The Student Room Group

Edexcel history as and a2 marks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by student1234567891
Personally i was expecting an A in my AS history exam today but no edexcel decided to reward me with a C. I've received straight As in history all year and this has been a shocker. Lots of my peers have also received these disappointing results also. Is it the examiner or us? Please share your views and any stories of remarks to give us hope!

In exactly the same boat! I got 90/100 for the History paper I did in January and in mocks I've managed Cs by writing just two paragraphs. Came out of the exam (India 1900-1947 btw) feeling really confident and ended up getting 66! As a result I got a B in History when it should have been an easy A. I'm going to get the paper remarked in the hope that it goes up by at least 4 UMS so I can get the A overall :frown:
Reply 21
I was expecting an A in both units, but got a high C in the first and an A in the second, fortunately in the second one I got 100 UMS which meant I got 84UMS average as the first one scored 68UMS.... Still.... irritating when you've put the work in! :mad:
so who is the problem; students, teachers or the examiners?
Reply 23
Just out of curiosity, has anyone who had a remark had any luck so far?
=)
Reply 24
Just found this, I got a C (in the exam, B overall) when all year I've been getting A* standard. My teacher told me in the exam I got 28/30 for the essay question, but 15/40 in the source question which is an E :|. I got into uni so I won't be getting it remarked just because of the hassle, but I think there's definitely something fishy afoot :/ x
Reply 25
Hey, I did History AS this year - Russia and suffragettes - and was certainly expecting an A, so when I got a B I was not a happy cookie. Got 72/100ums (B) in sources and 83/100 (A) in russia, so got my script back for sources and my teacher said it should go up about 5 marks (no idea how that equates to ums). Anyway, handed in the remark just for sources and got it back yesterday - had gone from 72 to 90/100! Not complaining, but that shows a huge discrepancy in the marking and because of that I've decided to get russia remarked too to see if that changes also...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending