Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Social Work 2012 Entry

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I am going for Social Work 2012 entry interview in various Universities, starting next week. What are the questions asked? Has anyone had an interview in 2012 in any of the listed Universities below? The selection process for Derby is comprised of a piece of written work based on a short video exercise, so what was the questions asked for the written work, the group sections also the individual interview questions? Help please I cant sleep or eat untill I have knowladge of what to read and what to say. Thanks
    1) Derby
    2) MMU
    3) Chester
    4) Hopefully Staffordshire University will respond.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I see, yeah I didn't think so, just wondered if anyone had. However, if it is a GSCC requirement then fair enough, it makes sense! I've applied to Bath, York, Winchester, Birmingham and Gloucestershire. Received an invitation to interview from Bath today, haven't heard from any of the others.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan_oufc)
    I see, yeah I didn't think so, just wondered if anyone had. However, if it is a GSCC requirement then fair enough, it makes sense! I've applied to Bath, York, Winchester, Birmingham and Gloucestershire. Received an invitation to interview from Bath today, haven't heard from any of the others.
    I've had my york university interview today, dont worry they've got loads of interview days left and they contact via post so just keep checking the mail.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Hull after interviews last week?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maggimay)
    I was at hull for my interview on the 12th and i still havent heard anything. you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L2307)
    I was at hull for my interview on the 12th and i still havent heard anything. you?
    My interview was on the 10th and have still not heard anything. I got an unsuccessful from Leeds Met.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview at leeds met and it was awful, i really dont wanna go there now. Were have you applied to?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L2307)
    I had my interview at leeds met and it was awful, i really dont wanna go there now. Were have you applied to?
    I have had interviews at Manchester Met, Leeds Met and Hull. Have an interview at sheffield next week. Have acknowledgements from Huddersfield and Bradford. How about you, where have you applied to and how are they progressing?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have had interviews at Manchester Met, Leeds Met and Hull. Have an interview at sheffield next week. Have acknowledgements from Huddersfield and Bradford. How about you, where have you applied to and how are they progressing?
    i've applied at
    * Leeds met university - had an interview there and waiting for a decision
    * Hull university - had an interview there and waiting for a decision
    * York university - had an interview there and waiting for a decision
    * Leeds university - i've got an interview there next month
    * Huddersfield university - recieved a conditional offer

are you from yorkshire?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L2307)
    i've applied at
    * Leeds met university - had an interview there and waiting for a decision
    * Hull university - had an interview there and waiting for a decision
    * York university - had an interview there and waiting for a decision
    * Leeds university - i've got an interview there next month
    * Huddersfield university - recieved a conditional offer

are you from yorkshire?
    West Yorkshire. I'm really hoping to get into Huddersfield because I did my BA there but still waiting to see if I get an interview. Where would you prefer to go?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    West Yorkshire. I'm really hoping to get into Huddersfield because I did my BA there but still waiting to see if I get an interview. Where would you prefer to go?
    Im from west yorkshire, Pontefract. Its only a small place.
    Either Leeds uni or Huddersfield because its close to home. Oh so are you doing your MA now?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L2307)
    Im from west yorkshire, Pontefract. Its only a small place.
    Either Leeds uni or Huddersfield because its close to home. Oh so are you doing your MA now?
    I'm from Wakefield. I completed my BA in 2010 and want to do the MA. Are you wanting to do the BA or MA?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Wakefield. I completed my BA in 2010 and want to do the MA. Are you wanting to do the BA or MA?
    Im wanting to do my BA, im 19 tho so im not a college leaver.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L2307)
    Im wanting to do my BA, im 19 tho so im not a college leaver.
    You have a conditional offer meaning you must have life/work experiences and come across as mature. I'm a mature student... my child is almost your age, I have mountains of experience but useless in interviews.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    had interview for keele but didn't get offer, gutted
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L2307)
    I've had my york university interview today, dont worry they've got loads of interview days left and they contact via post so just keep checking the mail.
    How was the interview at York? What kind of interview was it? Yeah true, all about playing the waiting game!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan_oufc)
    How was the interview at York? What kind of interview was it? Yeah true, all about playing the waiting game!
    It was a one to one interview and a written test, everyone was really nice. were have you applied?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got a conditional offer from hull have u heard anything?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L2307)
    It was a one to one interview and a written test, everyone was really nice. were have you applied?
    Ohh right, I've applied to Bath, Birmingham, Gloucestershire, Winchester and York. Yourself?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L2307)
    I've got a conditional offer from hull have u heard anything?
    I'm still waiting.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 28, 2013
New on TSR

'Stalking pages' have changed!

Find other uni applicants with University Connect

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.