The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
I think I'm the only one in this thread who has applied for Civil Engineering, let alone with a Year Abroad. I haven't heard anything yet from Imperial; my application was processed by UCAS on the 12th October. Is it still early to be worried about about not getting an acknowledgement / interview invitation?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 1041
Original post by CKEY
Sorry Not tomorrow but did one last year....what you applying for? x

Geology with a Year Abroad. Wasn't expecting an interview and I only found out last week and I'm panickinggg

It would seem you are studying Chemistry with a year in Industry.

Could you name a few places where one could work ? Also, how is it that you are chosen for a particular work placement ?
Reply 1043
Original post by css-
Geology with a Year Abroad. Wasn't expecting an interview and I only found out last week and I'm panickinggg

Okay you sound like i did...I did one for chemical eng last year and I felt so underprep..I'm not from UK so i felt like i d no clue what to do / how to act....my only advice is just be honest natural and most importantly- SHOW ENTHUSIASM (sounds silly i know when i was told too but does matter)- i really think this was important my interviewer seemed to see my interest and we ended up just chatting towards the end about fashion and chemical eng?!
Was great actually! I was sure this was just a way to pass time as in they knew they werent going to offer place but got place ! didnt go for personal reasons but deeply regret not being able to go....
I cant tell you any q's i was asked cos i was soooo nervous its literallly a blur...you'll know what i mean after...
Best of luck maybe ill see you there next year ( IM reapplying)
Remember ENTHUSIASM and INTEREST!
Reply 1044
Original post by mpc1
Congrats! When did you apply?

any pure Maths applicants - did you get the acknowledgement already from Imperial?

I applied for good old chesnut Mathematics :biggrin:, but still nothing! I AM GETTING NERVOUS :frown:
Reply 1045
Original post by fruktas
I applied for good old chesnut Mathematics :biggrin:, but still nothing! I AM GETTING NERVOUS :frown:

3 year degrees math (g100) in both imperial and warwick?

Did anyone else get offers for G100 in warwick in TSR? Also did any one else receive acknowledgements in TSR from Imperial for G100?

If not, then you dont need to get nervous! It just means they are yet to acknowledge/decide for G100.

:smile:
Reply 1046
Original post by desy.kris
an international applicant too here! received my acknowledgement for Maths&CS last night :smile:

Same :biggrin:

Also weren't you looking for the 2006 MAT solutions? I found this thread:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=882839
which has all the answers we need except q3 and q5.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mpc1
Congrats! When did you apply?

any pure Maths applicants - did you get the acknowledgement already from Imperial?

thank you :smile: 12 October, I think.

Original post by 8ight
I haven't heard anything yet from Imperial; my application was processed by UCAS on the 12th October. Is it still early to be worried about about not getting an acknowledgement / interview invitation?

yeah it's still early... I kinda assumed only international applicants would get acknowledged while local applicants would either be invited for an interview or be given an offer straightaway or be rejected, but I'm not sure since I was just guesstimating!

Original post by Inglip
Same :biggrin:

Also weren't you looking for the 2006 MAT solutions? I found this thread:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=882839
which has all the answers we need except q3 and q3.

yay :smile: oh yess thank you so much! I wish it was put as a PDF though :/
Reply 1048
Anyone know when the chemistry interview days end?
Original post by tpowertj
Anyone know when the chemistry interview days end?

4:30. but if you need to leave earlier then you can ask the interviewers and be the first or second person to be interviewed so you can leave at about 2:30 or 3.
Reply 1050
Original post by archie0705
4:30. but if you need to leave earlier then you can ask the interviewers and be the first or second person to be interviewed so you can leave at about 2:30 or 3.

Thanks it didn't seem to say in my email
Original post by tpowertj
Thanks it didn't seem to say in my email

Yeah, a few days after I confirmed I was going they sent me another email with directions and a schedule of the day.
Reply 1052
Original post by mpc1
3 year degrees math (g100) in both imperial and warwick?

Did anyone else get offers for G100 in warwick in TSR? Also did any one else receive acknowledgements in TSR from Imperial for G100?

If not, then you dont need to get nervous! It just means they are yet to acknowledge/decide for G100.

:smile:

Yes its G100. I have an offer from Warwick already, but nothing from imperial :smile:

I guess its just imperial leaving maths until january, or for november :smile:
Reply 1053
I've applied to study medicine at imperial a couple of weeks ago, but still haven't go an acknowledgement. Is this happening to anyone else? Thanks!
Original post by momories

Original post by momories
I've applied to study medicine at imperial a couple of weeks ago, but still haven't go an acknowledgement. Is this happening to anyone else? Thanks!

Neither have I still waiting...
Reply 1055
Original post by fruktas
Yes its G100. I have an offer from Warwick already, but nothing from imperial :smile:

I guess its just imperial leaving maths until january, or for november :smile:

Ok may be they wait to give out offers until Nov or Jan.,. BUT did imperial send out the acknowledgement for G100?

Some seem to have got acknowledgements.
Reply 1056
Original post by Deepshiii
Is Biology at A2 level required to apply for Medicine there?

The website's a good source of info - I highly recommend that you (and others who have Qs like this as well) check it up FIRST before asking us.

Copy-pasted from http://www1.imperial.ac.uk/medicine/teaching/undergraduate/medicine/admissions/requirements:

The minimum entry requirements for the School of Medicine are as follows:
-three A levels, including chemistry and/or biology and one science or mathematics subject
-one additional subject at AS level
-if either chemistry or biology is offered alone at A level, then the other is required at AS level

Bio and Chem are the important ones here. So if you have at least AS Biology along with A2 Chemistry you'll be okay. :smile:

Original post by maemg
I was thinking that the Olympians would be moving in this year or early next year so imperial would have provided less accom for people going to imperial this year and they would have less spaces in halls?:colondollar: What are term dates like anyway at imperial?

Tsk, that would be "suicidal" for Imperial, don't you think?

We start in early October and have 11 weeks per term - Christmas is in the middle of December (at least 3 weeks off), then in mid Jan we have another 11 weeks until Easter. We get back in mid-April (9 weeks), exams in May/June, and we finish in the last week of June (close to the 1st week of July, rarely do we go into July though.)

31 academic weeks plus 8 weeks because the accommodation contract is 39 weeks long...means a month's worht of Holidays for Christmas and Easter. Wowzers. XD
still haven't heard from Imperial :frown:

Really want to have an interview in November rather than having to wait a couple of months.
Original post by arianex
The website's a good source of info - I highly recommend that you (and others who have Qs like this as well) check it up FIRST before asking us.

Copy-pasted from http://www1.imperial.ac.uk/medicine/teaching/undergraduate/medicine/admissions/requirements:

Bio and Chem are the important ones here. So if you have at least AS Biology along with A2 Chemistry you'll be okay. :smile:

I had checked on the website but it was not totally clear if biology was absolutely necessary. Well, it was at first but after talking to my friends, I started wondering if having biology only at AS level would reduce my chances. I have A2 chem, maths and physics, so thanks!:smile:
Reply 1059
Original post by mpc1
Ok may be they wait to give out offers until Nov or Jan.,. BUT did imperial send out the acknowledgement for G100?

Some seem to have got acknowledgements.

Some people say they have had emails (the ones applying for G100)

Latest

Trending

Trending