The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
Original post by anyone_can_fly
I have. And I know. :frown: :moon: That's the problem.

Applied for Mmath or 3 year degree at warwick?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Hey :smile: So I've applied for Physics with Music Performance. Must be about the only person in the world who's applied. Hopefully I'll find someone :tongue:
Original post by joshbriegal
Hey :smile: So I've applied for Physics with Music Performance. Must be about the only person in the world who's applied. Hopefully I'll find someone :tongue:

Good luck! I haven't applied for this but I was really considering it. I e-mailed them a while back and found out that they give out only 2-3 offers?! Madness!
It is pretty scary! But fingers (VERY VERY tightly) crossed! What have you applied for then?
Original post by fruktas
Oh ye, I already started working through STEP questions, mostly for my Cambridge interview (again, assuming I get one haha).

I have applied to Cambridge (trinity), LSE for Maths with Economics, Bath and Warwick and Imperial ofc. Bath asked me to prove my grade, so I am assuming that once I have done that, and offer will arrive sooner or later :tongue:

What about you?

Trinity is so lovely, what with the massive archways and the Wren library with Newtons notes and walking stick in it! It was my second choice college, behind the mighty Christ's. :tongue:

I've applied for Nat Sci there, and various combinations of theoretical physics and maths and Imperial, UCL, KCL and Warwick. I wanted to apply to LSE, but couldn't find a course I could even remotely have a chance with given my personal statement! Good luck with though, especially with Cambridge! :biggrin:
Reply 1025
Darrg... does this mean there will be less spaces for accommodation in halls ? :ahee: http://www2.imperial.ac.uk/blog/reporter/2011/10/13/imperial-gets-set/#more-15044
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1026
Original post by BlissJunkie
Good luck! I haven't applied for this but I was really considering it. I e-mailed them a while back and found out that they give out only 2-3 offers?! Madness!

Not that I ever considered it, but what on earth is the point in that? :eek: Isn't there going to be equipment and seminars for those people either way? You'd might as well stick a few extra people in the room to make all that more economic, right?

Btw, never looked at the course, so I'm going on assumptions here :smile:
Original post by Araliya
Not that I ever considered it, but what on earth is the point in that? :eek: Isn't there going to be equipment and seminars for those people either way? You'd might as well stick a few extra people in the room to make all that more economic, right?

Btw, never looked at the course, so I'm going on assumptions here :smile:

I believe you attend lectures and whatnot with other physics students (but I'm guessing less options, just the core stuff) and then music things at RCM next door. :tongue:
Imperial finally acknowledged my application tonight!

But they said in the email that they might not give out offers until after January 15th. And yet, am I wrong in remembering that I've read that there may already been have been interview invitations given out by Imperial? :s-smilie:
Reply 1029
I believe you attend lectures and whatnot with other physics students (but I'm guessing less options, just the core stuff) and then music things at RCM next door. :tongue:

Ah, I see :biggrin: But what does RCM stand for? :tongue:
Original post by Araliya
Ah, I see :biggrin: But what does RCM stand for? :tongue:

Royal College of Music. Hah, that should make it a bit clearer :biggrin:
Reply 1031
Royal College of Music. Hah, that should make it a bit clearer :biggrin:

Oh it does, thanks for the enlightenment :cool:
Reply 1032
Original post by ReBee
Imperial does not send acknowledgements! Worry not

Not true depending a) on department and b) when you apply. Also, judging by the previous "GOT AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT YAY" posts before yours...if we're talking about as a whole, it's defo not true.

Original post by maemg
Darrg... does this mean there will be less spaces for accommodation in halls ? :ahee: http://www2.imperial.ac.uk/blog/reporter/2011/10/13/imperial-gets-set/#more-15044

We current first years move-out last week of June. Olympians will be done well before late Sept. You move in first week of Oct (assuming you guys hopefully get in.) What are you on about? :s-smilie: *scratches head* :tongue:

Original post by Arialaxe
Imperial finally acknowledged my application tonight!

But they said in the email that they might not give out offers until after January 15th. And yet, am I wrong in remembering that I've read that there may already been have been interview invitations given out by Imperial? :s-smilie:

Keyword is *might* - it's so that they have an excuse for those left hanging in an application black hole without any news (after their interview.) Somehow them doing this makes you feel like you're neurotic for going "OMG PEEPZ CAN HAZ OFFERS BY DECEMBER? WHERE IS MAIIIIIIN IT'S 14 JAN - 4 WEEKS AND COUNTING..." A**-covering wahey! XD

That said there *have* been some stellar, Imps-worthy people who do end up applying a month or so after the Oxbridge deadline; so the "not till after 15 Jan" thing may also be to accommodate them. Then again those peeps have been few and far between (would explain why the later on it gets, the less people actually get offers, et al...)
Is Biology at A2 level required to apply for Medicine there?
an international applicant too here! received my acknowledgement for Maths&CS last night :smile:
Original post by nikita_atikin
Such a load of bullcrap. Tbh, from what I observed all of last year through intensive TSR stalking, the earlier you apply, the better chance you have for an interview/offer. I found that as soon as it was the Feb/March interviews for Computing, fewer people got offers. I swear everyone who came to my interview had an offer eventually.

I got my offer on the 8th of December (interview 24th of November) and I applied like a couple of days after the Oxbridge deadline. By January, Computing already does like 3/5 interview days.

Well, that's what they told me in the acknowledgement letter. If that is not correct then sorry.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1036
Original post by arianex
We current first years move-out last week of June. Olympians will be done well before late Sept. You move in first week of Oct (assuming you guys hopefully get in.) What are you on about? :s-smilie: *scratches head* :tongue:

I was thinking that the Olympians would be moving in this year or early next year so imperial would have provided less accom for people going to imperial this year and they would have less spaces in halls?:colondollar: What are term dates like anyway at imperial?
Reply 1037
Ah got my interview tomorrow, feel so underprepared :frown: anyone in the same boat?
Reply 1038
Original post by desy.kris
an international applicant too here! received my acknowledgement for Maths&CS last night :smile:

Congrats! When did you apply?

any pure Maths applicants - did you get the acknowledgement already from Imperial?
Reply 1039
Original post by css-
Ah got my interview tomorrow, feel so underprepared :frown: anyone in the same boat?

Sorry Not tomorrow but did one last year....what you applying for? x

Latest

Trending

Trending