Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Social Work 2012 Entry

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have applied to 5 London Uni's (Southbank, Middlesex, London Met, Goldsmiths & Bunel) and recieved the usual "Thank you for your application, get back to you soon, blah blah,blah..."

But wondering if anyone had interview dates for these uni's as I haven't gotten anything else back yet?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have offers from Chichester and Gloucester so far, has anyone else heard anything?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got offers at Hull and Huddersfield! Anyone else?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Anyone had an interview at Keele or Staffordshire Uni? How did it go?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've applied for Bath, Gloucestershire and UWE but I haven't heard anything yet

Can I ask when people submit their applications? I'm starting to get worried that people are being offered interviews but I haven't. I wish they would like say if my application was unsuccessful...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    had an interview at keele on friday, first was a written test, more to see how your writing skills were rather than knowledge then a interview, gutted that i didn't get offered a place as i really liked it, they said i didn't have enough understanding of social work so my advice would be to really get your answers sorted as to why you want to be a social worker, they said if i got more experience they would be more than happy for me to apply next year, they also tell you on the day if you've passed so no horrible waiting
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01tdavies)
    Hi,

I've applied for Bath, Gloucestershire and UWE but I haven't heard anything yet

Can I ask when people submit their applications? I'm starting to get worried that people are being offered interviews but I haven't. I wish they would like say if my application was unsuccessful...
    hey unis received my app on the 12/13th dec and bath have offered me an interview for 1st feb and 3 other unis have replied
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone i had an interview at coventry on saturday. i had to do a written test which was accessing grammer, punctuation ect. also had an interview because i passed the exam and they asked me what would you change about social policy.. this was sum thing i wasnt prepared for. so now im using this as a learning curf. they will ask u preety much anything. good luck guys..x
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SabzReal)
    hey unis received my app on the 12/13th dec and bath have offered me an interview for 1st feb and 3 other unis have replied
    Thank you.
    Good luck for your interview next week. I'm hoping there will be another batch shortly after.. I submit my application a week after you so maybe I will hear in the next week or so. It's driving me insane not knowing!!:cry2:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi Lorrabelle Thanks for the reply

You have confirmed what I thought would be asked at Keele so thanks...
    Were they picky on work experience then? As on the open day they told me it wasn't a big issue? How much have you done if you don't mind me asking

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an interview at Leeds on the 13th feb?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi kaaattte, the work experience was fine but more that i probably didn't say what they expected in the interview, i'm really gonna look up more things to talk about so i know what to say, i prob come across a bit quiet too, my work exp is working in a youth club with ages 11 to 14 as a youth supervisor, i have been there since august. i still have to hear back from york, which i haven't visited and UEA which i really like. good luck, this is defo harder than i thought!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have got interviews for Leeds and Salford, spent the afternoon reading through Social Work forums and am now very scared and nervous for the impending interviews. Any tips or advice would be greatly received.

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lornacr)
    Hi,

I have got interviews for Leeds and Salford, spent the afternoon reading through Social Work forums and am now very scared and nervous for the impending interviews. Any tips or advice would be greatly received.

Thanks
    When is your Leeds interview because i have one there too?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer from leeds met
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi i have a interview at Leeds Met on the 8th, Anyone else have thiers on this day?

For those who have had a interview there, what was it like? what sorts of questions did they ask you? what else did you have to do? Any tips? Did you get an offer?

Im so nervous and scared
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammi3)
    Hi i have a interview at Leeds Met on the 8th, Anyone else have thiers on this day?

For those who have had a interview there, what was it like? what sorts of questions did they ask you? what else did you have to do? Any tips? Did you get an offer?

Im so nervous and scared
    Hey, iv got a conditional offer from leeds met i has my interview on the 18th jan. I'll be honest with you i didnt like the university or the interview because it was very intense to say its only a 20min interview. I've got 3 offers so far, im waiting to hear from york as it was only last week i had my interview and iv got an interview at leeds uni on the 13th feb.

They focused a lot on government and politics regards social work, also why i wanted to become a social worker. They didnt use any senario questions. They asked about skills, knowledge and qualities.

There was a social work tutor and an employer in the health sector interviewing me. I was suprised to get an offer, but some others did say there interviews were lovely. The people are lovely though, just the interview was a little tough, as long as your prepared you'll be fine.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammi3)

Im so nervous and scared
    Hey I'm there too on the 8th. I was wondering if any has already interviewed at Leeds Met and if they could offer any advice as to the topics discussed?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    My Bath interview is tomorrow and not going to lie I'm pretty nervous. Will give feedback from the interview either tomorrow or Thursday.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Accepted my offers last night, good luck to everyone!!! =D

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 28, 2013
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.