The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by {Unregistered}
And yet I haven't received anything at all. :frown:

I am beginning to think that they are sexist. :tongue:

awww I hope they'll get back to you soon :frown: they got back to me really quickly though, I was surprised. how do you think you did in the exercise? did you manage to solve all 6 questions? they told me I got qn 5 right but my proof wasn't rigorous enough, which I knew :tongue: but that's a proof anyway :tongue:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by desy.kris
awww I hope they'll get back to you soon :frown: they got back to me really quickly though, I was surprised. how do you think you did in the exercise? did you manage to solve all 6 questions? they told me I got qn 5 right but my proof wasn't rigorous enough, which I knew :tongue: but that's a proof anyway :tongue:

Yes I solved all the questions with perfect (according to my knowledge) proofs except maybe question 4, the one with patterns. I did that one with simple common sense logic rather than a proper mathematical proof. :s-smilie:

Do they actually give you a full summary of how you did in the exercise?
Original post by Beth1234
Hello there!

I haven't found a thread for those of us who plan to apply for 2012 yet, so I thought I'd create one. It is, of course, still early days yet (though last years applicant thread was created in May...)!

Discuss courses, AS results, pre-application anxiety, conditional offer anxiety, post-exam anxiety, cakes (:rolleyes:) etc.

Below is a list of 2012 Applicants. Please feel free to add yourself to The Stalking Page as well. :smile:

If you want to be on "The List" quote this post with:

Username: [your username]
Subject: [the subject you're applying for]

(If you do change your mind and want to be taken off "The List", let me know!)

2012 List of Applicants for Entry!

Courtesy of arianex, below is a list of 'advisors' who have contributed to the thread in many ways :smile: If you have any questions, just quote or PM them, and I'm sure they'll be happy to help!

List of Active Awesome Advisors!

And finally, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! :biggrin:

ToxicDevil
Biotechnology
Reply 2123
Does any1 know if EU students get their decisions done later cuz we dont normally get interviewd??? im applying for theoertical physics and ive seen some people with offers etc. im going off for an interview at oxford next week nd rly hope i get in bt if i dont imperial would be a good alternative :P so yee any EU students with offers for theoretical phys??
Reply 2124
Any maths offers recently? :s-smilie:

Original post by ToxicDevil
ToxicDevil
Biotechnology

Added :thumbsup: Welcome to the thread!

Don't know why someone negged you - I've +repped you to balance it out :smile:
Reply 2125
Original post by ghilee
now i'm getting nervous :frown:
I know they don't give interviews... but any form of contact to be sure that I am being considered would be nice :frown:

do you know if other biology offers/rejections were made?

I only know that my friend hasn't heard anything for Biochem yet, sorry...but don't worry! :smile:
Original post by Ryan416
I've had an offer for Biology. I am studying for the IB diploma, my offer is 38 with 6s in higher level chemistry and biology :wink:

Do they interview biology for sure?
Original post by Student666
Do they interview biology for sure?

Don't think they do
Original post by {Unregistered}
Yes I solved all the questions with perfect (according to my knowledge) proofs except maybe question 4, the one with patterns. I did that one with simple common sense logic rather than a proper mathematical proof. :s-smilie:

Do they actually give you a full summary of how you did in the exercise?

mmmk... no, actually I requested for some general feedback and specifically asked about question 5 and that's it. so they said I did very well and got qn 5 right although the proof wasn't rigorous. I'm quite sure I got the other questions right so I didn't ask :tongue:
Got an offer for Msci Physics last night! Track updated really late... I fell asleep, woke up, then decided to check my emails for some reason on my phone.
Reply 2130
Has anyone recieved a maths offer?

OR attending the open day today. I'm getting super nervous. So many people have offers :s-smilie:
Original post by saey

OR attending the open day today. I'm getting super nervous. So many people have offers :s-smilie:

I have one for Maths&CS. have fun at the open day! good luck with the wait! :smile:
Reply 2132
Anyone applied to Materials and didn't had an interview yet?
People with chem offers from Imperial, what time did your offers come through?
Original post by saey

Yeah, i went, just got back. Were you meant to sign yourself off somewhere? I came a bit late and just went straight into the lecture hall
Reply 2135
Original post by Mike93L
Got an offer for Msci Physics last night! Track updated really late... I fell asleep, woke up, then decided to check my emails for some reason on my phone.

Could I ask when you applied please?
Original post by thom123
Could I ask when you applied please?

I sent off UCAS on 10th Oct and got an interview around the end of October with two weeks notice.

Original post by alvaro1994
do you know whats the likelihood of getting an offer once you have an interview?? cause i have an interview next thursday :smile: how was yours? what kind of questions did they ask?

I'm not sure, at the interview they said they interview around half of applicants and it was around 2.5-3 interviewees per place. Obviously they give out more offers than there are places but how many more I don't know. My day was quite enjoyable and the interview itself was very short (less than 20min). I don't think I'm allowed to tell you anything specific but I was asked to work through a problem which involved maths and physics.
Original post by ChemAddict
Don't think they do

Super!
Reply 2138
Original post by Mike93L
I sent off UCAS on 10th Oct and got an interview around the end of October with two weeks notice.

Better write that off then as I applied 13 Oct and not got interview.:mad: Already got A* maths and predicted A* FM A Phy and A Chem - might get all A* and re apply next year!

I'm not sure, at the interview they said they interview around half of applicants and it was around 2.5-3 interviewees per place. Obviously they give out more offers than there are places but how many more I don't know. My day was quite enjoyable and the interview itself was very short (less than 20min). I don't think I'm allowed to tell you anything specific but I was asked to work through a problem which involved maths and physics.

I`d better write it off then. Applied similar time and no interview. Got A* maths and predicted A* FM A Physics and A Chem just have to get 4 x A* and re-apply next year:colone:
Original post by thom123
I`d better write it off then. Applied similar time and no interview. Got A* maths and predicted A* FM A Physics and A Chem just have to get 4 x A* and re-apply next year:colone:

Dont write it off. They interview until 16th Dec and then again from late Jan so there's still plenty of time. I'm doing exactly the same A levels as you too.

Latest

Trending

Trending