Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official Imperial Applicants Thread (2012 Entry)

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vedderfan94)
    So on Wednesday I'm having a campus tour of Imperial College because I never got the chance to look around when I went for my interview (I was late ).

The tour lasts an hour and my train isn't until half past six so I was wondering what else I should do whilst I'm in South Kensington? What particular attractions should I see? I'll have around 4 hours of free time whilst I'm there, so I figured I'll get something to eat and then explore
    I don't know London too well, but if it's sunny you could go to Hyde Park (5 minutes away from the South Kensington Campus.) The Science Museum is also really close to the campus. You could also get the tube and go to Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, Houses of Parliament, Oxford St. etc. I don't think it takes that long on the tube; and there'll be plenty of places there where you can grab something to eat

Did anyone else get an invite to the Imperial Festival? It looks pretty good :yep:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    So on Wednesday I'm having a campus tour of Imperial College because I never got the chance to look around when I went for my interview (I was late ).

The tour lasts an hour and my train isn't until half past six so I was wondering what else I should do whilst I'm in South Kensington? What particular attractions should I see? I'll have around 4 hours of free time whilst I'm there, so I figured I'll get something to eat and then explore
    Right next to Imperial college you have the V&A museum, the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum. You have also got Hyde Park only a few minutes away. There are loads of places in the area to get food. You won't find it hard to kill 4 hours. .
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplesparks14)
    Heyy! Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I sorted it out with Sheffield. It's sort of possible, and apparently it actually happens with their students- leaving to Cambridge/ Imperial. Ah I see how Imperial works then. Do you have a clue on whether it's easy/hard to get in to the MSci course? Of course, nothing in Imperial is easy. But statistically speaking, perhaps?

I don't mind studying at either unis, it's just that an Imperial degree goes THAT much further in looking for jobs.

And Well, converting currencies and all, I FEEL like I might slowly go bankrupt and die in London hehe. Just in case, so I'm exploring all options.

THANKS THOUGH.
    Glad I've helped. As for stats:
    http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/planning/...legestatistics

9.2 applicants per place for Postgrad for 2010 entry.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    mfw I had a campus tour and I was the only english person out of about 17 people...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    mfw I had a campus tour and I was the only english person out of about 17 people...
    welcome to London xD
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

(Original post by kaosu_souzousha)
    welcome to London xD
    If you're the only English person. Ditto the above^

If you're the only white person. Welcome to Imperial. :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know this is rather late but... has anyone STILL not heard anything for maths at Imperial?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erin_Smith)
    I know this is rather late but... has anyone STILL not heard anything for maths at Imperial?
    i am not applying for math .. i am applying at environmental engineering ... and i still did not hear anything form them .. and i really don't know what to expect anymore ...:mad:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got a question. I am an international applicant and i've just passed my exams. Imperial offer is 90% overall with no less than 90% in math and chemistry ( I'm taking extended English, Math and Chemistry). Right now I now I'll get 90% in English as well as Chemistry but definitely not Math. One day before my Math Exam my dad died and I coudn't write it well. Is there any chance to get into Imperial by letting them know about the situation? I know that the score which I'll get will be less than 70%...I'm ready to write an additional Math exam but is it possible?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherinee)
    I've got a question. I am an international applicant and i've just passed my exams. Imperial offer is 90% overall with no less than 90% in math and chemistry ( I'm taking extended English, Math and Chemistry). Right now I now I'll get 90% in English as well as Chemistry but definitely not Math. One day before my Math Exam my dad died and I coudn't write it well. Is there any chance to get into Imperial by letting them know about the situation? I know that the score which I'll get will be less than 70%...I'm ready to write an additional Math exam but is it possible?
    I am really sorry to here that.
    Definitely go tell them.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beth1234)
    Hello there!

I haven't found a thread for those of us who plan to apply for 2012 yet, so I thought I'd create one. It is, of course, still early days yet (though last years applicant thread was created in May...)!

Discuss courses, AS results, pre-application anxiety, conditional offer anxiety, post-exam anxiety, cakes (:rolleyes:) etc.

Below is a list of 2012 Applicants. Please feel free to add yourself to The Stalking Page as well.

If you want to be on "The List" quote this post with:

Username: [your username]
    Subject: [the subject you're applying for]

(If you do change your mind and want to be taken off "The List", let me know!)

List of Applicants for 2012 Entry!

