Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sheffield Medicine Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: What UKCAT average did you get? (2012 Entry only)
    <500
    0.59%
    501-600
    2.96%
    601-650
    11.83%
    651-700
    30.77%
    701-730
    23.08%
    731-760
    18.34%
    761-800
    7.10%
    >800
    5.33%

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teddy)
    Well done for the 695 haha i reckon you'll be alright but just make sure you got a back up choice if you see what i mean.

Got any reccomendations for me? Its hard to find a integrated/systems based course that doesn't have such a high ukcat score cut-off.
    Leeds? That's another of my choices
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are sheffield ok with AS module resits??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medimike)
    Are sheffield ok with AS module resits??
    Think they're fine with any resits as long as they're done within the two years of A-Level study. I took around 6 resits (3 AS, 3A2) last year and they never mentioned it
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, does anyone know if Sheffield's 2011 entry offer AAB include an A in chemistry or could you get a B in chemistry? Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aysha92)
    Just wondering, does anyone know if Sheffield's 2011 entry offer AAB include an A in chemistry or could you get a B in chemistry? Thanks
    Hey its an A in chemistry :P ... and I'm really not sure they are still doing AAB offers, are they? :s

.. good luck
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lbavfc)
    Think they're fine with any resits as long as they're done within the two years of A-Level study. I took around 6 resits (3 AS, 3A2) last year and they never mentioned it

Cool cheers, did you declare them on UCAS??
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Godin_D)
    Hey its an A in chemistry :P ... and I'm really not sure they are still doing AAB offers, are they? :s

.. good luck
    Thanks, no the offers this year are now AAA
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to sheffield
    UKCAT - 770 average
    GCSEs - 10A*s, 1A, 2Bs
    My personal statement is alright I think, spent a lot of time worrying about it, but hopefully it's good...maybe I'm just being over-critical :P
    Unfortunately my tutor is not known for writing good references :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cool cheers, did you declare them on UCAS??
    Erm no, I just put what AS grades I had at the end of Year 12
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Great cheers
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pretty certain that Sheffield no longer give AAB offers but rather AAA.

www.entermedicalschool.com/uk
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonkin)
    Pretty certain that Sheffield no longer give AAB offers but rather AAA.

www.entermedicalschool.com/uk
    Yeahh, I didn't think there was anywhere left that still gave AAB offers....
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    GCSE- 9A*s, 1 A
    Alevel results - A*A*A*A
    Work experience- plenty of long term voluntary work and about 2 weeks at a hospital/GP
    UKCAT score - 710 (VR let me down)

on their website it says the UKCAT cut-off i predicted to be in the 700 region so ... what do you guys think of me applying there?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Galaxy99)
    GCSE- 9A*s, 1 A
    Alevel results - A*A*A*A
    Work experience- plenty of long term voluntary work and about 2 weeks at a hospital/GP

on their website it says the UKCAT cut-off i predicted to be in the 700 region so ... what do you guys think of me applying there?

You should be fine mate, as has been said the average will almost certainly go down, they expect slightly below 700 to be the cut off
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    GCSE- 9A*s, 1 A
    Alevel results - A*A*A*A

I personally think it would still be a risk - they don't know what the cutoff will be, because even though they are predicted 700 from the website, they won't know until November. I guess it depends how risky you want to be.

You should be fine mate, as has been said the average will almost certainly go down, they expect slightly below 700 to be the cut off
    Is it slightly below now?

Also, anyone know if Sheffield send acknowledgement emails/letters?
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twelve)
    I personally think it would still be a risk - they don't know what the cutoff will be, because even though they are predicted 700 from the website, they won't know until November. I guess it depends how risky you want to be.

Is it slightly below now?

Also, anyone know if Sheffield send acknowledgement emails/letters?
    They'll send out an email if you receive an interview offer, then after you have confirmed your time & date, they'll send out a big interview info package.

Other than that, you'll receive very few emails from Sheffield unless there is something missing in your application.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    thanks
    did they say that at an Open Day or sth? cause I've tried asking them about it and they're only giving vague answers about the cut-off
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thanks
    did they say that at an Open Day or sth? cause I've tried asking them about it and they're only giving vague answers about the cut-off

Aye, thats basically what they said to me concerning UKCAT cut off when i asked on open day
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aye, thats basically what they said to me concerning UKCAT cut off when i asked on open day
    that's such a relief! thanks so much
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    They'll send out an email if you receive an interview offer, then after you have confirmed your time &amp; date, they'll send out a big interview info package.

Other than that, you'll receive very few emails from Sheffield unless there is something missing in your application.
    Haha, funny you should say that... got up this morning to find an email from Sheffield saying that they have received my application, and it has been forwarded for academic consideration. Although there is something odd - it says 'Choice number: 3' anyone got any idea what that means?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 16, 2012
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.