The Student Room Group

Should I drop Applied ICT?

I got my AS results this 18th Aug, and it has been ruined by ICT

Maths (6units) - A*
Chem - A
Phys - A
Further Math - A

Applied ICT - C

My ICT teacher predicted an A (he gave me 85+ on both units 1&2), so a C is really unexpected

So now I have 2 options
1. Repeat ICT this Jan, to improve the result
2. Drop ICT

I really want to go for the 2nd option, since ICT is a soft subject anyways. But do you think it would reflect badly on my application?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks
I would most definitely drop Applied ICT. It seems the marking for the Applied ICT test (which I'm guessing is G041) is shockingly low but because it's a soft subject and you have four cracking grades it wouldn't matter at all if you dropped it.
it isn't a soft subjet, there is tonnes of work involved, especially in A2. was it edexcel? as from what I know I think it was either your unit 3 exam or next years that was ment to be really hard.
Original post by mmn13ps3
I got my AS results this 18th Aug, and it has been ruined by ICT

Maths (6units) - A*
Chem - A
Phys - A
Further Math - A

Applied ICT - C

My ICT teacher predicted an A (he gave me 85+ on both units 1&2), so a C is really unexpected

So now I have 2 options
1. Repeat ICT this Jan, to improve the result
2. Drop ICT

I really want to go for the 2nd option, since ICT is a soft subject anyways. But do you think it would reflect badly on my application?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

It doesn't seem so bad. It looks to me as if you just had some bad exams. Maybe you were not sufficiently prepared for these exams, and second time round you will do much better. I think you should only drop the subject if you feel that you need to spend more time on your other subjects to maintain your grades.
Reply 4
I would drop it, I wish I had never took ICT. I was considering dropping it after my first year but I continued. You have very good grades in the other subjects.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest