Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hendrefoelan Student Village 2011

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How much do bus passes cost? I guess we'll need them if we're in the village!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm in flat 225, anyone else nearby?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesrb)
    How much do bus passes cost? I guess we'll need them if we're in the village!
    It depends how you pay. If you want it for the 3 terms and holidays in between, it's about £380. It seems a lot, but the village is by far the cheapest accomm so it's probably less than the cost of the difference. (e.g. annual Village flat = £2920, annual Caswell on campus flat = £3708) And yeah, you'll want a bus pass, the individual ticket prices are terrible. You definitely use up far more than 380-odd quid's worth of tickets throughout the year.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    It depends how you pay. If you want it for the 3 terms and holidays in between, it's about £380. It seems a lot, but the village is by far the cheapest accomm so it's probably less than the cost of the difference. (e.g. annual Village flat = £2920, annual Caswell on campus flat = £3708) And yeah, you'll want a bus pass, the individual ticket prices are terrible. You definitely use up far more than 380-odd quid's worth of tickets throughout the year.
    How long would it take to walk to the university?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mconnorm)
    How long would it take to walk to the university?
    I never did it. Probably too long to do regularly. I've heard reports of 45 minutes.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm also starting Swansea University in September and hopefully will get a place in Hendrefoelan Student Village so will probably need a bus pass. Just wondering does the bus pass that you say costs about £380 for the year go all around Swansea (to the City Centre) or is it just to get to the uni?
    Thanks x
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missmorganian)
    Hi, I'm also starting Swansea University in September and hopefully will get a place in Hendrefoelan Student Village so will probably need a bus pass. Just wondering does the bus pass that you say costs about £380 for the year go all around Swansea (to the City Centre) or is it just to get to the uni?
    Thanks x
    I believe it covers Swansea and Neath.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    house 41 room 5, anyone else?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    * Everyone has totally different schedules so it's not hectic.
    * Buses are 4/5 times an hour, sometimes you'll be standing but they're not too bad.
    That's a relief. Thanks for that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    flat 58 here!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seriously considering taking a bike and cycling into the university to save on costs, also to have a bike down there for cycling along the beach, do many people do this and are there bike lock facilites etc at the village? I've google maps'd it and its only 2.5 miles which is not far at all for cycling? Any info would be appreciated
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've been told riding down there is a piece of cake but apparently the journey back to the student village is hellish, especially after a long day!

But, I'm seriously considering just walking to and fro. It is only 2.5 miles like you said, would take about 20 mins!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wycombe13)
    Seriously considering taking a bike and cycling into the university to save on costs, also to have a bike down there for cycling along the beach, do many people do this and are there bike lock facilites etc at the village? I've google maps'd it and its only 2.5 miles which is not far at all for cycling? Any info would be appreciated
    Yeah, some people do this. There are bike sheds in the village and at the uni. If you have a flat you could even leave your bike in the kitchen since there's room (if your flatmates don't object.)

(Original post by Akhil1993)
    I've been told riding down there is a piece of cake but apparently the journey back to the student village is hellish, especially after a long day!

But, I'm seriously considering just walking to and fro. It is only 2.5 miles like you said, would take about 20 mins!
    It takes 12 minutes on the bus, good luck walking it in 20 minutes! :lolwut: Unless you're one of those fitness freaks who can leg it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah man, I'm faster than Usain Bolt.

Okay, no I'm definitely not...I maaaaay have slightly underestimated. :P
    30 mins? I wouldn't be arsed to walk more than that in the mornings....haha.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Cicerao;33668095]Yeah, some people do this. There are bike sheds in the village and at the uni. If you have a flat you could even leave your bike in the kitchen since there's room (if your flatmates don't object.)

Thanks for your help.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hsv134/06
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wycombe13)
    I know a lot of the people on my course are planning on cycling. I'll be getting the bus.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    HSV010/03 + computer science for me
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    HSV139/06 and Engineering for Me!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Turns out that i think they have ****ed up with my accomodation. I looked and the accomodation i have is for postgrads and medical students and is a 47 week contract or something like that and im neither a medical student nor post grad so hopefully they can reply to my email soon and sort it out.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2011
New on TSR

Ways to improve university

Should university be free and harder to get in to?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.