The Student Room Group

Sheffield Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by twelve
Haha, funny you should say that... got up this morning to find an email from Sheffield saying that they have received my application, and it has been forwarded for academic consideration. Although there is something odd - it says 'Choice number: 3' anyone got any idea what that means?

On your UCAS track, its on the 3rd row. Doesn't really matter, its not ranked by preference or anything. :smile:

I never got that email :frown:
Reply 101
Original post by twelve
Haha, funny you should say that... got up this morning to find an email from Sheffield saying that they have received my application, and it has been forwarded for academic consideration. Although there is something odd - it says 'Choice number: 3' anyone got any idea what that means?

I got one yesterday and mine says choice number 2 but on UCAS form everything is in alphabetical order so Sheffield appears last on my form. Odd
Reply 102
Just thought, it might be the fee code.
Reply 103
Original post by JessBess
I got one yesterday and mine says choice number 2 but on UCAS form everything is in alphabetical order so Sheffield appears last on my form. Odd

Yeahh, I was going to say that - Sheffield is the fourth choice on my form...
Reply 104
Lol don't worry about that. It's not important :smile:
do you guys know if the cut-off is the same for both overseas and home students?
Reply 106
Original post by Dr.Galaxy99
do you guys know if the cut-off is the same for both overseas and home students?

Cutoff for overseas applicants is a lower. ~ 670 last year if I'm not wrong. 717.5 for Home/EU students.
Original post by Vulpes
Cutoff for overseas applicants is a lower. ~ 670 last year if I'm not wrong. 717.5 for Home/EU students.

woww that's quite a low cut-off for Sheffield. anyway, thanks for your help :smile:
Original post by Vulpes

by any chance, do you know what the post-interview success is for Sheffield? i can't find it on the site.
Reply 109
by any chance, do you know what the post-interview success is for Sheffield? i can't find it on the site.

They're increasing the number of interview places this year, thus the predicted UKCAT cutoff drop. Because of this, admission statistics of previous years will be inaccurate for this years entry.
Original post by Vulpes
They're increasing the number of interview places this year, thus the predicted UKCAT cutoff drop. Because of this, admission statistics of previous years will be inaccurate for this years entry.

i seee ... but just as a guideline, do you know last year's?
Reply 111
i seee ... but just as a guideline, do you know last year's?

There was a table published somewhere but I left it at home... :facepalm: I can confirm that 7/10 people in my interview group received offers and the other 3 just disappeared somewhere... Haven't heard from them since the interview.

Don't quote me on this but I think in general it was 6/10 after interview last year and it was ~10 applicants per place.
Original post by Vulpes
There was a table published somewhere but I left it at home... :facepalm: I can confirm that 7/10 people in my interview group received offers and the other 3 just disappeared somewhere... Haven't heard from them since the interview.

Don't quote me on this but I think in general it was 6/10 after interview last year and it was ~10 applicants per place.

ok thanks :smile: it's really worrying that they don't have any stats on the website! i'm an international applicant and they only have 18 places :frown:
Reply 113
ok thanks :smile: it's really worrying that they don't have any stats on the website! i'm an international applicant and they only have 18 places :frown:

YAYY DITTO! Well, I was an international applicant :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Nothing to be afraid about!
Reply 114
Just got my acknowledgement from Sheffield. :smile:
Reply 115

Hey
I am intl too: Canadian :biggrin:
Original post by Vulpes
YAYY DITTO! Well, I was an international applicant :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Nothing to be afraid about!

that's awesome! you got an offer!

i'm so sorry for all these questions :colondollar: but do you know how many overseas applicants they interviewed or how many offers they gave out?

i just don't want to apply to a uni with a very low post-interview success rate. like Cambridge for example.
Original post by apple17
Hey
I am intl too: Canadian :biggrin:

have you sent your UCAS form yet? I will send mine off in a day or two hopefully :smile:
Reply 118
have you sent your UCAS form yet? I will send mine off in a day or two hopefully :smile:

Sent in 2 days ago.
Got my sheff acknowledgement. Scary stuff. :eek:

GOOD LUCK. :smile:
Original post by apple17
Sent in 2 days ago.
Got my sheff acknowledgement. Scary stuff. :eek:

GOOD LUCK. :smile:

wow really! where did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending