The Student Room Group

My top 30 revision tips! (Free eBook PDF)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Nice book TBB!

I like it! If you flesh it out a bit more and then add a cover or two.
Reply 21
Well I'll be using these tips for my first year at uni, thank you OP :smile:
Original post by Agata
I saw it :smile: .. I like it :smile:

I was proud of doing 5hours revision a day :lol:

Thank you very much indeed, I hope you like it all :smile:
Original post by Gordian519
Good idea, TheBritishBloke! I haven't taken the time to read it yet but one thing that usually works is trying to forget what you've learned. In the same way that you can't help but think of an elephant when asked to think of an elephant, I can't help but remember a series of numbers or something when I'm trying to get myself to forget them.

True, although I'd rather not forget say, all of A-Level Maths and have to re-learn it during the exam period :wink: I get what you mean though.
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
Nice book TBB!

I like it! If you flesh it out a bit more and then add a cover or two.

Thank you very much! The hardcover will be available soon.

Original post by Deema
Well I'll be using these tips for my first year at uni, thank you OP :smile:

Reply 24
Original post by TheBritishBloke
True, although I'd rather not forget say, all of A-Level Maths and have to re-learn it during the exam period :wink: I get what you mean though.

Thank you very much! The hardcover will be available soon.

Great! :gthumb:

Have you thought of actually selling it for say a few quid if you flesh it out a bit more. I could market it for you :h:

or if you want to do it on your own..... try www.lulu.com

But like I said.... I could market it for you :h:
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
Great! :gthumb:

Have you thought of actually selling it for say a few quid if you flesh it out a bit more. I could market it for you :h:

or if you want to do it on your own..... try www.lulu.com

But like I said.... I could market it for you :h:

Well, I've sold eBooks in the past and they haven't really sold.. And then as soon as I made them free, I got boat loads of good comments, reviews and downloads etc.

I'd rather just leave it free, at least for the time being; unless you have some super plan up your sleeve :wink:
Has anyone who's downloaded it genuinely not thought it was bad?
thank you
Original post by lollington-mccoy
thank you

No problem :smile:
Figured I'd bump this back up.

EDIT: I'm also currently planning to have this moved back to Study Help, by removing the link and just putting the tips in a post along with a PDF.
(edited 12 years ago)
114 more downloads, no comments? ^.^
Saying that you can only use mind maps for keyword and definitions??? After reading a book by the bbc i'm using mind maps for connecting the dots for my maths degree. Its really helped on my memory. Mind maps are a more creative and proactive form of revision if you know the rules. http://www.mind-mapping.org/mindmapping-learning-study-memory/rules-of-mindmapping.html Clearly i broke the one word per line rule at times though. When i revise now i do a mind map first without looking at notes in colour, then i annotate my mind map in black ink with all the theorems, results, examples. I remember almost all of the stuff i revise now.
Downloaded very good will help alot thanks :smile:
Original post by Sapphire_Eyes
Downloaded very good will help alot thanks :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 34
Thanks for the tips :smile:
This has been useful. I shall now study for 4 hours every day.
Reply 36
T'aahh usefulll :smile: I suck revising (distractions) but this helped. thanksss
Thanks, this'll come in handy hopefully!
Original post by Omniscience
This has been useful. I shall now study for 4 hours every day.

Sounds sarcastic, so figured I'd point out: That's a guideline during the exam period.
Thanks, useful stuff here :smile: not sure about the four hours of revision on school days though, that's a little unrealistic what with other homework etc!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending