'erm 24' ... :rant:
Reply 1087
Original post by Groat

Well if you ever get onto surds, you could throw them in a little treat of 1=i \sqrt{-1} = i . I certainly enjoyed it when my Maths teacher goes off onto a tangent into FP3 etc. :colondollar:

Why stop there? :sexface:

15= ? \sqrt[5]{1} = \ ? And tell them there are 4 hidden, non trivial solutions :colone:
Forget the Adam and Marsha who buy 6 oranges and 4 apples and what to divide them equally among them. :colone:
I am and how lovely of you to go to the effort to look that up, that made me feel much better, thank you. :hugs:

It was really the least I could do. We're always here for you now (it's like we're family :tongue:) and all of us will happily help you with any problems you have.
hey everyone :smile: !
Reply 1090
:yep: 'Whats 15 + 0? ' little sister goes 'erm 24' ... :rant:

That's fairly clever. :colone: 0 is almost like 10, but there is 1 missing, hence 0=9 and 15+9=24 :colone:
Original post by Groat

Oh my god I remember surds from GCSE maths! Well when I say remember, I remember the name. That's about it. Can't believe its been 2 years since I stopped studying maths :awesome:
Reply 1092
Original post by dknt
Why stop there? :sexface:

15= ? \sqrt[5]{1} = \ ? And tell them there are 4 hidden, non trivial solutions :colone:
Forget the Adam and Marsha who buy 6 oranges and 4 apples and what to divide them equally among them. :colone:

Don't you mean Dipak and Sandeep. :sexface:
Reply 1093
It was really the least I could do. We're always here for you now (it's like we're family :tongue:) and all of us will happily help you with any problems you have.

Made me think of the song we are family do do doo... :biggrin:

Wish I'd choosen Warwick now :wink:
Thank you so much, I am sitting here in floods of tears because you've all been so nice and understanding. :hugs: :cry2:

I cant do anything about work, the place where I work nights is owned by my boyfriends mum (and yes me and him work the same shifts :redface:) and the only reason im there is because they had no one else to work nights with him and she needs someone she can trust as its alot of cash in hand (an off license/confectionary where no money/till system is computerised....) and on mondays I work in a pottery during the day which is fine.

I guess Im worried about friends becuase i dont really like myself, so how can people like me? God I sound so... crap!

Gonna pop in the bath and see if that helps, CFS gives you crappy aches and pains and my legs are killing me.

Love u guys! x

:jumphug:

We're often our own worst critic, we see things in ourself that nobody else does. I definitely feel that way sometimes, as in ''how the hell could anyone like me?'' and then it passes, i think a lot of us do on occasion. You've got nothing to worry about, anyone who knows you should consider themself lucky and you'll make plenty of friends when you get to Bristol :smile:

Thats a good idea, a nice relaxing bath will do wonders :smile:
Reply 1095
Original post by Groat
Don't you mean Dipak and Sandeep. :sexface:

:rofl:

Oh the names they come up with in exams to make them not seem racist. :rofl:
Original post by sr90
I would have joined weeks ago but my accounts deactivated at the moment, its quite a complicated story (really bad break up and most people took her side - never ask out someone from your friendship group people) so i'd basically have to make a new FB to move on as it were. I'll sort it all out eventually..

At least theres no risk of you spending a fortune in Freshers then :tongue: To have over a grand saved up is really impressive! Since i'm doing History i dread to think how much i'll have to spend on books over the year.. :zomg:

Oh right :hugs: All the guys at my school are generally quite horrible to me or about me behind my back :emo:
There's some alright guys though :ahee:

Yeah aha! Im quite sensible...sometimes :biggrin: I just spent £87 on books :shock:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dknt
That's not trouble reading... that's just deciding to answer your own made up question you've put in place of the original.

I've done that many times :colonhash:

Accidently mainly :emo:

Of course! :holmes: .. Fancy signing a petition to send off to the exam board to allow that as an acceptable explanation? :sexface:

Original post by Groat

Surds? They wont've ever heard of that! :rofl: .. Can you think of an easier way to slip it in? I dunno, through working out the change from a £20 note for an item that costs £12.39? :colone:

Thats quite late isnt it :tongue: Ill keep you updated :ahee:
Aha, yeah my wardrobe isn't that big :wink: Hmm, ill have to talk to my dad about it tomorrow when i get home from work! :ahee:

Haha! I'm sure your Dad would be so pleased when he's added goodness knows how much to his credit card :ahee:

Yeah it's late. But others don't start till the 1st, so it'll be a mini party on here while you're partying out there :sexface:
Original post by dknt

Politically correct exam papers are always funny :lol:

''Bob, Fred and Iqbal''
Reply 1099
Original post by dknt

I know, you have to laugh. I've only ever laughed in an external exam twice: once because of the names they chose, and then once because of how ridiculous the Food and Nutrition question was.

The question gave three cereals with some nutritional data, and then it said which would be the healthiest option for a child: Shredded Wheat, Coco Pops or Crunchy Nut Clusters.

:sexface:

Quick Reply

Latest