The Student Room Group

will it affect my ucas if i send it late

hey i finished my ucas form in november but im still waiting for my referee (head teacher) to add the reference i have mentioned it too him several times but he keeps saying that he will do it when he finds the time. Every1 in my year is in the same boat and the deadline for ucas is next week will it look bad to universities if my application doesnt get sent until VERY close to the deadline :rolleyes:
Reply 1
stephanie01
hey i finished my ucas form in november but im still waiting for my referee (head teacher) to add the reference i have mentioned it too him several times but he keeps saying that he will do it when he finds the time. Every1 in my year is in the same boat and the deadline for ucas is next week will it look bad to universities if my application doesnt get sent until VERY close to the deadline :rolleyes:

If your UCAS form is late, then, if I recall correctly, univerisities do not have to even consider it - simply throw it away! I would, if I were you, seriously hurry up your headteacher!
Reply 2
Jasundie
If your UCAS form is late, then, if I recall correctly, univerisities do not have to even consider it - simply throw it away! I would, if I were you, seriously hurry up your headteacher!

thats only if its sent fater the deadline

if it is sent just before the deadline then the uni's have consider it equal to those applications made way before the deadline
Reply 3
You teacher should know about the deadline, it's his responsibility to get your reference sorted out! See if you can get another referee if this teacher does not finish it soon, because he/she is taking a very unfair stance by missing the deadline!

You only have 6 days left so try and bug him til it's done, as universities won't consider late applications equally after the 15th :frown:. Hope you get it sent off soon!
Reply 4
To be honest, if there are places left (and unless you're applying for something super competitive there probably will be), they'll almost certainly treat your application the same as one received before the deadline. Hey, they lose money if they don't fill that place..

But the later you leave it, the less chance there is that there will be a place. So still get it done ASAP.

Latest