Aeronautical Engineering
    • ShahzaibMuneeb
    • aleviodema
    • iluvmaths
    • snsd0506
    • eyesofthewind
    • Matth737
    • AeroLB

Biology
    • Oceanwhistle
    • Turkay (deferred)
    • cantonicalls
    • ReBee
    • the kidney
    • Student666

Biomaterials
    • DynamicQ

Biomedical Engineering
    • alpha124
    • Araliya

Biotechnology
    • maemg (with Management)(with Industrial Reseach)
    • ToxicDevil

Chemical Engineering
    • Inactivity
    • wibawahd

Chemistry
    • ChemAddict
    • PassionPit15 (with Management)
    • LGrosvenor101
    • archie0705
    • cambridge_lad
    • jamib0y
    • timing

Comp Sci
    • fluteflute
    • Quoi?
    • eater_of_pies
    • House Dagoth
    • {Unregistered}
    • f1mad
    • Johnson Ruan
    • Arialaxe
    • M.R.

EEE
    • starburst01
    • singh224
    • maths time is here
    • Xarren

Geology
    • hash007 (with Geophysics)
    • lukas1051
    • css-

Geophysics
    • her17
    • abemco

Information Systems Engineering
    • {Unregistered}
    • M.R.

Materials Science and Engineering
    • illicitphantom
    • Postitnotes44

Mathemagic
    • like_a_star
    • Beth1234
    • ben-smith
    • deejayy
    • anyone_can_fly (with year in Europe)
    • dnumberwang (with year in Europe)
    • Edwin Okli (with year in Europe)
    • desijut
    • anil10100
    • Snow Leopard
    • SParm

Maths and Comp Sci
    • Inglip
    • desy.kris
    • {Unregistered}
    • "Wanted"
    • eliotball

Mechanical Engineering
    • aleviodema
    • kartik12
    • kurovalte
    • Alpha-Omega
    • asb174

Medicine
    • jaunebanane
    • oHellno
    • Alex J
    • Rushabh Shah
    • Leavesnotracks
    • brighteyes1994
    • imnotherehonest

Microbiology
    • MJ1993

Physics
    • Wisham
    • Mike93L
    • Hudzy (Theoretical)
    • Astronomical (Theoretical)
    • Martik
    • Brutal Chav (Theoretical)
    • Chicksac427 (Theoretical)
    • El_Matador
    • vedderfan94
    • Adstastic
    • Uoti (with year in Europe)
    • jmenkus
    • Summer_Blazed

Courtesy of arianex, below is a list of 'advisors' who have contributed to the thread in many ways If you have any questions, just quote or PM them, and I'm sure they'll be happy to help!

List of Active Awesome Advisors!
    AeroEng: ViralRiver
    BME (Biomed Eng): arianex
    Chemistry: Cyco (OMG PhD STUDENT ON THE RUN); F.I (doing Year in Industry as well)
    Computing: nikita_atikin
    Earth Science and Engineering (Geology, Geophysics etc): Zottula
    EEE: Dark-Myth
    Mech Eng: kaosu_souzousha

And finally, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
    Username: Marcus4004
    Subject: Aeronautical Engineering
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else got an email about the Imperial Blue Tree Scholarship? (Chem Eng, EEE and Mech Eng) I received it today and I think I am eligible.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inactivity)
    Has anyone else got an email about the Imperial Blue Tree Scholarship? (Chem Eng, EEE and Mech Eng) I received it today and I think I am eligible.
    Yeah I got one, I'd like to apply for it but it said about French and I am hopeless at languages so I don't know if I will. Plus I couldn't find much information about the donor!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Username: ansh
    Course: Msc Finance
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,
    I'm trying to apply for undergrad accommodation but am having trouble. Does anyone know how to do this? Apparently after accepting their offer on UCAS we receive an email that allows us to apply for accommodation? But all i have received is an email which explains how to make an account for their e-Service?
    Any help/ explanation would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student666)
    Hey Guys,
    I'm trying to apply for undergrad accommodation but am having trouble. Does anyone know how to do this? Apparently after accepting their offer on UCAS we receive an email that allows us to apply for accommodation? But all i have received is an email which explains how to make an account for their e-Service?
    Any help/ explanation would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    You will also get an email inviting you to apply for accommodation. This usually comes out from may onwards. However there has been some sort of technical problem which is why the accommodation invitations have been delayed.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.. my STEP I paper is in two days and it's part of my conditions. I can't seem to answer anything and it's scaring me. What happens if I don't meet the A*AA and/or the STEP I grade conditions... will there be no chance of getting in =[ ?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    i have seen on the step thread that imps and warwick do usually let people in if they have really strong subject grades but u have to ask them.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just got the accommodation email from Imperial.

Time to decide.
    Suggestions, anyone?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by {Unregistered})
    Just got the accommodation email from Imperial.

Time to decide.
    Suggestions, anyone?

Depends on your budget, whether you're willing to share a bedroom, how far from campus you want to live etc. Check out the Imperial College Accommodation Guide Thread for a break down of the different halls. Imperial also has a lot of info and pictures on their website.
Updated: August 20, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.