The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dark-Myth
Nice one. You most probably will. It's not about getting it right, it's about how you communicated yourself. If you did that part well, which I'm sure you did, then you'll get an offer :smile:

I think I did as I was telling him how I was doing my questions and in the end he was happy with me :smile:.. however he didn't ask my anything else like why EEE or why imperial.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
I just got an email from UCAS Track... it's the University of Birmingham requesting for my O-Level certificates.

Bummer. X(
Guess I'll most probably be firming Imperial now.

I think it's weird that the Computing department sends out offers so early (I got mine for JMC in early December) but the other Engineering departments are so slow.

Oh well, how do I join the Imperial Freshers Group on Facebook? Someone will have to approve my request to join I assume...?
Had a JMC interview on 14th March, answered the typical questions but manage to freeze up due to nerves on the easy question and needed hints, managed to get the hard question though. Dang nervousness! :crazy:
Reply 3084
Original post by Beth1234
Finally got round to adding you to the list! :thumbsup: Can I congratulate you on an offer or are you still waiting? :smile:

Added :thumbsup: Congratulations on your offer! Will Imperial be your firm?

Notice how the Physics list is now rivalling the list of mathemagicians... Where's all the maths people gone... :confused:

Thank you! Yes Imperial will be my firm. I'll have either Southampton or Birmingham as my insurance choice. It's nice to see a lot of fellow Physicists around.
Hi all!
For those who have had an offer:
Do they ask you to send your original transcripts? I lost the papers and so in case I have to return to my university (far from my city) to get a copy... And when does one have to provide them by? September enrollment or soon after receiving a conditional offer?
Thanks!
Original post by {Unregistered}
Guess I'll most probably be firming Imperial now.

I think it's weird that the Computing department sends out offers so early (I got mine for JMC in early December) but the other Engineering departments are so slow.

Oh well, how do I join the Imperial Freshers Group on Facebook? Someone will have to approve my request to join I assume...?

I applied for AI so thats the computing department, and all I got was a maths test. I haven't heard from them, since.... Worreid =[
Original post by Wanted
Had a JMC interview on 14th March, answered the typical questions but manage to freeze up due to nerves on the easy question and needed hints, managed to get the hard question though. Dang nervousness! :crazy:

umm what kind of interview is it that you'd need hints? I mean, don't they just talk about you and why you wanna join?
Original post by johnconnor92
I just got an email from UCAS Track... it's the University of Birmingham requesting for my O-Level certificates.

Bummer. X(

O-Levels? Are you from the sixties?
Original post by jmenkus

According to Edexcel's website they still existed before being replaced by IGCSE's in 2009.
Original post by Edwin Okli
According to Edexcel's website they still existed before being replaced by IGCSE's in 2009.

:K: The more you know...
Original post by angelicsuccubus
I applied for AI so thats the computing department, and all I got was a maths test. I haven't heard from them, since.... Worreid =[

I was at first thinking of applying to AI too but then I applied for JMC.

I actually applied back in mid-October and received the admissions exercise in mid-November which I subsequently returned a week later, and got the offer in the second week of December.

When did you send off your application?

And did you get any kind of document along with or before the test, saying that "it is clear from your application that you are a strong candidate and would flourish in our department"?
Original post by {Unregistered}
I was at first thinking of applying to AI too but then I applied for JMC.

I actually applied back in mid-October and received the admissions exercise in mid-November which I subsequently returned a week later, and got the offer in the second week of December.

When did you send off your application?

And did you get any kind of document along with or before the test, saying that "it is clear from your application that you are a strong candidate and would flourish in our department"?

Ooh I applied in mid-jan and received the admissions exercise in mid-feb, sent the exercise back in a week and haven't heard since.

And yeh! I got the letter saying the same stuff exactly.

What do you think's gonna happen? I don't even know if my answers were right or if we got the same exercise..
Original post by Edwin Okli

Lol Everyone doesn't do Edexcel you know? CIE still has O levels and some schools in certain countries still do O levels.
Original post by jmenkus

Dude. I'm an international. Don't jump to conclusions (though I do listen to songs from the 50s)!
Original post by angelicsuccubus
Lol Everyone doesn't do Edexcel you know? CIE still has O levels and some schools in certain countries still do O levels.

I know, I'm just.. familiar with Edexcel as an international exam board.
is there a date as to when the last week of interviews are held for civil engineering?
Whats the deadline for uni's to get back to you?
Original post by Beth1234

Can add me to the list now.. just got an offer for EEE A*AA :biggrin:.. over the moon at the moment :biggrin:
Original post by singh224
Can add me to the list now.. just got an offer for EEE A*AA :biggrin:.. over the moon at the moment :biggrin:

Good for you!! What were your predicted grades?
Original post by tosby4real
Good for you!! What were your predicted grades?

lol AAB and for AS i got BCCD :colondollar:

but that BCCD was due to health problems

Latest

Trending

Trending