Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Queens University Belfast Medicine Apps 2012 :D

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anem123)
    I'm also from South England! Well at least I'm not the only one then, wow what a day!! xxx
    Yes how exciting !!!! Good luck with preparation
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview for 19th as well. Undergrad entry with 41/42.

(Original post by soph2304)
    same i have received an interview by post today but just checked UCAS track and it hasn't come up - maybe because it is a weekend? Mine is on the 16th Dec and I am from the South England!
    My Dundee interview has not shown on track either. Is it maybe only offers which show on track?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Interviews aren't shown on track, just decisions made by the universities. Good luck to those with interviews for QUB!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzingwhizbee)
    Also worried about rumours that everyone is from Northern Ireland so goes home for the weekend and it's quiet. I think I'm scared because no one from my school EVER applies so it's seen as weird. Sounds like a lovely city and uni though .

Whereabouts in England are you?
    This is true (for the most part). I'm from NI and all my friends are home at the weekend getting fed and getting their washing done. That isn't uni life for me so thats why i didnt apply there :rolleyes: I think if you make friends with other people in your situation you'll be grand though!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wooo i got an interview for the 16th at 1:45 cant wait, who else is flying out there?

(i got 38/42 for anyone whos interested)

Also does anyone know the interview / offer ratio?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    if i get a letter tomorrow the postman will be like father christmas!
    • 68 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tbag1)
    Got an interview for 19th as well. Undergrad entry with 41/42.
    What time is yours? I'm on the 19th too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ive an interview on the 16th Im from NI and to anyone coming from england I wouldnt worry to much about the weekends ! Everyone I know including myself all hit the town at the weekends together anyway .... so it isnt necessarily quiet
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    Does anyone know of people getting an interview with less than 38 points?
    Thanks
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else flying out on their own? if so where did you get the best deal on flights?
    also anyone from England going out on the 16th?

oh and i know there are two Airports in Belfast anyone know how difficult it is to get from Belfast Intl to QUB
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OSharp)
    Is anyone else flying out on their own? if so where did you get the best deal on flights?
    also anyone from England going out on the 16th?

oh and i know there are two Airports in Belfast anyone know how difficult it is to get from Belfast Intl to QUB
    It would take 25-30 minutes to drive from Belfast intl to queens, if you go to George Best it'll take 5
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone - i was just wondering if anyone wanted to discuss different preperation techniques for the MMI . Im starting to get nervous as i am worrying about it. Obviously there are alot of rules regarding the discussion of interviews so please don't break any - any replys to this post are welcome in my thread "MMI - any thoughts?"
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anem123)
    I'm also from South England! Well at least I'm not the only one then, wow what a day!! xxx
    (Original post by soph2304)
    same i have received an interview by post today but just checked UCAS track and it hasn't come up - maybe because it is a weekend? Mine is on the 16th Dec and I am from the South England!
    For the record im also from the south east, and on the 16th at 1:45 but im flying out to belfast on the thursday morning, anyone else arriving early? I would be really keen to meet up and have a look around the city with someone in the same boat as me, as im going out on my own
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    For the record im also from the south east, and on the 16th at 1:45 but im flying out to belfast on the thursday morning, anyone else arriving early? I would be really keen to meet up and have a look around the city with someone in the same boat as me, as im going out on my own
    I'm flying out from Gatwick on Thursday (midday) so will arrive relatively early. My interview time is 11:30. Sooooo nervous already!! Same I am having to go on my own too.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to all who have interviews so far!

Has anyone been given a Feb interview yet? Or does anyone know if they only release the Feb interviews closer to the time?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orie2261)
    Interviews aren't shown on track, just decisions made by the universities. Good luck to those with interviews for QUB!
    Thank you for the clarification!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My interview is Monday 19th and I will be flying out Sunday 18th so will end up missing you! Hopefully we can meet up one day as medical students at QUB!

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzingwhizbee)
    Also worried about rumours that everyone is from Northern Ireland so goes home for the weekend and it's quiet. I think I'm scared because no one from my school EVER applies so it's seen as weird. Sounds like a lovely city and uni though .

Whereabouts in England are you?
    Im sorry to tell you that this is true. All NI students return home to get there washing done. The weekend is dead. I know a couple of English students, they tend to stick together at weekends.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    mmmmm....... still no letter...... do you automatically get a interview with enough points?

Anybody got an interview for the 20th yet?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by os93)
    mmmmm....... still no letter...... do you automatically get a interview with enough points?

Anybody got an interview for the 20th yet?
    everyone is ranked and top 500 get interviews, phone or email the admissions office asking about the status of your application

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 17, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.