The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Any Lincoln'ers heard anything about accommodation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I still haven't heard anything :frown: Keep running to the letterbox every morning only to be disappointed! Hurrrrrrry uuuuuup! :tongue:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 21
I did last week, you should have one by now I think.
I'm Studying criminology aswell. I just got my enrolment pack but no mention of accommodation.
I puts Pavillions as my first choice and i really hope i get it. I have a friend who also applied for pavs and has already paid her deposit but two others that like me have heard nothing and not even received their enrolment packs.
However i called the accommodation office and the said not to worry and it can take up to two weeks to get your "home from home" pack so i'm just gonna stop freaking and be patient.
Reply 23
I got an unconditional to study Law but only sent my accommodation off in July for student village, heard nothing yet but have received enrolment pack. Also some unis you have to put down a deposit for rooms, presume you don't here?
Reply 24
Original post by Obliviouswonder

Original post by Obliviouswonder
I'm Studying criminology aswell. I just got my enrolment pack but no mention of accommodation.
I puts Pavillions as my first choice and i really hope i get it. I have a friend who also applied for pavs and has already paid her deposit but two others that like me have heard nothing and not even received their enrolment packs.
However i called the accommodation office and the said not to worry and it can take up to two weeks to get your "home from home" pack so i'm just gonna stop freaking and be patient.

TWO WEEKS???
Wowzers, so what will be the point of the whole deposit thing or will we be getting the rooms of the students who couldn't/haven't paid theirs.
Either way, I'm nervous about it. I don't want to stay off campus.

GO CRIMINOLOGY!! :biggrin:
Reply 25
I just don't fancy house sharing, it can be quite stressful and difficult, i would much rather do halls where i'd have my own space and i'm not angry at people cos the cleaning rota is being ignored lol

if i dont get anything tomorrow i might give them a call again, i'm quite impatient unfortunately!
Reply 26
YAY! other homeless people!! well.... maybe not *yay* but sooo glad im not the only one!! I got my enrolment pack sometime earlier in the week but it had nothing about accommodation in it (which my friend thought it meant i didnt get into student village) and im STILL waiting for stuff about accommodation!!

I called them thursday, and they said it was being 'processed' and i also didnt apply until august since lincoln was my insurence so i didnt bother with sorting stuff out for it!!!
(¬_¬ darn it)
and i have an unconditional for Forensic Science :P
Reply 27
Oh good (well not good) I'm not the only one who hasn't heard anything about accommodation...

Today being a bank holiday I guess no post will come until tomorrow, but I'm getting more worried with everyday I don't get any word from them
Original post by N_Lily

Original post by N_Lily
I found out I'm in Brayford Quays too!
Is anyone here studying: English and Drama?

Im also in Brayford Quay!! Flat 001.
Original post by Sonny_J_D
Oh good (well not good) I'm not the only one who hasn't heard anything about accommodation...

Today being a bank holiday I guess no post will come until tomorrow, but I'm getting more worried with everyday I don't get any word from them

Yeah i haven't heard out either, they said to me that my accommodation will be processed when my placed is confirmed. .......Ermm but my placed is confirmed :s-smilie:
Reply 30
It's all so stressful. With this silly bank holiday, I haven't been able to send back my tenancy agreement so I'm getting on that first thing in the morning and I have to call them to make a payment over the phone. I'm just praying they haven't gone and given my room to somebody else -_-

(Criminology, The Pavillions fyi)
Reply 31
Im in Brayford Quays, but im in flat 44 :smile:
Reply 32
Gahhh, i got a place at Lincoln through clearing and i have my enrolment pack and everything, but i still don't know what kind of accommodation i have! I called them again about half an hour ago and they said they were still processing cleaaring applicants and said they should be done within a couple of days, though they said that a week ago...
Is anyone else still in this position?!
I'm teriffied i won't get accommodation at this rate!
Reply 33
Original post by mantonia
Gahhh, i got a place at Lincoln through clearing and i have my enrolment pack and everything, but i still don't know what kind of accommodation i have! I called them again about half an hour ago and they said they were still processing cleaaring applicants and said they should be done within a couple of days, though they said that a week ago...

In exactly the same position...

Getting very worried.
Reply 34

Same!! They told me that clearing applicants will find out this week :s-smilie:
Reply 35
i found out my accomodation in a seperate letter which was posted same time as my enrolement pack, im paying in 3 seperate payments and had to pay £250 before a certain date so hope iv done it right :/
Reply 36
Original post by agreenacre
i found out my accomodation in a seperate letter which was posted same time as my enrolement pack, im paying in 3 seperate payments and had to pay £250 before a certain date so hope iv done it right :/

Sounds like you did everything right, I did the same :smile:
Reply 37

me... i'm really worried i'll have no where to live =l i was told i'll find out a couple of days after i sent it in it's been two weeks =(
Hopefully all of us who got in through clearing will find out tommorrow or the day after .....They'll might even just stick us all together.
Reply 39
I went through clearing and I got a place in Danesgate house, but I think it depends how long after getting a clearing offer that you applied. I got mine and applied straight away, it should come through soon, don't threat, if not then you can always ring them up and see hows it going :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest