The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Biology?

was just wondering, if you want to do pharmacy/pharmacology or immunology, do you need advanced higher biology, or is it okay just to do advanced higher chemistry? :confused:
Original post by backtothestart.

Original post by backtothestart.
was just wondering, if you want to do pharmacy/pharmacology or immunology, do you need advanced higher biology, or is it okay just to do advanced higher chemistry? :confused:

Depends where you want to do it, why don't you ring up the universities you are interested in or better yet come to some of the open days which are happening (you'll get first-hand information from lecturers and admissions staff) :smile:
Reply 2
You don't really need any Advanced Highers if you're applying to Scottish unis as they will base your offer on your Highers. However, AH Chem and/or AH Biology would be very useful for when you are doing the degree as it will make things a bit easier. :smile:
Reply 3
I don't have any experience of pharmacy but I would say that advanced chemistry would help you a lot more. However, having two adv highers will make you stand out, and it also shows that you are a hard worker and so even though you wouldn't use biology as much, it will still help your chances :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ellynmaisie

Original post by ellynmaisie
I don't have any experience of pharmacy but I would say that advanced chemistry would help you a lot more. However, having two adv highers will make you stand out, and it also shows that you are a hard worker and so even though you wouldn't use biology as much, it will still help your chances :smile:

That is pure true chemistry is the king in pharmacy and AH chemistry knowledge will be more useful to you overall than AH biology.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending