The Student Room Group

Social Work 2012 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Got 5/5 offers from Leeds, Leeds met, Huddersfield, York and Hull! :biggrin: Iv firmed leeds uni and insured leeds met exciting stuff!
Reply 141
got offer today from UEA so that will definitely be my firm
Reply 142
Has anyone been unsuccessful with Social Work and been offered an alternative course instead? This has happened to me with York, they have offered their Applied Social Science course. I have another offer anyway which I'm considering firming, just wondered if anyone had been in the same situation?
Reply 143
Original post by dan_oufc
Has anyone been unsuccessful with Social Work and been offered an alternative course instead? This has happened to me with York, they have offered their Applied Social Science course. I have another offer anyway which I'm considering firming, just wondered if anyone had been in the same situation?

i also got rejected from york and they offered the same course as they offered you, not a lot of use as you can't be a social worker with it with is why we applied for social work, luckily iv'e now got UEA which is the one i wanted:smile::smile:
Reply 144
Original post by lorrabell
i also got rejected from york and they offered the same course as they offered you, not a lot of use as you can't be a social worker with it with is why we applied for social work, luckily iv'e now got UEA which is the one i wanted:smile::smile:

Its a bit awkward really, I've emailed them asking for feedback as to why I was unsuccessful and I haven't heard anything....thats exactly what I thought, the course is good but is completely irrelevant to me! Congrats on the UEA offer btw!
Reply 145
Original post by laura_rich21
Hi every one i gotinto Bucks new uni for social work. Did anyone else get in there xx

i got in and i've accepted! really looking forward to it!
Original post by Ella08
Hello,
I am going for Social Work 2012 entry interview in various Universities, starting next week. What are the questions asked? Has anyone had an interview in 2012 in any of the listed Universities below? The selection process for Derby is comprised of a piece of written work based on a short video exercise, so what was the questions asked for the written work, the group sections also the individual interview questions? Help please I cant sleep or eat untill I have knowladge of what to read and what to say. Thanks
1) Derby
2) MMU
3) Chester
4) Hopefully Staffordshire University will respond.

hiya i was just wundering how you got on at chester? got an interview there in 2 weeks just wundered if you've got any tips on the individual interview question they ask? so i can prepare :smile:
Reply 147
Anyone know when we apply for our social work bursary?
Reply 148
No idea sorry! I won't get a bursary because I'm from Northern Ireland :frown:
Original post by L2307
Anyone know when we apply for our social work bursary?

Just keep an eye on this website: http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Students/986.aspx

I look at it every week or so, just to see if the new forms have arrived :smile:

As soon as I see it I will post it here as well :biggrin:
How do we find out what we are entitled to? When filling out the student finance it says I'm only entitled to suck much because of the nhs Bursary but how do we find out what we get from them?
Original post by Hayley0104
How do we find out what we are entitled to? When filling out the student finance it says I'm only entitled to suck much because of the nhs Bursary but how do we find out what we get from them?

The social work bursary shouldn't affect your student finance at all. It's not an NHS one...its totally different. So you should try and contact Student Finance to let them know that you're not doing Nursing or Dentistry - those are the kinda courses that come under NHS.

Social Work bursary is non-means tested and it should be around 4,00 each year...cause that's the price it was last year and it's staying the same :smile:

Hope that helps...:smile:
i rang nhs social work up and they said it is £4,575 would that be correct. It seems a lot of money on top of what im entitled to on student finance. It seems confusing think i may have to ring and apply rather than doing it online lol.
Thank you for your help
i rang nhs social work up and they said it is £4,575 would that be correct. It seems a lot of money on top of what im entitled to on student finance. It seems confusing think i may have to ring and apply rather than doing it online lol.
Thank you for your help

Your welcome :smile:

I wish I had someone to explain it to me when I was trying to work it out the first time :P

I think calling them will be best, then you can ask all the questions you want :smile:

Good luck :biggrin:
Hi everyone

Just wanted to ask, does anyone know how this CRB and health check stuff works? Like i mean i've firmed and insured my 2 choices but does that mean they will send me the forms or whatever? am so confused!
Reply 155
Original post by michellemarcus
Hi everyone

Just wanted to ask, does anyone know how this CRB and health check stuff works? Like i mean i've firmed and insured my 2 choices but does that mean they will send me the forms or whatever? am so confused!

Hi Michelle,
I heard back from the uni I firmed and this is the email they sent:

Dear Amanda

Course : BA Social Work, Fusehill Street

Congratulations on accepting the University of Cumbria as your first choice.

We wanted to take this opportunity to provide you with some key dates over the coming months;

March onwards;
If you have a school or college email address You MUST change it to a personal email account so that you do not miss crucial correspondence from us in the Summer.

Mid May
By mid May you will have received an email directing you to the information and application form for Accommodation.

For courses which are funded by the NHS, we will contact the NHS Student Grants Unit on your behalf. They will then contact you directly to complete their forms.

By the End June
By the end of June you will be sent more information about your course. If your course requires enhanced CRB and/or medical checks you will also be given information about providing and completing the documentation required.

We will also request copy certificates for the qualifications you have used for entry (i.e. GCSE’s and completed qualifications). You must meet this condition by 31 August 2012. If you are unable to find your qualification certificates you will need to either obtain proof by contacting the relevant exam board to request a replacement or asking your school/college for proof on letterheaded paper.

August
More detailed information about results submission/confirmation of places and clearing will be sent to you in July. Please note that you must meet all the conditions of your offer by 31 August 2012.
Reply 156
Original post by michellemarcus
Hi everyone

Hope the last post helped you. I checked my email address and it was in the email admissionforCumbria x Mand xx
Reply 157
Thank you for your help

That's correct Hayley but anyone who is applying to uni for Social Work from 2013/14 may not be entitled to a bursary because they are talking about scrapping it, the existing bursary applicants will remain until the end of their degrees. x
Original post by Mand76
Hope the last post helped you. I checked my email address and it was in the email admissionforCumbria x Mand xx

Hi thank you so much, it really helped! :smile: X
Reply 159
Hello Jen,

This is my first frist reply also same position as you 4 kids at home also. reality just starting to hit home 4 full days of study then work at home 2 teens 2 small. and a husband! beginning to realise we must be mad! uni as well as a husband! congrats on getting your place

Quick Reply

Latest