The Student Room Group

Queens University Belfast Medicine Apps 2012 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by tbag1
I'm 9am on Monday! Bricking it!:bricks:

Same time as me! Going to be a very early morning!
Original post by d3ano
OMG I hate Belfast, I think it's really dirty and stuff :P I just think it's really mediocre, and the course structure is poor. So is mine. What time is your's at? :smile:

Evidence?
Reply 342
Original post by Fizzingwhizbee

Well I'm on a gap year in France now so I suppose Belfast would be closer to home for me tbh.

True! Hope you're enjoying France!
I know nothing about the course structure and can't find any info? Help!
I know nothing about the course structure and can't find any info? Help!

I thought theyre only asking scenarios?
Reply 345
I didn't expect it to go as badly as it did lol I generally perform very well in a traditional interview situation but MMIs proved to be a completely different kettle of fish. Good luck to everyone for this week
Reply 346
Original post by Niamh_
I didn't expect it to go as badly as it did lol I generally perform very well in a traditional interview situation but MMIs proved to be a completely different kettle of fish. Good luck to everyone for this week

I know how you feel, It seems like it went so badly.. I told one of the interviewers I can't answer the question because I don't understand what you mean? :L haha My mind just went blank but there's nothing we can do now, just hope for the best :smile:
Reply 347
Original post by KR1993
I know how you feel, It seems like it went so badly.. I told one of the interviewers I can't answer the question because I don't understand what you mean? :L haha My mind just went blank but there's nothing we can do now, just hope for the best :smile:

I can guess exactly what one you're talking about! I reckon at least half of us answered it incorrectly or didn't answer it at all! :L You're right though, we're all in the same boat now, better just hoping you're the best of a bad bunch lol!!
Reply 348
The more I read the posts the more I'm worried for tomorrow :afraid:
Reply 349
Original post by Niamh_
I can guess exactly what one you're talking about! I reckon at least half of us answered it incorrectly or didn't answer it at all! :L You're right though, we're all in the same boat now, better just hoping you're the best of a bad bunch lol!!

I said.. "Can you spell that for me, maybe I've seen it written down" :L :L haha glad to know other people felt like that!
fingers crossed I am :P
Original post by KR1993
I said.. "Can you spell that for me, maybe I've seen it written down" :L :L haha glad to know other people felt like that!
fingers crossed I am :P

Oh gosh, I'm terrified now! How were the interviewers in general? :s-smilie:
I think these interviews are ones you really can't prepare for. I've been looking over medical news and the nhs for ages and think I just wasted all my time :P
Reply 351
Original post by cz100
The more I read the posts the more I'm worried for tomorrow :afraid:

Original post by karkarpops
I think these interviews are ones you really can't prepare for. I've been looking over medical news and the nhs for ages and think I just wasted all my time :P

Don't worry too much about it. Everyone's in the same boat, and the time passes very quickly. Also suprisingly (to me at least) the rest stations helped a lot and I found the interviewers were very nice (well.. most of them).
Original post by Angury
Don't worry too much about it. Everyone's in the same boat, and the time passes very quickly. Also suprisingly (to me at least) the rest stations helped a lot and I found the interviewers were very nice (well.. most of them).

I hope so :smile: But what I don't understand is, do I have to talk continuously for 5 minutes or do they ask you prompt questions? :s-smilie:
Reply 353
I hope so :smile: But what I don't understand is, do I have to talk continuously for 5 minutes or do they ask you prompt questions? :s-smilie:

No, once you get into the station the interviewer asks you about 4 different questions related to the topic :smile:
Original post by KR1993
No, once you get into the station the interviewer asks you about 4 different questions related to the topic :smile:

Oh! Hahaha, thank goodness! I think I'm just expecting it to be much worse than it is, I need to calm down :smile: Did anyone in your groups have any horror stories after their interviews? I just hope I don't start crying after :'(
Reply 355

Well for me they were all really nice, except for two of them.
Reply 356
Original post by KR1993

Out of interest, did you manage to speak for the full 5 minutes in all the interviews or were there some where you finished before the time was up?
Reply 357
Oh! Hahaha, thank goodness! I think I'm just expecting it to be much worse than it is, I need to calm down :smile: Did anyone in your groups have any horror stories after their interviews? I just hope I don't start crying after :'(

yea just calm, don't let the nerves get to you! well I was talking to a few people afterwards and they thought it was really challenging, but what medical school interview wouldn't be challenging? :P When I was at the 3rd station there was silence in the station next to me, made me feel better because I know I stalled in some of them.
Reply 358
Original post by Angury
Out of interest, did you manage to speak for the full 5 minutes in all the interviews or were there some where you finished before the time was up?

In a few of the stations the bell rang and I wasn't finished speaking, and they just said "ok" lol. But in others I didn't have much to say and had about 2 minutes to spare. How about you?
Reply 359
Original post by KR1993
In a few of the stations the bell rang and I wasn't finished speaking, and they just said "ok" lol. But in others I didn't have much to say and had about 2 minutes to spare. How about you?

Pretty much the same. Thinking about it now, there is so much more I could have said and I'm a little annoyed with myself, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who blanked in some of them.
I think the most annoying thing is waiting until March for the replies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending