The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by cptKernow
Wouldn't want to study in Spain at the mo. Too risky with it being at the epicentre of a Eurozone melt down. You might find yourself without a course / university 2 years in.

Strikes me Spanish unis must be really cash strapped if they have to pay people to recruit. Eh dnvo2020, azcar121, azcar121?
Give it up guys, your phoney posts are getting pretty tedious.

Yours
Cpt1212

i wouldn't want to go anywhere in europe after watching last nights bbc panorama
Reply 41
Original post by cptKernow
Wouldn't want to study in Spain at the mo. Too risky with it being at the epicentre of a Eurozone melt down. You might find yourself without a course / university 2 years in.

Strikes me Spanish unis must be really cash strapped if they have to pay people to recruit. Eh dnvo2020, azcar121, azcar121?
Give it up guys, your phoney posts are getting pretty tedious.

Yours
Cpt1212

Can't speak for the others but you mention but I am getting worried I am the only person on this course. Seriously, does no one else know anything about this?
Reply 42
Original post by dnvo2020
Can't speak for the others but you mention but I am getting worried I am the only person on this course. Seriously, does no one else know anything about this?

i don't understand what you are saying???
Do they actually accept repeated a levels for universities in europe? I'm low around C's/D's at the moment but will repeat them to get them up to A's etc. I have the funds potentially to do it as well.

This one of the drawbacks of the UK is that repeated a levels are not allowed so I'm hoping there's some leeway with the likes of Prague etc.
Reply 44
Original post by undertaker1
this is the website for the application:http://www.readmedicine.com/

im thinking of applying if i dont get an offer in any english insituation due to me retaking my 2nd year. i believe the entry isn't as difficult as long as you get the grades in the country of origin.
all i want to know is what the difference in teaching is in europe compared to britain. the pros and cons of studying abroad. the fees are very similar to england however no loans are available.

i would like someone on tsr who has/is studying in europe to share the opinions please thank you.

PS:are you going to apply for 2012 entry

Hi, im going to apply for the dentistry in Hungary course for 2013 entry, i think its great i see it as a second chance because i cant do it here in England as i have retaken 2 of my a-levels.....im still worried about getting in thought, im waiting to find out if they still accept retake students, and im not quite clear on which grades u need, but im going to call today before i apply...it is very pricey but i can JUST make it thank god.
Anyway if you guys need any info or have any for me please comment :biggrin:
Best of luck!
Reply 45
Original post by misty00
Hi, im going to apply for the dentistry in Hungary course for 2013 entry, i think its great i see it as a second chance because i cant do it here in England as i have retaken 2 of my a-levels.....im still worried about getting in thought, im waiting to find out if they still accept retake students, and im not quite clear on which grades u need, but im going to call today before i apply...it is very pricey but i can JUST make it thank god.
Best of luck!

they do accept resits
Original post by raman1
Can i do dentistry? I failed my AS results :frown:

GCE Biology = C = 194

Biology unit 3T = 24 = E
Biology unit 2 = 98 = B

GCE Chemistry = E = 120

Chemistry unit 1 = 60 = C
Chemistry unit 2 = 43 = U
Chemistry unit 3T = 17 = U

is all hope lost? :frown:

Can you retake the year if yes go for it, retake the year or chemistry, resitting the exams without taking lessons will make it super difficult to get A's, and you only count as a resit student if you do resits after you finish your A2 levels.
Within your A2 level years, first and second year, doing resits I think is alright and go for it.

I know people who got U in biology and chemistry first year, resat the year, got A/B's, I finished A2 with ACD D in biology no chemistry, resat, and now with 4 A's and a A*.

If you retake the year, you need to remind yourself the shame of failing again, and that your more mature and with more experience than other students, so watever they get you MUST get better than them.
Original post by undertaker1
i wouldn't want to go anywhere in europe after watching last nights bbc panorama

whats going on :O link please or info
Reply 48
Just wondering, is it too late to apply for universities abroad for Dentistry, such as the ones in Prague and Hungary just as a safety net? And would anyone know how many international students they take for the Dentistry course over there? Thanks.
Reply 49
Original post by siriuspudh
Just wondering, is it too late to apply for universities abroad for Dentistry, such as the ones in Prague and Hungary just as a safety net? And would anyone know how many international students they take for the Dentistry course over there? Thanks.

Sorry not sure if it's too late or anything, but here is a link for dentistry in Poland, you can see details on the site http://godivaeducation.com/programs/dentistry/
Reply 50
hey guys, does it matter if you study dentistry in/outside EEA and if you want to work in the UK after you qualify??
Reply 51
Hello everyone, I need your help so much. I have a graduation (European Baccalaureate) from my country, Hungary, with the results of :

82% hungarian language and literature
86% history
81% english language
71% art history
80% biology

I am planning to do the Chemistry this May. Is it okay if I do the chemistry just now, are they going to accept it?
I am not good at maths and physics so I don't have any of them. Do I still have a chance of getting in?
I have been living in the UK for the last 4 years and currently doing my first year in Biomedical Sciences, but I would love to study dentistry in Malta. I have been rejected in the UK,its so competitive,and I feel so hopeless and sad. Back at school I had no idea I am going to want to be a dentist so I did not take the right subjects. Please anyone help me, what could be my best option to get into Malta? Thank you in advance,xx
Original post by misty00
Best of luck!

Hello. I'm planning to apply for dentistry in 2015. I'm currently in year 12 doing As levels. I'm just thinking if I should apply for dentistry in this country my GCSE grades are not the best. But in my AS grades I am predicted ABBB. I know this isn't enough for dental schools in the uk. So I'm just thinking If I should apply abroad. If you don't mind me asking, what did you achieve in your final A level grades? And how much you pay for tuition fees and living costs in total for a year. I'm thinking you go Debrecen, right? Cos I'm planning to go there. Can you please answer my questions cos I need to make mind up. Any questions that are answered are appreciated.
Original post by sortedguy
Hi, I am applying to Prague this year. If you would like any advice please dont hesitate to ask for any help :smile:

What is it like? What kind of grades did you get if you don't mind me asking? And how are the fees and accommodation, are you able to get any student loans? And lastly what is the course like? Any entrance exams or having to learn a different language? Thank you so much!
Hi, current British student student studying in Europe and just finished a very successful and amazing first year. If you are interested and want any information about application and settling in abroad, feel free to send me a message.
Original post by mercedesdent100
Hi, current British student student studying in Europe and just finished a very successful and amazing first year. If you are interested and want any information about application and settling in abroad, feel free to send me a message.

Hi,

I was wondering where in Europe you are studying dentistry, and also if you have to learn the local language in order to communicate with patients. In addition this I was wondering whether the lectures are in English?

Thanks
Original post by cfcforever
Hi,

I was wondering where in Europe you are studying dentistry, and also if you have to learn the local language in order to communicate with patients. In addition this I was wondering whether the lectures are in English?

Thanks

Bulgaria and yes you do have to learn the local language but you have about 6 hours of lessons per week as part of the timetable and it isn't too difficult to pick up over time as you communicate with locals and in general day to day life. You also have language teaching until third year so not too bad at all. All the lectures/seminars and practical classes are in English.
Original post by mercedesdent100
Bulgaria and yes you do have to learn the local language but you have about 6 hours of lessons per week as part of the timetable and it isn't too difficult to pick up over time as you communicate with locals and in general day to day life. You also have language teaching until third year so not too bad at all. All the lectures/seminars and practical classes are in English.

Sorry if these are personal questions but I'm very desperate to know some answers. My first question: what kind of grades did you get for your AS levels and your final grades?
Second question: what is the tution fees and living costs like in Bulgaria? And what is the total expenditure for both tution fees, food, accommodation etc do you spend in a year?
Third question: what univeristy is it?
Of you can reply to these questions it will be very helpful
Very interested to know the above too. I just finished the first year of IB, but am not sure whether my grades and work experience will be sufficient. Thanks!
Reply 59
Hi i need help i got first year of AS À in Maths, C chemistry and D in biology and this year i am doing A level and next year i went to apply for Dentistry. What grade i need for Dentistry. Thank if you can email me on

Latest