The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Hendrefoelan Student Village 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AdamE
Turns out that i think they have ****ed up with my accomodation. I looked and the accomodation i have is for postgrads and medical students and is a 47 week contract or something like that and im neither a medical student nor post grad so hopefully they can reply to my email soon and sort it out.

If not as many postgrads or med students have applied they will put regular students in them. Does it say your contract starts on the 2nd September?
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 61
No it doesnt, but so far on here and on facebook i havent seen one person in the same or even near me :/
Reply 62
At least you have accommodation mate!!

I have just found out that they have given me two student IDs, I still havent got anything but 'application processed on 19/8/11' on my login.

Can't do anything until Tuesday morning :frown:
Reply 63
Im going to be staying at HSV065/03, so excited :biggrin:
Reply 64
Original post by Happy_Holidays
If not as many postgrads or med students have applied they will put regular students in them. Does it say your contract starts on the 2nd September?

Got an email back from the uni and you were right haha i had no need to panic. Its now back to my ideal accomodation right next to the pub :biggrin:
Reply 65
HSV043 anyone :smile:?
Reply 66
BOOM! i'm in HSV051!
Reply 67
Can someone please PM me a bunch of pictures of the rooms/kitchens/bathrooms/lounges? Much appreciated. I got into Law through clearing but I haven't heard back about exactly where I'll be in the village.
Reply 68
HSV146/06 and doing medical science and humanities

:smile:
Reply 69
HSV168 anyone?
(edited 12 years ago)
HSV137/07. Anyone else?
Reply 71
HSV163/05 doind Mechanical Engineerimg XD
Original post by Cicerao
I never did it. Probably too long to do regularly. I've heard reports of 45 minutes.

You seem to know what you're talking about, just wondering do you know what its like in Swansea's pubs and clubs for ID and the university itself? I have a citizencard and a slightly out of date passport, but I know that some places are a bit funny about it.

Thanks
Reply 73
Does anyone know where the bike shed is in the student village?
Reply 74
Original post by missmorganian
You seem to know what you're talking about, just wondering do you know what its like in Swansea's pubs and clubs for ID and the university itself? I have a citizencard and a slightly out of date passport, but I know that some places are a bit funny about it.

Thanks

In the university they're not as strict, some form of ID on the door should be enough. Some places they are very strict, I doubt they'd accept a Citizencard, but the passport should be okay. Doubt they're gonna scrutinise the date. :smile: Bizarrely I wasn't IDd in Tesco when I look about 15... :|
Original post by Cicerao
In the university they're not as strict, some form of ID on the door should be enough. Some places they are very strict, I doubt they'd accept a Citizencard, but the passport should be okay. Doubt they're gonna scrutinise the date. :smile: Bizarrely I wasn't IDd in Tesco when I look about 15... :|

I think that's the same everywhere. There's one shop by me that id'd me for a lottery ticket (I'm 21 and deffo look over 18), yet I went in to buy some alcohol and they didn't. :rolleyes:
Reply 76
Original post by Happy_Holidays
I think that's the same everywhere. There's one shop by me that id'd me for a lottery ticket (I'm 21 and deffo look over 18), yet I went in to buy some alcohol and they didn't. :rolleyes:

I got IDd in Tesco for a 12 (!) film but in Game I didn't get IDd for a 16 game...it really is all over the place. I'm 19...thought the woman was having a laugh when I got IDd for the 12! Lottery tickets are 16, aren't they? Even better... =o=
Original post by Jamesrb

Original post by Jamesrb
HSV168 anyone?

HSV 167, next door neighbours :P
Reply 78
Hsv 140/04 :smile:
Reply 79
Original post by crazyfool333
HSV 167, next door neighbours :P

Ah cool man!

Quick Reply

Latest