The Student Room Group

Yet another 'help me' thread :P

As the title says I am asking for help, well advice but helpful advice.

I got ABBCC in my exams in English, Geography, Business Management, Chemistry and Maths respectively.

So this year I am doing AH English AH Geography and higher computing but I'm wondering if it would be wiser to take more highers instead of advanced highers to get into uni ? or should I stick with my current subjects ?

I'm currently swaying towards dropping Geography for either 1 or 2 more highers and keeping the english ?

Any thoughts or advice on my situation would be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Depends what your applying for?

Scottish Uni's tend not to give a damn about advacned highers..
Original post by Lewis13

Original post by Lewis13
As the title says I am asking for help, well advice but helpful advice.

I got ABBCC in my exams in English, Geography, Business Management, Chemistry and Maths respectively.

So this year I am doing AH English AH Geography and higher computing but I'm wondering if it would be wiser to take more highers instead of advanced highers to get into uni ? or should I stick with my current subjects ?

I'm currently swaying towards dropping Geography for either 1 or 2 more highers and keeping the english ?

Any thoughts or advice on my situation would be much appreciated :smile:

What subject are you applying for? If it's anything mathematical or scientific (other than Geography) I'd suggest you re-sit Maths or take a subject like Higher Physics :smile: If it's an arts subject, I'd say stick with AH English (shows you can commit to that level of study, and make sure you get a good prediction!) and maybe pick up a couple of subjects like History, Psychology or Modern Studies!

Inlineadam is right, I doubt Scottish universities will bother with Advanced Higher courses, and if you end up with a conditional it's preferable to have it in 2 or 3 Higher subjects than in Advanced Highers (I believe Geography has a project and a dissertation with its AH course?)

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending