The Student Room Group

Queens University Belfast Medicine Apps 2012 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
How do you find out what rank you got in the interviews? And did people get anything by post or email from Belfast all I got was track update email from ucas.
I got an email from them just explaining that my conditions were slightly different to what UCAS said :/
Reply 722
Nt all hope is lost people - an e-mail i received from queens as a reply to an e-mail i sent:

Dear Mr XXXXXXX

We acknowledge receipt of your email and would advise that your statement that you are “currently XXXX on the waiting list” is incorrect as we are not currently operating a waiting list. Our email states that applicants may be reconsidered, “provided they have not held a firm or insurance offer with another Medical School through UCAS”; choosing the Biology degree at Queen’s as your Firm or Insurance choice would not rule you out of reconsideration in August.

We would advise that it is not possible to transfer into the Medical degree from any other degree course at Queen’s.

We hope this is helpful but if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

As this email account is accessed by a number of people, if you wish to contact us again it would be helpful if you would REPLY to this email rather than creating a new message.

Yours sincerely
Admissions and Access Service
Reply 723
Original post by Doctor2b
Nt all hope is lost people - an e-mail i received from queens as a reply to an e-mail i sent:

Dear Mr XXXXXXX

We acknowledge receipt of your email and would advise that your statement that you are “currently XXXX on the waiting list” is incorrect as we are not currently operating a waiting list. Our email states that applicants may be reconsidered, “provided they have not held a firm or insurance offer with another Medical School through UCAS”; choosing the Biology degree at Queen’s as your Firm or Insurance choice would not rule you out of reconsideration in August.

We would advise that it is not possible to transfer into the Medical degree from any other degree course at Queen’s.

We hope this is helpful but if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

As this email account is accessed by a number of people, if you wish to contact us again it would be helpful if you would REPLY to this email rather than creating a new message.

Yours sincerely
Admissions and Access Service

what email did you use to request feedback? i cant seem to find it on their website!!
Original post by crash123
what email did you use to request feedback? i cant seem to find it on their website!!

Contact [email protected] :smile:

Hmm... I wonder how many places normally open up in August. Does anyone have an idea?
Reply 725
Original post by DoctorDeL'avenir

Hmm... I wonder how many places normally open up in August. Does anyone have an idea?

i don't have a clue.

As far as i know there are 262 places (correct me if im wrong please)

Offers have been made to 365 applicants.

People like me who are going to hope there are places in August need more than 103 applicants who were made offers to miss their grades or withdraw and study medicine elsewhere.

Also as there is no waiting list as such anyone most people who were rejected have the chance to be reassessed come august should any places become available. People who were rejected who cannot be reassessed would be those who did not meet the grade criteria and those who hold a medical course at another university as a firm or insurance offer.

For us who are hoping for reconsideration during august, the more people who were rejected and missed grades or hold another medical uni as firm or insurance offer the better as there is less competition during august.

Now i know there were places open in august last year but that doesnt necessarily mean there will be any this year. Admissions did state that they made more offers this year BUT that they do expect a few places to be open in August, but obviously if all the people who were made conditional offers meet their conditions and no-one withdraws then there will be no places. We won't know till results day
Reply 726
Original post by DoctorDeL'avenir

I got an offer this year but all I have had so far is UCAS track updates, does anyone know if or when I will receive a letter with my ranking?

Thankssss x
Reply 728
Original post by kathleen1992
I got an offer this year but all I have had so far is UCAS track updates, does anyone know if or when I will receive a letter with my ranking?

Thankssss x

I have an offer and sent them an email enquiring about it, unfortunately this was their response

Dear Ms xxx
In reply to your recent email, I am writing to say with regret that it is University policy to provide feedback only to unsuccessful applicants. As you will appreciate, they require additional information and support and the purpose of providing the ranking is to allow them to assess their position, in terms of possible reconsideration in August.

Yours sincerely

Jennifer Dwyer (Mrs)
Head of Admissions

so I guess we´ll never know :rolleyes:
Original post by Doctor2b
i don't have a clue.

As far as i know there are 262 places (correct me if im wrong please)

Offers have been made to 365 applicants.

People like me who are going to hope there are places in August need more than 103 applicants who were made offers to miss their grades or withdraw and study medicine elsewhere.

Also as there is no waiting list as such anyone most people who were rejected have the chance to be reassessed come august should any places become available. People who were rejected who cannot be reassessed would be those who did not meet the grade criteria and those who hold a medical course at another university as a firm or insurance offer.

For us who are hoping for reconsideration during august, the more people who were rejected and missed grades or hold another medical uni as firm or insurance offer the better as there is less competition during august.

Now i know there were places open in august last year but that doesnt necessarily mean there will be any this year. Admissions did state that they made more offers this year BUT that they do expect a few places to be open in August, but obviously if all the people who were made conditional offers meet their conditions and no-one withdraws then there will be no places. We won't know till results day

Thanks again, Doctor2b!:smile:

Yeah, at very least, 103 people would have to turn down their offer/ will not have met the grade requirement in order for QUB to start reconsidering people who had been rejected. It is a lot of people... but I'm sure that there will still be at least a handful of places to fill during August despite the increase in offers this year.

And I'm sure many people who were rejected will have offers to study Medicine at another university, will not have achieved the required grades, or will have accepted a place in another degree course. So I guess that narrows down the 'waiting list' in August by quite a bit.

Still, to stand a good running chance of being reconsidered, you would need to have a relatively high ranking. I'm really hoping that loads of places open up in August, but I'm not going to hold my breath on it.
I'm already thinking about my application for 2013. I think that I will also sit the GAMSAT this year.
Original post by cmkable
I have an offer and sent them an email enquiring about it, unfortunately this was their response

Dear Ms xxx
In reply to your recent email, I am writing to say with regret that it is University policy to provide feedback only to unsuccessful applicants. As you will appreciate, they require additional information and support and the purpose of providing the ranking is to allow them to assess their position, in terms of possible reconsideration in August.

Yours sincerely

Jennifer Dwyer (Mrs)
Head of Admissions

so I guess we´ll never know :rolleyes:

Thank you! I am sure that at the interview I was told I would receive a ranking even if I was successful! Was anyone else under this impression?
Yea i was :/
Reply 732
Me too, I clearly remember the man briefing us telling us that we´d know regardless of whether we were the first or the last, hence the reason for my sending them an email enquiring about it. I was a bit surprised by their response, I can only assume that they´ve changed their minds about it!
probably didnt want people to complain about where they came :/
Any news for international students?
Reply 735
Dentistry offers were released on Monday, anyone firming QUB for September?
Reply 736
Original post by chanchunyu12
Any news for international students?

Hi there, I'm an international too :tongue: I haven't heard anything from Queen's either
Reply 737
Declined my offer, going to Leeds. I hope someone else on here gets my place :smile: good luck to everyone still waiting, especially those waiting for August.
Reply 738
Original post by Sherbet
Declined my offer, going to Leeds. I hope someone else on here gets my place :smile: good luck to everyone still waiting, especially those waiting for August.

Thank you soooo much sherbet

:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

102 places now DoctorDeL'avenir let the fighting for the free places commence :starwars: LOL

Maybe if the thread creator is on (laurenl i think) they could create an anonymous poll to see what everyone is doing

i.e. firm unconditional
firm conditional
insurance conditional
unconditional but going elsewhere
conditional but going elsewhere
withdraw to go elsewhere
rejected but hold firm/conditional with other med uni
rejected and hoping for reassesment

and anything else that i missed

i know that these dont take into account anyone who miss the grades in august, thanks
Reply 739
Original post by Ber
Hi there, I'm an international too :tongue: I haven't heard anything from Queen's either

Got an offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending