The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1840
Oh man! Got offer from Imperial, chemistry, AAA DUNKNOEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Bare happy, cos I messed up an easy graph of x/1+x in the interview, my ipod went off, i didnt know what the heck my guy was on about hybridisation and then my interviewer fell asleep.

DAMN MAN!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

:colone:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 1841
Original post by iluvmaths
i seriously thought arianex was going to stop us lot from talking about interviews. but seems she doesn't care. unlike the mother of this thread of course.

"Doesn't care"? I'd advise you to not make offhand-remarks like that. Yes, you can talk about interviews; I'm not going to be some megalomaniac tyrant. But not in-depth.
If I catch anyone talking about specific Qs... -sharpens cleaver-

The reason I'm fine with "was your interview more xx-based or yy-based"/"scope-based" questions is because the answer varies for EVERYONE. Quoting verbatim, "if you think about it, that's totally left to the discretion of your interviewer" - it's up to them what sort of stuff they want to ask you.

Specific questions, however, like "draw the graph of such-and-such" -- NO. OFF LIMITS.

In a nutshell: YOU SHOULD BE ACING THESE INTERVIEWS BASED ON YOUR OWN EFFORT AND SKILL/KNOWLEDGE, NOT BECAUSE SOMEONE ALREADY TOLD YOU THE ANSWERS TO SPECIFIC Qs.
The reason nikita_atikin says "no interview discussion full stop" is because some of you don't know how to judge what's okay and what's not, so it's easier to say "totally no interview discussion". It's not us who created these rules; it's a TSR thing.

It's much the same as TSR's own rules about Edexcel exam discussions on the forum (because the exams are taken internationally)...even stuff like "that was hard" could end up being a giveaway, so it's much better to have totally no exam discussion until after a certain timeframe (to ensure that everyone around the world had finished taking their exams.)
(edited 12 years ago)
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH Computing interview tomorrow! :eek: I think I might be getting a bit too stressed about it...

Also, do most people who are invited to interview get offers?
Original post by Arialaxe
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH Computing interview tomorrow! :eek: I think I might be getting a bit too stressed about it...

Also, do most people who are invited to interview get offers?

We were told that 80% of people interviewed were given offers (Chemistry.)
Of course, this varies form group to group.

Good Luck :smile: My friend also has a Computing interview tomorrow.
Original post by Killjoy-
We were told that 80% of people interviewed were given offers (Chemistry.)
Of course, this varies form group to group.

Good Luck :smile: My friend also has a Computing interview tomorrow.

Thanks, I suppose that makes me feel a bit better. I'm sort of hoping that I'd really have to mess up for them to change their minds...:tongue:
Original post by arianex
"Doesn't care"? I'd advise you to not make offhand-remarks like that. Yes, you can talk about interviews; I'm not going to be some megalomaniac tyrant. But not in-depth.

The reason I'm fine with "was your interview more xx-based or yy-based"/"scope-based" questions is because the answer varies for EVERYONE. Quoting verbatim, "if you think about it, that's totally left to the discretion of your interviewer" - it's up to them what sort of stuff they want to ask you.

Specific questions, however, like "draw the graph of such-and-such" -- NO. OFF LIMITS.

In a nutshell: YOU SHOULD BE ACING THESE INTERVIEWS BASED ON YOUR OWN EFFORT AND SKILL/KNOWLEDGE, NOT BECAUSE SOMEONE ALREADY TOLD YOU THE ANSWERS TO SPECIFIC Qs.
The reason nikita_atikin says "no interview discussion full stop" is because some of you don't know how to judge what's okay and what's not, so it's easier to say "totally no interview discussion". It's not us who created these rules; it's a TSR thing.

It's much the same as TSR's own rules about Edexcel exam discussions on the forum (because the exams are taken internationally)...even stuff like "that was hard" could end up being a giveaway, so it's much better to have totally no exam discussion until after a certain timeframe (to ensure that everyone around the world had finished taking their exams.)

urmm.. as a junior to you, i didn't mean to make u so mad. i mean ur getting quite defensive about it. but i get ur point. :biggrin:
Reply 1846
Original post by iluvmaths
urmm.. as a junior to you, i didn't mean to make u so mad. i mean ur getting quite defensive about it. but i get ur point. :biggrin:

That's okay. :smile: Just...choice of words, you know? "Don't care" sounds rather, er, strong.
Aero interview (incl maths test) tommorrow! Panicking much... :s-smilie:

Anyone else got it tommorrow? If yes, How are you guys preparing for the maths test? :/
Got my conditional from IC in chemistry (A In Maths)!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Oh man I got my Chemistry invterview tomorrow and I am ridiculously scared. I already had quite a few mocks and real interviews it's just when I get a question I really don't know the answer for that I struggle :frown: Anyway good luck to anyone going tomorrow and well done for everyone who got offers so far ! :biggrin:
Got an offer of AAA from Imperial this morning for Chemistry yay! :tongue:
Original post by bekylouisex3
Got an offer of AAA from Imperial this morning for Chemistry yay! :tongue:

How was the interview? Anything where you really struggled (obviously not specific otherwise the supervisors will slate us -.-)
Reply 1852
Just got an unconditional offer for Physics w/ Theoretical physics (as soon as I present my certificates)
Original post by ChemAddict
Got my conditional from IC in chemistry (A In Maths)!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Nice! Well done.
Reply 1854
Just got a conditional offer for physics :biggrin:
Original post by archie0705
Nice! Well done.

:five: Looks like we might be studying together next year :smile:

Congrats on your offer too!
Reply 1856
Original post by arianex

no1curr
Reply 1857
I had my interview for Theoretical Physics 23 days ago. I still haven't heard. They said 2-3 weeks, and all my friends have heard back within 10 days. Anyone have a similar problem?
Reply 1858
Original post by Lilbugger
Oh man I got my Chemistry invterview tomorrow and I am ridiculously scared. I already had quite a few mocks and real interviews it's just when I get a question I really don't know the answer for that I struggle :frown: Anyway good luck to anyone going tomorrow and well done for everyone who got offers so far ! :biggrin:

You'll be fine - from what I've heard, this year the interviews are not too stressful.
Your interviewers are human too and they don't want to scare you off (well, most of them anyway :P)

Good luck!

I might even bump into you in the hallway...

Congratulations to all you Chemistry people!
Applied last night :smile:... I know its a bit late but had some personal problems. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending