The Student Room Group

Queens University Belfast Medicine Apps 2012 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by tristar
interview on the 16th, anyone else that early ?? Im a graduate by the way. I didn't get a letter though, just an e-mail and then a phone call to arrange a time.

Yeah, I have one on that day. I am from England and am a gap year student. I received a letter by snail mail.
Reply 261
Original post by orie2261
@ mitosis

No, they don't. It's solely based on the MMIs, there's no station that will ask you questions about yourself etc.

Thanks. Some MMIs have stations, where they ask personal questions. This means that I can relax and not worry about those questions. :redface:
Reply 262
I have an interview on the 16th at 8:30 (gap year 39/42)

I've heard that they will be something simular to the dentistry interviews last year..... alot of senarios.... questions like a friend has missed leatures would you give a friend your notes to copy....i looked on the website there is two examples on there.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 263
Original post by CMCK
I have an interview on the 16th at 8:30 (gap year 39/42)

I've heard that they will be something simular to the dentistry interviews last year..... alot of senarios.... questions like a friend has missed leatures would you give a friend your notes to copy....i looked on the website there is two examples on there.

I'm the same day and time as you :smile:
Reply 264
Original post by karkarpops
I'm on the 19th too! Have to be there at 11.30 :biggrin:

:O mine is at exactly the same time as you! Are you from N.I? :biggrin:

I was thinking about the 280 places and 500 intervewee thing earlier... sounds silly but they must give out more offers than 280 to allow for people not meeting grades/ going somewhere else... it's looking good guys :smile:
Reply 265
Original post by E.B

I was thinking about the 280 places and 500 intervewee thing earlier... sounds silly but they must give out more offers than 280 to allow for people not meeting grades/ going somewhere else... it's looking good guys :smile:

Someone correct me if im wrong but id say that the 280 offers probably take into account people goin elsewhere and not meeting grades
Reply 266
@Mitosis

They've never had that station at QUB but there's one that you could reference yours but they don't have it infront of them and they (the interviewer for that station) may well not have read it
Original post by E.B

That's so cool! Naw, I'm from Dublin :smile: Haha, we should meet up...I'll be the girl at the corner of the room hyperventilating into a brown paper bag :P
Reply 268
I have an interview at QUB on the 20th at 11.30
@Mitosis

They've never had that station at QUB but there's one that you could reference yours but they don't have it infront of them and they (the interviewer for that station) may well not have read it

howre you guys so sure all the stations are only scenario-based? :s-smilie:
Original post by os93
I have an interview at QUB on the 20th at 11.30

Im on at the same time, what time u gonna be getting there at? and well done to everyone who got an interview!:biggrin:
Reply 271
@karkarpops

I did the MMI last year and am now currently a 1st year Medic at QUB. They aren't all scenerio based, there are ethical stations, there are stations in which you have to debate a certain issue, there are ones with simulated patients and you play the role of a doctor/medical student/care assistant etc. and ones in which they want you to talk through certain problems etc.
Reply 272
@karkarpops

I did the MMI last year and am now currently a 1st year Medic at QUB. They aren't all scenerio based, there are ethical stations, there are stations in which you have to debate a certain issue, there are ones with simulated patients and you play the role of a doctor/medical student/care assistant etc. and ones in which they want you to talk through certain problems etc.

yikes...sounds a lot for 5 mins. a wee bit nervous now !
@karkarpops

Oh I see! So they don't ask questions about your PS or about yourself at all? That's a bit disappointing actually :/ But how can they assess your personality and your motivation without looking at your personal statement?
Reply 274
Original post by KeepMovingForward
Im on at the same time, what time u gonna be getting there at? and well done to everyone who got an interview!:biggrin:

think im going to travel to belfast the day before to make sure I get there on time
Reply 275
Original post by E.B
Me! :smile: Is yours in the morning?

Emily

Nope, in the afternoon.
What time's your? :smile:
Reply 276
Original post by KR1993
Interview on the 16th !!! So happy :biggrin: 40 points as well :smile: 8.30 in the morning anyone else that early?

See you there! :smile:
Reply 277
What have you all been doing to prepare?
Original post by os93
think im going to travel to belfast the day before to make sure I get there on time

Yea thats probably what I'll end up doing, where you travelling in from? :smile:
Original post by do do
Im sorry to tell you that this is true. All NI students return home to get there washing done. The weekend is dead. I know a couple of English students, they tend to stick together at weekends.

Yeah seriously putting me off. Could always go visit some friends in Liverpool etc :P, I'll get to know the other English people if I get in.

Does anyone know anything about the course structure? Can't find much info...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending