The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

hearing about accomodation

hi when do we hear about our accomodation from manchester? i dont know if im the only one now who doesnt have accomodation confirmed :frown:
Reply 1
Have you confirmed your attendence yet? Also about 1-3 days normally but since the alevel results just got out, it can be 3-7. It just depends on how quickly they get through them. You'll get emailed your accommodation info though :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by fidi64
hi when do we hear about our accomodation from manchester? i dont know if im the only one now who doesnt have accomodation confirmed :frown:

Well relax, you aren't!

Has your track updated and have you confirmed your attendance at Manchester to Manchester yet?

When did you apply for accommodation?
Reply 3
I confirmed my attendance on results day and I haven't heard yet, but I'm guessing in the next few days we'll hear:smile:
Reply 4
as soon as your offer shows as unconditional on track the uni can dish out your accommodation. my offer got made unconditonal in june and the next day i had an offer of accomodation! just rrmember as well that when you applied for 3 lots of residences it wasnt in specific order so if you have first 2nd and 3rd choices dont be too annoydd if you dont get your "1st choice" xxx
I got unconditional 20th july.applied for accomodation 22nd july.cofirmed my attendance.but haven't received any offers yet!!!
Reply 6
Original post by hummingbird28
I got unconditional 20th july.applied for accomodation 22nd july.cofirmed my attendance.but haven't received any offers yet!!!

Time to contact the accommodation office I think? I actually waiting 9days after accepting my offer then i contacted them, turns out a screen or something hadnt updated and i didnt have any valid courses! All settled now, but if you're worried just contact them
Reply 7
Just heard about mine. Just wondering, before I log in there cos it all has to be done at once, does anyone know how much the prepayment is? Need to make sure I have enough to pay it lol!! :-)

Cheers
Reply 8
Original post by pete1693
Just heard about mine. Just wondering, before I log in there cos it all has to be done at once, does anyone know how much the prepayment is? Need to make sure I have enough to pay it lol!! :-)

Cheers

Mine was 200quid? I think it should be the same for everywhere though
You can then decide you payment plan or leave it for a while (I left mine)
Which halls did you get into? :smile:
Reply 9
Hey I have a question, I don't think its worth its own thread though.

I'm from N.Ireland so basically I have to organise all my crap to move my life over there so planning travel arrangements etc. Does anyone know when we sorta start the whole thing? I'm assuming it'll be whenever your dorm will be available for you to move in? What sorta dates have you guys been told? Thanks
Reply 10
Souba - I've been told I can move in on the 15th of September :smile:

fml - just confirmed and paid!! Thanks for your info. I've got into Lambert :biggrin: You??
Reply 11
Original post by pete1693
Souba - I've been told I can move in on the 15th of September :smile:

fml - just confirmed and paid!! Thanks for your info. I've got into Lambert :biggrin: You??

Well I confirmed my place yesterday so I'm hoping to find out in the next couple of days. I applied for Oak House twice then Richmond Park.

Can't wait.... Damn, I wish we were moving in earlier. I just wanna get started. Fed up sitting around during the summer.
Reply 12
How long do you think you should wait before calling up the accommodation. I applied on the 9th of august.
Reply 13
Original post by ekman
How long do you think you should wait before calling up the accommodation. I applied on the 9th of august.

I'd say give them a call on monday and ask whats going on since its been 2 weeks.
Did you confirm your attendance? If you just got your alevels on the 18th, the obviously you'll need to wait more! However, if you had an unconditional before, give them a ring.
Reply 14
Original post by fml
I'd say give them a call on monday and ask whats going on since its been 2 weeks.
Did you confirm your attendance? If you just got your alevels on the 18th, the obviously you'll need to wait more! However, if you had an unconditional before, give them a ring.

Ah, I forgot to confirm my attendance. thanks. :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by ekman
Ah, I forgot to confirm my attendance. thanks. :smile:

Ok, then confirm your attendance and you should get something soon :smile:
Original post by fml
Time to contact the accommodation office I think? I actually waiting 9days after accepting my offer then i contacted them, turns out a screen or something hadnt updated and i didnt have any valid courses! All settled now, but if you're worried just contact them

thanks.i myself was wondering the same.:frown:
Reply 17
I just got mine there, it took from Thursday afternoon to now on Saturday afternoon :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending