The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1
Manny, the vast majority of people on this forum seem to be mega clever so I don't think you'll see many rejections from people here. Plus I don't think that Kings have sent a load of rejections out yet.

Fingers crossed mate.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
i expect my rejection in the post some time soon :biggrin:
Reply 3
I think i might be expecting mine soon as well. Though iv promised Manny that he'l be the first to know. It's not fair, but neither is life.
rejection today for R9Q3.
still waiting for Q200 and Q8Q3 see sig for other info.
Reply 5
Don'yt worry about it. you still have another 2 chances. good luck!
Got my final rejection today. :frown:
so that's it... had all my offers... am a bit discouraged now....
Can anyone tell me about ucas extra? can i do it if i have offers? it's just that in march i will also have had my january results and i'm sure i'll have done well enough to be considered? i REALLY want to go to kings.:dong:

--------------

They haven't actually provided any reason for not giving me an interview. bit confused atually.
Reply 7
i don't think Kings interview for law, if you don't mind me asking what grades did you get at gcse,AS? you can't apply for ucas extra if you have 2 or more offers. where else did you apply?
Reply 8
You can probably email/phone and ask why they didn't give you an interview. King's doesn't tend to operate through UCASextra/clearing, I don't think, although I'm probably wrong.
asianangel86
Got my final rejection today. :frown:
so that's it... had all my offers... am a bit discouraged now....
Can anyone tell me about ucas extra? can i do it if i have offers? it's just that in march i will also have had my january results and i'm sure i'll have done well enough to be considered? i REALLY want to go to kings.:dong:

--------------

They haven't actually provided any reason for not giving me an interview. bit confused atually.

Hey, i was just checking the Extra on the ucas website, cause i feel that im going to get my remaining rejections real soon and im just preparing myself for the failure to come, so ive been doing some early reading up on it. Basically, you can apply on march 21st (i think) and this means REapplying to unis for whatever course you want (or same) at the unis which still have places. Now reading up on the kings website, they specifically said they do NOT have ANY places left over, so presumably the unis which extra would apply to, wouldnt be many (or even the top ones). You can apply even if you have offers, but you must decline them (ie withdraw your application from all unis whether you got offers/rejections). You CANNOT still keep the offers you got and then apply through Extra.
I dont know what im going to do, id have to see after i get my lnat score to help me predict what the unis 'll say (obviously not accurate, but if i failed the blasted thing, then i know kcl is out of the q!)
Hope i explained it well and good luck xxx
Reply 10
Have an interview Feb. 8th / French. this is the only uni so far to request an interview and my choices are getting narrower by the day. I have KCL as my first choice now. Will write back when I have an answer from them, hoping positive:smile:
rose
Reply 11
Rose88
Have an interview Feb. 8th / French. this is the only uni so far to request an interview and my choices are getting narrower by the day. I have KCL as my first choice now. Will write back when I have an answer from them, hoping positive:smile:
rose

du u mean for law with french law or just french?
Reply 12
French with Business but think the interview is with French dept as the program is 75% french.
Reply 13
Just a tip: Read 'Le Monde'. All those with whom I've spoken after their interviews (for European Studies with French), me included, had articles from Le Monde.

Latest