The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

University of West London Student Accommodation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by rpark7
Same faw shaw. Ok I'll start properly looking and stuff, anyone else who wants to join... Obvs just ask. Sweet (Y)

Hey everyone in this thread, I'm in the same boat lol.. Is the Paragon halls fully booked out? They actually look decent mannnn, even though its a good 20min walk from the uni lol.

So yeah, I'm a potential flat mate if you guys can find a decent price/location?

p.s. I think I have a female friend in the same situation, so two of us..
(edited 12 years ago)
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
Original post by rpark7
Don't know where I'm going to live. And LOL no way my parentes are going to pay for the s****y Nido place. Looks too nice haha. Why don't they have just normal student halls? Which halls are you talking about when you say ?

I think paragon is the only halls they have...urm i guess renting somewhere for the first year with people from here doesn't seem like a bad idea, whats nido? Hopefully if we don't get paragon accommodation this year there is always next year (that's if i choose to stay :s)...

Original post by Zuex
Hey everyone in this thread, I'm in the same boat lol.. Is the Paragon halls fully booked out? They actually look decent mannnn, even though its a good 20min walk from the uni lol.

So yeah, I'm a potential flat mate if you guys can find a decent price/location?

p.s. I think I have a female friend in the same situation, so two of us..

Great, now we're getting somewhere! I'll be happy to share a flat as well, btw you are all first year's right? I don't want to share with second year's or third year's :tongue:....As long as the price is decent i.e. along the same lines as paragon or less will be great...what price range are you guys ideally going for...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by ,,,,
I think paragon is the only halls they have...urm i guess renting somewhere for the first year with people from here doesn't seem like a bad idea, whats nido? Hopefully if we don't get paragon accommodation this year there is always next year (that's if i choose to stay :s)...

Don't 2nd years generally have to find their own place and can't stay in halls again?

Then in your third year you can, this is how someone explained it to me..?

Original post by ,,,,

Great, now we're getting somewhere! I'll be happy to share a flat as well, btw you are all first year's right? I don't want to share with second year's or third year's :tongue:....As long as the price is decent i.e. along the same lines as paragon or less will be great...what price range are you guys ideally going for...

Yeah me and her are both first years, and I don't know about prices to be honest, the Paragon prices were decent, but they included all utilities and stuff, so something similar with all utilities at around £120 is good..
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Zuex
Don't 2nd years generally have to find their own place and can't stay in halls again?

Then in your third year you can, this is how someone explained it to me..?

Well i thought if you don't get halls in the first year there is always the second year because you didn't get to stay when you were in the first year :s, since my course if a 4 year one i plan to stay at home for the 3rd year placement and then in the 4th year rent again if i can....

Btw are you all female? I'm a male does that affect my chances of renting with you guys?
Reply 64
Original post by ,,,,
Well i thought if you don't get halls in the first year there is always the second year because you didn't get to stay when you were in the first year :s, since my course if a 4 year one i plan to stay at home for the 3rd year placement and then in the 4th year rent again if i can....

Btw are you all female? I'm a male does that affect my chances of renting with you guys?

I'm a male also, and no she wouldn't mind either I guess as long as we all come to mutual agreements with the "house rules" haha. Most places are generally 4 bed room flats right? or 3? If so, I guess you me and her can get one, or if it's 4, someone from the forums who is interested can tag along?
Original post by Zuex
I'm a male also, and no she wouldn't mind either I guess as long as we all come to mutual agreements with the "house rules" haha. Most places are generally 4 bed room flats right? or 3? If so, I guess you me and her can get one, or if it's 4, someone from the forums who is interested can tag along?

Ah great :smile: Firstly i have to check if i can get paragon, if not this is the only option i have, besides commuting..
Reply 66
Original post by ,,,,
Ah great :smile: Firstly i have to check if i can get paragon, if not this is the only option i have, besides commuting..

Same, I would hate to commute.. I phoned up the Paragon place, got through to reception and the lady told me it's full, and there's people in a queue waiting for any available spaces.

When are you looking to phone?
Original post by Zuex
Same, I would hate to commute.. I phoned up the Paragon place, got through to reception and the lady told me it's full, and there's people in a queue waiting for any available spaces.

When are you looking to phone?

I was told to do it on monday...The only thing about commuting is that i would miss out on fresher's week, staying out late etc which is why i want to live at halls :angry:
Reply 68
Original post by ,,,,
I was told to do it on monday...The only thing about commuting is that i would miss out on fresher's week, staying out late etc which is why i want to live at halls :angry:

Me too, the freedom and learning to become almost fully independent, I feel these are part of the whole experience and sort of pointless if you go university and not experience it.. I'll try call Paragon early Monday as well, I HOPE they have space, the facilities look wonderful and the place looks like you can meet loads of other people and crap :smile:

Otherwise, I'm even considering trying to change universitys..
Original post by Zuex
Me too, the freedom and learning to become almost fully independent, I feel these are part of the whole experience and sort of pointless if you go university and not experience it.. I'll try call Paragon early Monday as well, I HOPE they have space, the facilities look wonderful and the place looks like you can meet loads of other people and crap :smile:

Otherwise, I'm even considering trying to change universitys..

I already accepted it on track :frown: (but the uni itself hasn't accepted me on the course yt)....do you know if this can be changed? I am waiting for greenwich but they said until monday....what other options do you have?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 70
Original post by ,,,,
I already accepted it on track :frown: (but the uni itself hasn't accepted me on the course yt)....do you know if this can be changed? I am waiting for greenwich but they said until monday....what other options do you have?

The Uni accepted me on track, so I'm in a bit of a bad situation, IF I change then I need to ask to be released which apparently their not obligated to do so, and try get another spot else where, and I ain't sure, probably outside London? Then there's the chance I cancel my spot and not find a uni at all lol.... Feels like everything's getting harder each day that passes
Original post by Zuex
The Uni accepted me on track, so I'm in a bit of a bad situation, IF I change then I need to ask to be released which apparently their not obligated to do so, and try get another spot else where, and I ain't sure, probably outside London? Then there's the chance I cancel my spot and not find a uni at all lol.... Feels like everything's getting harder each day that passes

Ok you know what, am sticking with this decision, my dad was telling me to do As level again and apply next year...I finally made the decision that I am not going anywhere else but here for the first year at least! If i don't like it then i will transfer to another uni the following year...btw in regards to places just keep phoning them, there will bound to be some people that will drop out, or think about taking A levels or gap years instead....they should have places available!
Reply 72
Original post by ,,,,
Ok you know what, am sticking with this decision, my dad was telling me to do As level again and apply next year...I finally made the decision that I am not going anywhere else but here for the first year at least! If i don't like it then i will transfer to another uni the following year...btw in regards to places just keep phoning them, there will bound to be some people that will drop out, or think about taking A levels or gap years instead....they should have places available!

Going to have to call tomorrow non-stop asking lol, you going to commute then or continue trying?
Original post by Zuex
Going to have to call tomorrow non-stop asking lol, you going to commute then or continue trying?

I will call for the whole week if it will guarantee me a spot in halls! Otherwise renting with whoever wants to be my flatmates! Wbu?
Reply 74
I'm a female but I'm completely up for sharing with you guys, so let me know if Paragon doesn't accept you cos I'll be looking for flats. Will we defs miss out on Freshers Week if we're commuting? That sucks :/

Also, yeah I'm a first year.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by rpark7
I'm a female but I'm completely up for sharing with you guys, so let me know if Paragon doesn't accept you cos I'll be looking for flats. Will we defs miss out on Freshers Week if we're commuting? That sucks :/

Also, yeah I'm a first year.

Well for me, my dad doesn't like the idea of me coming home past 12 o'clock so i will definitely miss fresher's week if i commute....on the other hand if i share a flat or do get halls then there's no problem.

I may possibly go back to do AS level and apply that very year if worse come to worse, only if they accept me that is :s
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 76
Ohhh right haha my bad I don't know why but when you said commute I thought you meant if we lived in a flat as opposed to halls :P

I would have done that (as in redo A levels) but really don't know if it's worth it so I'm going to stay at this uni for at least this year.

I doubt any of us will get Paragon so it's probably better to just find a flat if we can. I'd ideally like to pay about £400 a month but if it's a little bit more expensive then I think I'll have to deal cos London is expensive anyways.
Original post by rpark7
Ohhh right haha my bad I don't know why but when you said commute I thought you meant if we lived in a flat as opposed to halls :P

I would have done that (as in redo A levels) but really don't know if it's worth it so I'm going to stay at this uni for at least this year.

I doubt any of us will get Paragon so it's probably better to just find a flat if we can. I'd ideally like to pay about £400 a month but if it's a little bit more expensive then I think I'll have to deal cos London is expensive anyways.

urm true, my dad wants me to go back to college, i may just get in contact will college to see if i can do AS and go uni that year...i would need to ask uwl to release me from track and need to tell student finance to cancel my loans.
Reply 78
Original post by ,,,,
urm true, my dad wants me to go back to college, i may just get in contact will college to see if i can do AS and go uni that year...i would need to ask uwl to release me from track and need to tell student finance to cancel my loans.

Ah well, good luck with that anyways.

Argh it's so hard finding shared student flats in London -.- They're all studios.? BLEHHHHH
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 79
http://www.homesforstudents.co.uk/student-accommodation-ealing/nice-cosy-house-in-ealing/H10092712555298/2010092712550548192/L

I know this is pretty expensive but I don't know really how much everyone wants to spend and I'm just going to keep posting things on here till I find somewhere properly decent.

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending